Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
herbie herbie:
$1:
You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face.

$1:

Well that's a problem since the natives didn't build one damned thing.

I don't need to say anything when someone proves they're a bigoted asshole without help.

it's nice to see this place is still full of nazis :(

We commies are still holding the line! ha ha ha

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

The truth is that despite the calls of bigotry from some progressives and scholars whenever this point is brought up it does nothing to change the reality that these people were simply a stone age society before the white man arrived and as such weren't capable or inclined to build permanent structures.

You should visit Peru some day.

I have, a few times times.....and you?

The Aztec's, Inca's and Mayans were an exception to the rule, not the rule. And as stone age civilizations they flourished but disappeared just about as quickly especially when confronted with a civilization that was technologically more advanced. And when that happened they pretty much went right back to being the hunter gatherer society they originally were. Hell our North American Natives didn't ever get off the hunter gather bandwagon and other than some mounds in the Arkansas and the Eastern US never really got out of the stone age.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

The truth is that despite the calls of bigotry from some progressives and scholars whenever this point is brought up it does nothing to change the reality that these people were simply a stone age society before the white man arrived and as such weren't capable or inclined to build permanent structures.

I have numerous times and you?

Yes. And those structures seem pretty damn close to permanent to me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 pm

$1:

Shit he lives in BC. I guess because they all died from smallpox and no one was left to keep them up the longhouses and totems aren't classified as permanent structures. Or the oyster and clam beds they "just discovered"...
And the English and French opened the country with rowboats too? While eating tea and biscuits with their white wives?

If you don't LOOK you don't SEE.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 am

Condemn the natives for not leaving behind some hard rock structures; all we're going to leave behind is a bunch of trash, as if our skyscrapers will endure lmfao

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 am

White people created Trailer Park Boys and there's no way in hell anyone else on the planet could have thought that shit up. Not even T-Dogg.

Another monument for posterity! I say we have one sculpted for real and put it on permanent display right at the entrance to Parliament. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 am

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face. Mind you, I have a lot more contempt for those whimpering, sniveling, progressives who want to spend their lives on their bellies licking the shoes of any native that happens to wander by.

Have you been to Camp Cloud lately? @1:41

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am

I hate seeing bad people cheering. I hate it when bad people win. Just another disgraceful day in SJW-Lalaland where gutlessness reigns supreme. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:31 am

BRAH BRAH:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:
You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face. Mind you, I have a lot more contempt for those whimpering, sniveling, progressives who want to spend their lives on their bellies licking the shoes of any native that happens to wander by.

Sign of bigot #421: posts video of extremist pipeline protest group and only sees peron's race.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:54 am

New Ontario government did the right thing and offered to take the statue off of Victoria's hands and give it a new place. Victoria's really hip SJW mayor though declined the offer in order to put it into storage where it can be forgotten. Or trotted out some day to be melted down as part of the endless apology mania that obsesses the extremist left-wing in this silly country of ours:

https://calgarysun.com/news/local-news/ ... 73f6e8e8a8

Once again, totally shameful on Victoria, their city council, and every left-wing clod in that town who voted these pussies into office. Disgusting, just plain disgusting. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:20 am

So only ONE councilor voted against putting the statue in storage. What gives you the idea all the rest were leftists and that one wasn't?
Or is insensitivity now an admirable and compulsory trait of being right wing now?

Municipal elections are this fall. So let's see if any candidate uses this as an election issue and if they get anywhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 am

Going by the behaviour of the entire city of Victoria for far too long, if they're anything like the BC NDP and Green parties, I'm going to assume, and probably be quite safe in doing so, that the council is controlled and dominated by local leftists with a hard-left agenda. Seems to be a common phenomenon in most of lower BC, as well as in too many other cities across the entire country (including Calgary BTW). And I'm not out of line in blaming the population of Victoria either for something like this obliteration of history happening because, once again unfortunately, probably less than 40% of their eligible voters bother to turn out for elections which means the control of the city government is automatically ceded to the hard-left because they ALWAYS turn out in droves to vote. And, again, the same thing keeps happening here in Calgary too, an allegedly conservative town where an activist SJW council is allowed to happily run amuck year after year thanks to the deplorable voter turn out in civic elections.

Used to be all we got stuck with was tax-and-spenders who'd waste money on special interests and do things like pick stupid fights with the police department or provincial governments. Now we're in the realm of hard-core university-trained activists trying to destroy the foundation of the country itself with their dangerous ideological revisionism of our known factual history. Anyone still normal only has themselves to blame for not showing up to vote in order to stop them. And, yes, as cynical and legitimately depressed as I am I still continually vote in civic elections here because I'm so genuinely disgusted on a regular (if not daily) basis by what the Calgary council keeps doing to this city.

Implement mandatory voting NOW, at all levels of elections, with a minimum of a $100 fine (made payable on the city taxes or when it's time for a vehicle registration) for those who don't show up to participate. This is one of the worst things that's killing democracy everywhere, the nitwits who are opting out en masse and effectively handing control to idiots who are wrecking everything everywhere. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 pm

You're making the same error I heard someone accuse David Eby use regarding ICBC rate hikes - being a lawyer he thinks crime and punishment. Forgot about the carrot... whipping a donkey won't make it go, holding a carrot in front of it's nose when you do will.
I think a 'save your ballot receipt that proves you voted and staple it onto your income tax for $100 credit' would work way better. You could still spoil your ballot and get a credit, but people wouldn't be punished for being bystanders.
You'd need stoopid religious exemptions for stupid religions like JWs who don't vote.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Vbeacher Vbeacher:

As much as I dislike this move (which I explain more of below) I have more sympathy for Natives when they have to deal with shit like this:

$1:

Upon finding her car spray-painted, Spiller posted on Facebook she would "kill some Indians when I get home." She also proposed a "shoot a Indian day."

Chaisson responded, suggesting a "24 hour purge."

And this:

$1:

The Red Pheasant Cree Nation teenager's death was followed by a torrent of online hatred against Boushie, his friends and Indigenous people in general.

"Good for the punk," wrote one.

"He should have shot all five and (been) given a medal," wrote another.

A rural councillor and others posted that the only mistake was "leaving witnesses."

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Rather gutless, and won't win any favour of the First Nations anyways, in my opinion. I would argue that City Hall--the active, political entity that is part of the Crown, itself, would be more of a painful reminder of colonialism than Sir Johnny.

The problem I have with this is the more general implication it has-namely, that non-Native people shouldn't be allowed to take any pride in their heritage or identity. Given Old Tomorrow's fundamental role in Confederation and in building Canada, it's no surprise that a lot of people (including me) feel some kind of connection to the guy.

Notably, the Victorian politicians who voted to remove the statue talked about how to "recontextualize" Macdonald-and there is a way to do so, one that's been advocated by Indigenous people themselves. Namely, plaques describing the very complicated legacies of men like Duncan Campbell Scott and Edgerton Ryerson have already been placed with the full support of Indigenous activists like Ellen Gabriel and Cindy Blackstock.

There are two main problems here-the first, obviously, is that this risks just becoming a feelgood exercise for people to think that this is all that needs to be done to solve the problems we're currently dealing with, without the more substantive change that's needed.

The second is that this movement risks framing Macdonald as if he was some sort of lone mastermind who thought this whole ideology up on his own, when in fact it's part of a larger problem with Anglo-American political thought-namely, that the British and their cultural descendents came up with all these great ideas and principles, but only applied them very selectively to other white people. A perfect example is the U.S. Bill of Rights, written and ratified by many men who owned slaves. When people of colour have demanded recognition of the rights they too possess under these principles, the result has been the likes of Jim Crow and the Chinese head tax. I have a piece I plan to publish in Policy Options sometime this month that'll examine this in more detail.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I hate seeing bad people cheering. I hate it when bad people win. Just another disgraceful day in SJW-Lalaland where gutlessness reigns supreme. :evil:

Victoria can fuck right off.

herbie herbie:
BRAH BRAH:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

Sign of bigot #421: posts video of extremist pipeline protest group and only sees peron's race.

Sign of a whiny bitch, every post he makes. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 11  Next