PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:00 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:17 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Your system gives a high score even if overwoke critics gave it a high rating and audiences hate it.

See this is your problem in general Beave. Reality for you is what you wish would happen rather than what happens.

I already gave you Batwoman as an example to show you that's not true.

I'm telling you as somebody who uses this in the real world it works for me and judging myself to be an average guy, I recommend it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:42 am

$1:
If overwoke critics gave a movie a perfect 100 but audiences only gave it 50, your system would score the movie a perfect score of 200, the same as a a movie where the audience and the critics both gave a perfect score of 100 each.

Ahh...I see what the problem is. Your using your Beaveworld math again rather than the math the rest of use.

Here I'll show you again how it's supposed to work.

When Critic score is higher that audience score you subtract rather than add the two scores.

150 - 50 = 100

Don't pay to see this movie unless your Beave or somebody like him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:25 pm

And concerning the movie, Joker:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Your system gives a high score even if overwoke critics gave it a high rating and audiences hate it.

See this is your problem in general Beave. Reality for you is what you wish would happen rather than what happens.

I already gave you Batwoman as an example to show you that's not true.

I'm telling you as somebody who uses this in the real world it works for me and judging myself to be an average guy, I recommend it.

I saw you mention that movie but don’t see your example of how the numbers works out. Where did you post it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:04 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
If overwoke critics gave a movie a perfect 100 but audiences only gave it 50, your system would score the movie a perfect score of 200, the same as a a movie where the audience and the critics both gave a perfect score of 100 each.

Ahh...I see what the problem is. Your using your Beaveworld math again rather than the math the rest of use.

Here I'll show you again how it's supposed to work.

When Critic score is higher that audience score you subtract rather than add the two scores.

150 - 50 = 100

Don't pay to see this movie unless your Beave or somebody like him.

Oh I see what you mean now. But it still doesn’t make sense. You’re just doubling the audience score.

In your original example then:

$1:
If you check out the graphic below you'll note that Rotten Tomatoes has the reviewers rating at 69%. The audience rated it 91%.

So I add 69 to 91 and get 160. Then I deduct 69 from 91 = 22.

Then I add 22 to 160 to get 182. Joker has a 182 rating.

150 is a gotta see it.

If the audience score had been less than the critics I would have deducted Audience from Reviewers and deducted that number from the total of the 2.

If the audience had given it a 69 and critics had given it 91 (instead of the other way around) :

69+91-22 = 138....

138 = 69 x 2

Why not just simplify and ignore the critic scores altogether??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:08 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Because the more you see different numbers the more you learn to attach a varying personal significance to them.

For example you mentioned Batwoman. Critics were 74% in love with it. Audience had only 23% who didn't hate it.

74 + 23 = 97.
74 - 23 =51.
97 - 51 = 46

For me a 46 reeks of woke or incompetence and you'd have to strap me to a chair with a head brace and my eyes forced open like Alex in A Clockwork Orange to make me watch it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

All this hubub about this movie....and I am never going to see it, lol.

Give Joker a past and he is no longer Batman's greatest villain. I ain't giving that up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:16 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Because the more you see different numbers the more you learn to attach a varying personal significance to them.

For example you mentioned Batwoman. Critics were 74% in love with it. Audience had only 23% who didn't hate it.

74 + 23 = 97.
74 - 23 =51.
97 - 51 = 46

For me a 46 reeks of woke or incompetence and you'd have to strap me to a chair with a head brace and my eyes forced open like Alex in A Clockwork Orange to make me watch it.

Doesn’t the 23 tell you that all on its own? Your math above to get 46 is simply going the long way to double 23

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm

peck420 peck420:
All this hubub about this movie....and I am never going to see it, lol.

Give Joker a past and he is no longer Batman's greatest villain. I ain't giving that up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was my feeling as well for a while, I wasn't sure how I would feel about an origin story. I might just go watch it from the perspective that this isn't DC's Joker. A movie about a completely unrelated character.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

So you'd have trouble seeing a movie about make believe people living in a make believe world because there's a glitch with the comic book character that first appeared almost 80 years ago. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 pm

raydan raydan:
So you'd have trouble seeing a movie about make believe people living in a make believe world because there's a glitch with the comic book character that first appeared almost 80 years ago. :lol:

Honestly, yeah. If a character matters to you, and they fundamentally alter it, and potentially ruin an aspect of the character, why would you be okay with it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Tricks Tricks:
raydan raydan:

Honestly, yeah. If a character matters to you, and they fundamentally alter it, and potentially ruin an aspect of the character, why would you be okay with it?

Did you watch Batman with Adam West?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Tricks Tricks:
raydan raydan:

Keep in mind that Batman 1989 and the animated series gave the Joker a backstory.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Doesn’t the 23 tell you that all on its own?

It does but all three numbers tell me more.

Have you ever heard of a movie from 2003 called 'The Room?" I've heard some people say it's the worst movie ever made. Yet I've also heard people say it has a cult.

It has a Fiddledog rating of 94. That's better than the Batwoman TV series. When you break down the numbers they tell you a more complete story.

Now a question for you? Why is it so important to you to find a flaw in this? I'm starting to find it kind of flattering that it matters so much to you. :wink: