canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Choices are easy, ride a bike loose the turbine.
FINALLY!!

Now lets review the karpin again. A weapon is a weapon and not allowed in schools.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Red_Eye Red_Eye:
FINALLY!!

Now lets review the karpin again. A weapon is a weapon and not allowed in schools.

You know they don't even need to lose the turban. All they need is for one of them to design a helmet that fits over it. But they haven't been forced to until now.

Totally with you on the Karpin though.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:13 pm

I think wearing a turbine is to hide the hair by their religion , doesn't a helmit do just that? So what , wear the turbine when you get there. Why can't they accomodate that way instead of challenging our laws to their pleasing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Red_Eye Red_Eye:
I think wearing a turbine is to hide the hair by their religion , doesn't a helmit do just that? So what , wear the turbine when you get there. Why can't they accomodate that way instead of challenging our laws to their pleasing.

It takes a long time to put on a Turban; it's not like changing socks.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:22 pm

its a choice. You really want to ride a bike that bad its no trouble at all.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Red_Eye Red_Eye:

the religious laws state that they can't cover the turbin at all, a helmet that fits over it would violate this. To them it's turbin or nothing, no negotiation.

I agree with the judge, good ruling

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

Not really...I worked with Sikh's and they can take it off just like a hat.

When I used to commission TX's it would get so hot in the equipment room the Sikh's would take off their Turbans and hang them on a peg.

Good ruling.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:28 pm

PluggyRug
$1:

xerxes wrote:
$1:
Red_Eye wrote:
$1:

Not really...I worked with Sikh's and they can take it off just like a hat.

When I used to commission TX's it would get so hot in the equipment room the Sikh's would take off their Turbans and hang them on a peg.

Good ruling.

Yep!.........as easy as doning a bowler hat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 pm

... not that there's any connections...

$1:
The PM of India is Sikh. He is warning that the remnants of the violent Sikh independance movements are again trying to regroup. This movement is virtually dead in India. We unfortunately have some of these terrorists still in Canada. The warnings of the Indian government were ignored in 1985. Some of these people are trying to delist the Sikh terrorist organization the Babbar Khalsa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7281371.stm

..and the Taliban ride motorcycles too..

Hmmmm. Coincidence?
I don't think so!
:-)

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Manitoba does have a helmet law, but you can go to the doc and get a chit to say a helmet causes neck strain and get an exemption. [huh] Not sure about turbans or why the law seems unaware you will have more than a sore neck to worry about if you come off your bike at 100K helmetless. At least the Harley guys without helmets usually have good riding gear, lot of the crotch rocket folks seem to also enjoy riding in T shirts, shorts and sandals 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:26 pm

SigPig SigPig:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
FINALLY!!

You know they don't even need to lose the turban. All they need is for one of them to design a helmet that fits over it. But they haven't been forced to until now.

Totally with you on the Karpin though.

Its a "kirpan" gents.

|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Loader Loader:
Manitoba does have a helmet law, but you can go to the doc and get a chit to say a helmet causes neck strain and get an exemption. [huh] Not sure about turbans or why the law seems unaware you will have more than a sore neck to worry about if you come off your bike at 100K helmetless. At least the Harley guys without helmets usually have good riding gear, lot of the crotch rocket folks seem to also enjoy riding in T shirts, shorts and sandals 8O

Ah yes.. the great moorcycle dress confusion.
Leather everything and no helmet or great helmet and little else.
Thankfully most folks find a happy medium in between.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that, for all the talk about the weight of helmets breaking necks or restricting vision and hearing, no state in the US has ever seen their motorcycle fatalities reduced after relaxing helmet laws.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:45 pm

$1:
Badesha said after the ruling that his religion dictates that he refrain from wearing a helmet. "We cannot put anything over the turban. It's against our religion."

Ziggy can confirm this. The sihks at the coal mines have no problems taking off their turbans, wrapping their head in a cloth in order to put on a hardhat. I guess his religion isn't as strict as he thinks.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:47 pm

montana doesn't have a helmet law, I was down there in the hottest part of august, and I have to admit that I took my helmet off for a short trip into town....

.... It was nice! Not very safe, but nice!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:58 pm

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
montana doesn't have a helmet law, I was down there in the hottest part of august, and I have to admit that I took my helmet off for a short trip into town....

.... It was nice! Not very safe, but nice!

actually, Redneck, i would disagree with u there. i have ridden in many US
states without a lid, and i think its actually a better deal.

it forces you to be even more careful.

you see eveything.

you hear everything.

you feel everything.

you get a much better picture of what you are doing, and yes, that makes you
take it easy :)

i was always amazed at the rice rocket gang, full face and shorts,

wondered if they thought the helmet was full body size.. ive had a
full face, i think u get a false sense of security from it.
Riding without was much slower, more careful, and more fun !

yes yes, ive heard 'helmets save lives'... but wouldnt it be better to not
get into the accident in the first place ??