bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am

xerxes xerxes:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
I think wearing a turbine is to hide the hair by their religion , doesn't a helmit do just that? So what , wear the turbine when you get there. Why can't they accomodate that way instead of challenging our laws to their pleasing.

It takes a long time to put on a Turban; it's not like changing socks.

A good friend of my is Sikh. It takes 'Randy' all of 2 mins to do his turban. He doesn't wear it around the house and often takes it off in my home.
He is a welder by trade and only wears a kerchief at work. or when we go swimming.
His feeling about helmets is that'anyone who doesn't wear one is nuts'. My sentiments exactly!
Kudos to the judge.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 am

martin14 martin14:
Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
montana doesn't have a helmet law, I was down there in the hottest part of august, and I have to admit that I took my helmet off for a short trip into town....

.... It was nice! Not very safe, but nice!

actually, Redneck, i would disagree with u there. i have ridden in many US
states without a lid, and i think its actually a better deal.

it forces you to be even more careful.

you see eveything.

you hear everything.

you feel everything.

you get a much better picture of what you are doing, and yes, that makes you
take it easy :)

i was always amazed at the rice rocket gang, full face and shorts,

wondered if they thought the helmet was full body size.. ive had a
full face, i think u get a false sense of security from it.
Riding without was much slower, more careful, and more fun !

yes yes, ive heard 'helmets save lives'... but wouldnt it be better to not
get into the accident in the first place ??

Based on those grand comments, one would believe that taking off a full face helmet would result in less accidents, not to mention less fatalities from all that weight from those heavy full face helmets.
You'd guess such an "obvious" result must show up in the numbers, right?

That's never shown up in any of the US states that "let the rider decide"
We never saw that in the Hurt report and we never se that in the real world either.

Worst yet, in states like Florida, who relaxed their laws if the rider could prove health insurance of $10,000. They fould that loophole let helmet usage drop some 95% because police simply couldn't check all the riders for insurance coverage. Accidents happened more often and when they did, it was with increased injury, and the hospitals and private insurers found that the $10,000 didn't even start to cover the costs.

Sorry, but I've been at this a long time and the illusion of helmets not saving lives is just "ass kicking fiction".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:23 am

Of course not getting in an accident is best, but IF I do, I'd like to be protected by leather and a full face helmet...

The leather will safe me from burnmarks and whatever shit you can get from falling or sliding on the street... I see people dressed in polyester ride a bike :roll:

If (when) you ride, make sure you wear protection ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:38 am

Riding with the intention of not getting into an accident only removes 50% of the problem. I've been stupid and caused my own accidents enough but I've also been rear ended and other such events that were definately outside of my control.
ATGATT: All The Gear, All The Time!
Get proper training and practice stopping in rain, in dirt or whatever.

Both sides would like to point fingers at those other guys for crashing all the time but the truth is we all make the same mistakes. Some one said that bikes get better and faster every year but people never do.

That's Deals gap and the fun starts at 3 sec.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 am

Loud pipes....save lives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:56 am

ziggy ziggy:
Loud pipes....save lives.

Damn straight..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:40 am

Try riding around with you're horn button taped down and tell me if you get the same reaction. Loud safe noise is loud safe noise, right?

If you're such a bad rider that you feel the need to warn people that you're comming, you shouldn't be on the road.

No luck finding that mythical place where taking those dangerous, heavy helmets off riders ever actually accounted for less accidents, huh? Go figure.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:39 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
SigPig SigPig:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
Choices are easy, ride a bike loose the turbine.
FINALLY!!

Now lets review the karpin again. A weapon is a weapon and not allowed in schools.

You know they don't even need to lose the turban. All they need is for one of them to design a helmet that fits over it. But they haven't been forced to until now.

Totally with you on the Karpin though.

Its a "kirpan" gents.

|
anal as always thanks

Colorado Avalanche
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:19 am

Let them wear the turbans! It's a little like adding some chlorine to the gene pool!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:25 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
SigPig SigPig:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
Choices are easy, ride a bike loose the turbine.
FINALLY!!

Now lets review the karpin again. A weapon is a weapon and not allowed in schools.

You know they don't even need to lose the turban. All they need is for one of them to design a helmet that fits over it. But they haven't been forced to until now.

Totally with you on the Karpin though.

Its a "kirpan" gents.

|
anal as always thanks

No, just correct. If you want to post an opinion on something, at least try to get the spelling nearly right. "Karpin" is way different than "Kirpan".

Using "karpin" just makes you look like you know sweet F.A about the subject matter.

The whole three weeks you have been here hardly gives you a right to call anybody 'anal', but I'll mark it down to childish exuberance.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:11 am

Brenda Brenda:
Of course not getting in an accident is best, but IF I do, I'd like to be protected by leather and a full face helmet...

The leather will safe me from burnmarks and whatever shit you can get from falling or sliding on the street... I see people dressed in polyester ride a bike :roll:

I know people who've spent more on their helmet and leathers than on their BIKE. You don't skimp on safety.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 am

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Brenda Brenda:

I know people who've spent more on their helmet and leathers than on their BIKE. You don't skimp on safety.

Correct, my racing leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, knee and elbow pads etc cost me over $3000.00. That was some 15 years ago. The race track scrutineers checked everything.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:19 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
Brenda Brenda:

Correct, my racing leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, knee and elbow pads etc cost me over $3000.00. That was some 15 years ago. The race track scrutineers checked everything.

Good, your life means more than your bike.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 San Jose Sharks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm

they should try some crash tests with crash test dummies wearing a turban riding a motorcycle. these laws are made for our protection. If he gets into an accident then we all have to pay for his treatment. He could end up a vegetable and our health care system will have to pay for his treatment for many years.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:59 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Riding with the intention of not getting into an accident only removes 50% of the problem. I've been stupid and caused my own accidents enough but I've also been rear ended and other such events that were definately outside of my control.
ATGATT: All The Gear, All The Time!
Get proper training and practice stopping in rain, in dirt or whatever.

Both sides would like to point fingers at those other guys for crashing all the time but the truth is we all make the same mistakes. Some one said that bikes get better and faster every year but people never do.

That's Deals gap and the fun starts at 3 sec.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s[/youtube]

Then the guy just drives away 8O too much..