CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:04 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, just a general question - it's Ok to break into someone's house when they aren't there and leave threatening notes, if it's Justin Trudeau's family?

No but if you don't even bother to lock your doors at night maybe you should take some criticism. She probably went out back to smoke a dube and forgot to lock them because she was buzzed. :P

One needs to look at the root cause. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:58 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Pretty stupid behaviour if you ask me.

Who doesn't lock their doors in a big city, even in Canada? 8O

If you don't want to lock the door, at least have an alarm system and set the perimeter alarm before you go to bed.

Probably got too high celebrating Marc Emery's release and just plain forgot to check the doors. :mrgreen:

Whatever the excuse, it's bordering on neglect if you ask me.

I always check my doors and windows before I head to bed. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really paranoid, I arm the perimeter alarm too.

I actually have a hard time believing that there's anyone out there today, at least anyone that doesn't have a couple of rottweilers patrolling the yard, that doesn't check and lock the doors at night. I'm 47 and my family did it even when I was a little kid.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:37 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, just a general question - it's Ok to break into someone's house when they aren't there and leave threatening notes, if it's Justin Trudeau's family?

Actually the perp didn't break in he just walked in but, you're right he had no business being in there no matter whether they forgot to lock the doors or not and what happened is a definite cause for concern.

But with that being said this sounds like some sick fuck who thought it'd be a good idea to teach the Dauphin a lesson about home security, so the suspects actually cover the gambit from one of his dope smoking followers to a fan of Maximum minimum sentences but, you can be sure whoever did this wasn't a real criminal because nothing was taken and nobody was hurt.

Or could it be one of the kids screwing around trying to scare mom into remembering to lock the doors?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanos Thanos:

I actually have a hard time believing that there's anyone out there today, at least anyone that doesn't have a couple of rottweilers patrolling the yard, that doesn't check and lock the doors at night. I'm 47 and my family did it even when I was a little kid.

Hell I grew up on a military base and we always locked our doors at night and when we weren't around. It's not a country thing to leave your doors unlocked either, and hasn't been for quite a few years......unless you have dogs

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

When friends of mine moved to a small village near Gaspé, they soon learned that nobody locked their doors. Took them a while, but finally they started doing the same... until she came out of the shower dressed in a towel to find her next door neighbour setting on her couch... then they went back to locking the door. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Talked to a cop at a party once a long time ago. He said that thieves are generally nervous about running into a person with a gun in the house. Running into an angry dog though scares the living shit out of them and almost all of them back off if they think there's a dog on the premises. Dogs- cute, happy, lethal. Is there anything they can't do?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:25 pm

jj2424 jj2424:
Read the comments at the bottom of the article :lol:

"Harper did it"

I have my old high school visual arts teacher as a facebook friend. He's kind of an old hippy. He posted that he thought the Conservatives were behind this. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen him post. I thought educators were supposed to be smarter than this?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:30 pm

jj2424 jj2424:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

No but if you don't even bother to lock your doors at night maybe you should take some criticism. She probably went out back to smoke a dube and forgot to lock them because she was buzzed. :P

One needs to look at the root cause. XD

Exactly! Just like when those sluts go out walking around looking all slutty in their slut clothes.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:35 pm

The best home security JT's connections could buy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:19 pm

I locked my doors cuz we're going to Newfoundland for 2 weeks, Then I had to go back in to get my jacket and found the pet sitter still had the only key from last time we went away in July.
city living - bleagh

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:15 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Actually the perp didn't break in he just walked in but, you're right he had no business being in there no matter whether they forgot to lock the doors or not and what happened is a definite cause for concern.

But with that being said this sounds like some sick fuck who thought it'd be a good idea to teach the Dauphin a lesson about home security, so the suspects actually cover the gambit from one of his dope smoking followers to a fan of Maximum minimum sentences but, you can be sure whoever did this wasn't a real criminal because nothing was taken and nobody was hurt.

Or could it be one of the kids screwing around trying to scare mom into remembering to lock the doors?

That's my thoughts too. It doesn't matter if I like their politics or recreational activities; no one deserves that kind of message being sent in their own home. We in Canada have kept politics and family separate for a long time, and families of politicians don't need to be treated like that.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

If you don't want to lock the door, at least have an alarm system and set the perimeter alarm before you go to bed.

Hey stay calm and remember he might one day be in charge of our national security!

Sleep well Canada

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

That's my thoughts too. It doesn't matter if I like their politics or recreational activities; no one deserves that kind of message being sent in their own home. We in Canada have kept politics and family separate for a long time, and families of politicians don't need to be treated like that.

6 butcher knives laid out in a row - that's a pretty concerning message.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:06 am

Benn Benn:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Hey stay calm and remember he might one day be in charge of our national security!

Sleep well Canada

Dat's not funny.

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:08 am

Thanos Thanos:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Whatever the excuse, it's bordering on neglect if you ask me.

I always check my doors and windows before I head to bed. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really paranoid, I arm the perimeter alarm too.

I have always locked my door and so did my family when I was growing up.

I spoke to a cop recently and he told me to always lock my doors - even in the daytime and even if you're home.

He told me that he investigates half a dozen car/home break-ins everyday (fortunately his patrol area is most of the north end, so it's not just my neighbourhood).

According to the EPS crime map, there usually isn't much in the way of violent crime in my area, but property crime is a much too common an occurrence for my liking.

http://crimemapping.edmontonpolice.ca/