canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:57 am

Title: Justin Trudeau speaks to president-elect Donald Trump, invites him to visit Canada | Globalnews.ca
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-11-10 04:49:38
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:58 am

Again, was smart for Trudeau to stay away from election rhetoric, as you never know who will win. Negotiations have just become exponentially tougher for us.

Unfortunately, the security apparatus in Canada have engaged in some underhanded tactics against American businesses, with a new U.S government that have many small government, constitutional loyalists. NAFTA and other relationships are going to be strained to say the least, not to mention the vast differences between our rejection of the Rule of Law compared to Americas embracing of it.

Sometimes I feel sorry for our PM, he has to govern so many self serving, ally back stabbing agencies and their ranks. They do more harm to Canada than they are worth and it will only get worse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:21 am

You really are all over the place. So CSIS, or whoever, is sending unionists into American corporations to undermine US-Canada relations for... for what? Especially when the unions and strikes in Canada get crushed pretty quickly?

Also deep belly horse laugh at "our rejection of the Rule of Law compared to America's embracing of it"; there's a massive threadon CKA on American cops murdering the shit out of innocent people, carrying out defacto state executions of mostly poor civilians, even ones who don't show a hint of resistance. Every day. Many states still let the cops straight up steal your shit so they can fund their hustle cartel.

They are sooo much better than Canada, totes. You are sitting in a dumpster, longing for the dumpster next to you.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:40 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
You really are all over the place. So CSIS, or whoever, is sending unionists into American corporations to undermine US-Canada relations for... for what? Especially when the unions and strikes in Canada get crushed pretty quickly?

Also deep belly horse laugh at "our rejection of the Rule of Law compared to America's embracing of it"; there's a massive threadon CKA on American cops murdering the shit out of innocent people, carrying out defacto state executions of mostly poor civilians, even ones who don't show a hint of resistance. Every day. Many states still let the cops straight up steal your shit so they can fund their hustle cartel.

They are sooo much better than Canada, totes. You are sitting in a dumpster, longing for the dumpster next to you.

Name me politicians who even mention the words "Charter of Rights and Freedoms" in Canada. On a daily basis the Americans tout their Constitution, in Canada we have had police chiefs, who later became federal politicians who openly wrote disdain for our Charter, If you did that in America regarding the Constitution you wouldn't be elected for local bingo duties. The "elites" in Canada, are the security apparatus, from the RCMP on down, there is no question.

Since the police in Canada do as they please I am left with little response. I will not resort to violence so I will simply speak the truth to those who actually care about justice and basic rule of law. Those of us who have been persecuted, harassed, threatened and had our careers, retirement and homes stolen aren't going to allow these same agencies to harm American corporations and investors.

It's referred to as mutually assured destruction. This is the very least Canada deserves for their abuses and lack of political will to hold agencies to account. At Principled citizens should exposing the truth to those nations who believe in stronger principles. In the last year and a half of following American media and politics closely, I have heard from those who stand for important virtues. It has encouraged me to stand for the same ideals.

If Ontario and Canada pay an economic price, so be it, maybe it will encourage strong, honest citizens to run for office and drive accountability where none currently exists. We shouldn't toss away our ideals on honest trade and justice simply because it is my country doing harm to another country. That would be the kind of hypocrisy that I couldn't accept.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:32 am

A lot of people hate the Charter because it was a product of Trudeau. Many users on this forum strongly dislike many parts of it.

And that's fine. I despise the notion of rights depending on a piece of paper written by governments I feel don't represent my interests or community. I think rights, if they exist as se inate human condition, have nothing to do with the Charter or Constitution. Indeed, I think these documents compell us to abandon many inate human rights.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with questioning authority in Canada. I think you're strongly confused about America though, with the world's largest prison population. They can talk talk talk about that constitution all day, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down the shootings and violence.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:48 am

This seems like an appropriate place to ponder whether or not Trump will reinstitute the tradition of a new President making Canada his first official international visit.

I doubt that he'll visit the UK any time soon due to the current government's open hostility to him...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/18/europe/uk ... trump-ban/

...and with that in mind PM May has a long road ahead of her to make amends to this new President who enters office with no reason to see the US/UK relationship as anything special at all.

Maybe that opens a door for Trudeau to cozy up? We'll see.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:09 am

It's in Trudeau's best interest to smile and nod his head in agreement a lot. If Keystone is approved then the need for Transmountain, Gateway, and Energy East dies right there. The constituencies in BC and Quebec would no longer be riled up and the protesting would die off altogether. Of course the trade-off is that no refineries or upgraders of any consequence will ever be built again in this country, and that includes any shipping terminals that might have been planned for Quebec. It reinforces the existing paradigm of Canada being a raw-resource exporter only. But whatever. It's just a consequence of a national attitude that pipelines and oil & gas are the evilest things EVER! so the buttercups will just have to suck up and absorb whatever economic loss results from their antipathy.

Last edited by Thanos on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:17 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Maybe that opens a door for Trudeau to cozy up? We'll see.

People will be shouting at PM selfie to disinfect himself after any meetings with Trump.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I doubt that he'll visit the UK any time soon due to the current government's open hostility to him...

This is AFTER the election..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... elect.html

$1:
Nicola Sturgeon has branded Donald Trump's views as 'deeply abhorrent' and vowed to ignore diplomatic protocol to keep speaking out.

The First Minister took the unusual step of endorsing Hillary Clinton during the Presidential campaign and today told MSPs of her horror at the result.

Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale said: 'Donald Trump's behaviour towards women sends a dangerous signal across the world.

'In January we will have a misogynist in the White House who has boasted about assaulting women and has used the most degrading language possible.

'And, of course, Donald Trump's tolerance is not just aimed at women - we all remember the sickening sight of him mocking a disabled journalist. We can't forget his plans to build a wall or ban people of one faith from entering America.'

In response, Ms Sturgeon highlighted strongly-worded tweets condemning Mr Trump sent by Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson.

'I'm not sure if anything I've said about Donald Trump even comes close to some of the tweets I was seeing earlier on from Ruth Davidson,' she said.

Those lefty whores are the worst kind of snide hags.

Leaders of all opposition parties in the UK have tweeted much worse, and still do.

Wanna get a taste of how much the left hates ?

Watch Question time on the BBC tonight.

I'll put up links if anyone wants.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 am

So, are guys on side with the likes of the Daily Stormer that everyone on the planet is now obligated to kiss your God-Emperor's ass?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Justin seems to be growing as a politician. He's finally figured out that Trump could be Canada's best friend or worst enemy and is obviously trying to head off any issues before they arise. Well that and the fact that he'd pretty much hitched his horse to the Hillary wagon which, as it turns out was a major miscalculation. ROTFL

That's good news now, if we could just get him to STFU and stop spending billions we don't have, I could almost grow to tolerate him. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Justin seems to be growing as a politician. He's finally figured out that Trump could be Canada's best friend or worst enemy and is obviously trying to head off any issues before they arise. Well that and the fact that he'd pretty much hitched his horse to the Hillary wagon which, as it turns out was a major miscalculation. ROTFL

That's good news now, if we could just get him to STFU and stop spending billions we don't have, I could almost grow to tolerate him. :wink:

I was going to say, his handling of the American election shows intelligence very unbecoming of him. Not picking sides during the campaign is the smartest thing he's done since taking office.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Yeah, L'il Potato isn't a bad guy and at least seems to be trying to do the wise thing in relation to Trump. He seems also to have at least some sense of awareness when it comes to dealing with the US. Beats what happened with Chretien deliberately alienating Dubya and Harper having an ice-cold relationship with Obama.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

That's good news now, if we could just get him to STFU and stop spending billions we don't have, I could almost gro

I was going to say, his handling of the American election shows intelligence very unbecoming of him. Not picking sides during the campaign is the smartest thing he's done since taking office.

Guys - this is standard practice during elections among countries that aren't enemies. Is this your first election? You guys keep acting like something unusual happened here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Beats what happened with Chretien deliberately alienating Dubya and Harper having an ice-cold relationship with Obama.

And yet in both examples of frosty relations, the leaders still gave congratulations to their counterpart after their respective Election Days and official public statement was always that they respect the other guy, look forward to working with them, bla bla bla. Nothing unusual to see here