Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:02 am

raydan raydan:

Oh, I forgot to say that his "supporters" can all go to hell.

You gonna greet me when I get there?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:13 pm

From the right to protect yourself side:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Here's another one, just so you can remember this side exists and has a supported opinion even if you don't like them personally:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:29 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Hopefully they follow this up on South Park with Kyle Broflovski having to shoot, in self-defense, some anti-vaxxers or President Garrison superfans who attack the school. :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:28 pm

It's only OK when the white guys are carrying the guns...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:38 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:51 pm

You know, I often look the things up that Pluggy's meme's claim, because they don't ring true. But today, I just don't feel like it. Especially for those last two, because I remember he posed for photos with a couple Proud Boys.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:00 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You know, I often look the things up that Pluggy's meme's claim, because they don't ring true. But today, I just don't feel like it. Especially for those last two, because I remember he posed for photos with a couple Proud Boys.

Let me ask you something: so what if he did? So what if he was a card carrying dues paying member of the KKK? So what if he was the grand fucking poobah, dragon, wizard, whatever the fuck they want to call themselves in those organizations? So what if he wore white sheets complete with stupid pointy hat? So what if he was carrying an AR-15 in one hand and a burning cross in the other? So what if he was carrying a sign that said: send all the ni***rs back to Africa?

Why do people on the left think that they have the right to assault and batter people that they disagree with? Why do people on the left think that they have the right to smash, burn, and destroy other peoples property whenever they damn well please? Why do people on the left think that they can steal and loot whenever they damn well please?

People on the left ask: "what was Rittenhouse doing there?" Its none of your damn business what he was doing there. Its a free country. He is free to go anywhere he damn well pleases. He does not owe you, me, or anyone else an explanation as to his comings and goings. We do not have pass laws in the U.S. We do not have internal border checkpoints. Anyone is free to go anywhere they damn well please. Remember a few years back when the right was having a gathering in Charlottesville VA? They had a permit to march. They had every legal right to be there. When a bunch of left wingers showed up to disrupt the rally, I do not recall a single lefty on this board asking about the lefties:" well what were they doing there? " I do not recall a single lefty on here calling the lefties that showed up in Charlottesville "troublemakers". Where were the claims from the left on this forum that the lefties who showed up in Charlottesville (and illegally shut down active streets ) were "looking for trouble?" Thousands of leftwing assholes illegally shut down streets, and bridges. They overturn vehicles. They loot and burn private and public property. One guy on the right shows up with a firearm, and he is somehow the "troublemaker". Well I call bullshit!!!

We have free speech here in the U.S. That includes speech that we disagree with. That includes speech that we find offensive. What we don't have the right to do is assault and batter people who's speech offends us. Some rightwing asshole in Charlottesville drives his car into a crowd of people that he disagrees with. He crossed the line, he went to jail. He was the one that STARTED the violence. In Kenosha some leftwing assholes attacked someone that they disagreed with. Two of them got killed, which is what they deserved. Any dumbass that assaults someone carrying an AR-15 deserves to die. Call it Darwin"s law. Especially the asshat that brought a skateboard to a gunfight. Anyone that stupid deserves to die before they can procreate. What a fucking idiot!!! The asshole that survived should have been the only one on trial in Kenosha. The people that initiate the violence are the ones that need to be held accountable, not the people displaying unpopular opinions. Don't start shit and there won't be any shit. The left had every right to show up and voice their opinion in Charlottesville (minus the illegally shutting down active streets), and Rittenhouse had every right to show up armed in Kenosha. No one had a right to drive a car into the crowd in Charlottesville, and no one had a right to attack Rittenhouse in Kenosha. People who cannot control their emotions and resort to assault and battery belong in a cage. My problem with you lefties is your hypocritical differences. You want the people who initiated the violence in Charlottesville prosecuted by the law, yet you want to make martyrs of the people who initiated the violence in Kenosha. Its bullshit!!! You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick a side already. Either we have a nation of laws or we don't. Either we respect the right of people that we disagree with to vice their opinion or we don't. Because if you are saying that its ok to go around attempting to murder people that we disagree with, than lets just get the civil war on with already. I really REALLY like my sides chances.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:07 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Memes are 95% wrong anyways, I know, I read that in a meme.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 pm

rickc rickc:
Why do people on the left think that they have the right to assault and batter people that they disagree with? Why do people on the left think that they have the right to smash, burn, and destroy other peoples property whenever they damn well please? Why do people on the left think that they can steal and loot whenever they damn well please?

That would have been a great argument to shoot up all those that stormed the capital... KILL THEM ALL, except that those people were Republicans and we ALL know how much they complained because some people got killed... I think I'm starting to get this now.

You can go to hell with the rest, Rick... I think I forgot about you last time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:26 pm

rickc rickc:

People on the left ask: "what was Rittenhouse doing there?" Its none of your damn business what he was doing there. Its a free country. He is free to go anywhere he damn well pleases. He does not owe you, me, or anyone else an explanation as to his comings and goings. We do not have pass laws in the U.S. We do not have internal border checkpoints. Anyone is free to go anywhere they damn well please.

This I agree with. In the absence of an official declaration of martial law with a curfew imposed & enforced Rittenhouse had the exact same right to be on the street as the asshats burning down police stations "in the name of THE PEOPLE!" did. If bloodshed erupted then the root cause goes back the hard leftists who rioted & destroyed to get their point across. The judge was right at the beginning of the trial - the ones who got shot weren't civil rights activists. They were arsonists, looters, and attackers. In other words they were criminals, even if they hadn't yet been apprehended and put on trial themselves.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:54 pm

rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Let me ask you something: so what if he did? So what if he was a card carrying dues paying member of the KKK? So what if he was the grand fucking poobah, dragon, wizard, whatever the fuck they want to call themselves in those organizations? So what if he wore white sheets complete with stupid pointy hat? So what if he was carrying an AR-15 in one hand and a burning cross in the other? So what if he was carrying a sign that said: send all the ni***rs back to Africa?

I don't care about him one way or the other. As always, I care about truth. And those last two statements are what I expect of people excusing bad behaviour. "Well, they didn't find any white supremacy on his phone!" Guess what, you won't find any on mine either. Not because I'm not a white supremacist, but because I don't do internet on my phone. The meme 'begs the question' that because it's not on his phone, then it doesn't apply to him. But somehow taking pics with Proud Boys in a bar (I looked it up) is not worth mentioning.

He's free to be a bigot if he wants, but posting excuses for his behaviour is divisive politics at best. It's affirmation of it, at worst.

rickc rickc:

Why do you always think people who disagree with you are politically the opposite of you? Why do you then assign them values opposite to you, and accuse them of violating those morals, when they haven't demonstrated any such behaviour? Seems to me the biggest riot, with looting and smashing and murder was perpetrated this past January by those mostly on the Right. :idea:

I have been to many protests. One time, someone brought a gun, because it was to protest the gun laws the federales were imposing on us. The gun was unloaded, the bolt was removed, the breach was wired, and it was wrapped in plastic. It is actually legal for us to carry a long gun in public, providing it is unloaded. But the police still confiscated it, in the public interest, and didn't charge the owner with anything. Because that was what he wanted, to challenge the legislation in the courts.

In all the other protests I have been to, no one has ever brought a weapon. I doubt anyone even thought to. We were there to protest, not cause mayhem. That is what political discourse looks like. As I wrote earlier, anyone bringing guns to a protest is looking to cause trouble.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:13 pm

Some of you seem OK with the whole "judge, jury and executioner" part. Even stranger is that you think that the protesters should not have been there protesting but that Rittenhouse's presence was justified. Must be a Right/Left issue... as I'm sure you all cheered when those damn protesting Righties died at the Capital. They should have all been shot, you know I'm right.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:27 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't care about him one way or the other. As always, I care about truth. And those last two statements are what I expect of people excusing bad behaviour. "Well, they didn't find any white supremacy on his phone!" Guess what, you won't find any on mine either. Not because I'm not a white supremacist, but because I don't do internet on my phone. The meme 'begs the question' that because it's not on his phone, then it doesn't apply to him. But somehow taking pics with Proud Boys in a bar (I looked it up) is not worth mentioning.

He's free to be a bigot if he wants, but posting excuses for his behaviour is divisive politics at best. It's affirmation of it, at worst.

rickc rickc:

Why do you always think people who disagree with you are politically the opposite of you? Why do you then assign them values opposite to you, and accuse them of violating those morals, when they haven't demonstrated any such behaviour? Seems to me the biggest riot, with looting and smashing and murder was perpetrated this past January by those mostly on the Right. :idea:

I have been to many protests. One time, someone brought a gun, because it was to protest the gun laws the federales were imposing on us. The gun was unloaded, the bolt was removed, the breach was wired, and it was wrapped in plastic. It is actually legal for us to carry a long gun in public, providing it is unloaded. But the police still confiscated it, in the public interest, and didn't charge the owner with anything. Because that was what he wanted, to challenge the legislation in the courts.

In all the other protests I have been to, no one has ever brought a weapon. I doubt anyone even thought to. We were there to protest, not cause mayhem. That is what political discourse looks like. As I wrote earlier, anyone bringing guns to a protest is looking to cause trouble.

R=UP