Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:20 pm

housewife housewife:
There’s some in her family that still won’t forgive her for that decision. Right or wrong it was hers and her husband’s decision.

As is any difficult medical decision. It is very personal and private and none of anyone's business to interfere with. As my grandmother always told me, even when I consulted with her when faced with a dilemma..., you have to do what YOU think is right for YOU.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:36 pm

housewife housewife:
That one is very good and very true. It’s not a right and wrong debate. There’s so many variables in the decision it’s a very hard decision that I’ve never had to make.

How many time have we seen trolls use 'I'm just asking questions' line in defense of blatant dog whistling? The Morgentaler decision is cemented into law at this point. What good comes from picking around the edges in a debate other then to give cover to the extremists? Our abortion laws are on VERY shaky grounds that depend upon a quorum of civility. If debate in bad faith is allowed to take the stage in the house of commons don't be surprised if abortion along with many other rights and freedoms get redacted.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 pm

It would be a very sad day if we fallow along with the insanity of the US. We can’t legislate fairness nor faith. There’s supposed to be a division between the government and religion. If that’s true then there’s no basis to look at this. Especially since sometimes it’s medically necessary. What anyone believes should dictate how they react not me. The whole thing just frustrates me there’s far more important things to worry about we don’t need to be worrying about what the neighbours are doing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:02 am

housewife housewife:
There’s supposed to be a division between the government and religion.

People just can't see why that is so important. It's basically impossible to be a politician in the US unless you show a preference for one religion, and that bias makes its way into the decision makers and what they do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:29 am

What little regard for Christendom was watered down by the seeing Trump go near or into a church or even holding a Bible, NOT struck down by lightning.
And all those calling Trudeau a hypocrite as he's Catholic for actually believing all my Catholic cousins were not on the pill back in the 1970s.
My ex had a couple abortions, single divorcee Mom back when birth control wasn't covered. I'd never have even considered dating her if she'd had three kids. Got ragged enough by the guys cuz she had one.
My Mom was pro-choice, she was a nurse who saw the results of self-induced and backstreet abortions in the 1950s and early 60s. Didn't "believe" in abortion, but believed if someone was gonna have one it should be safe.
I'm like Mom, stick by the policy if a woman doesn't believe in abortion, don't have one. If you're a man the only right owed is the freedom to disagree, not the right to decide.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:43 am

herbie herbie:
If you're a man the only right owed is the freedom to disagree, not the right to decide.

I agree with you, except on this. One little caveat - If you're a husband then you should have some say in the decision. Around 49% of it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:24 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:24 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzG1Va ... WL&index=5

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIIZKAj ... WL&index=4

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:57 pm

How the F&*K did Harris get a job??? Not just the VP, ANY JOB???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRyawj ... WL&index=3

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf9XE2p ... WL&index=5

The overton window has shifted so far it has shattered civil discourse.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M27dw0 ... WL&index=4

Liz is giving the hearing the thinnest of veneers of legitimacy. Her daddy is a brutal war criminal and she is dye-in the wool republican that totally signed off on that and SHE is to far to the left of the current psychotic GQP.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:
If you're a man the only right owed is the freedom to disagree, not the right to decide.

I agree with you, except on this. One little caveat - If you're a husband then you should have some say in the decision. Around 49% of it.

You're free to kick, whine and throw a tantrum as long as she gets 51%

Makes me think of my Mom again. I always told your Dad I voted Conservative like he said to. Hah hah hah.... and remember how she cheered when Tommy Douglas won our riding.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 pm

So why does no one care about the 9th amendment?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 17  Next