CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13900

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:44 am
 


llama66 wrote:
The 3 months is to allow any disease to manifest. It takes about that long for the infection to show. As I said earlier, when I got bit, I had to be monitored for 6 months.


Yes they should. It's not about being gay. These hacktivists are making it about being gay. If you shoot drugs, are a sex worker or engage in butt stuff you should be barred from donating blood for 3 to 6 months after your last thing.


Yeah but it’s not like they take blood from someone and immediately put it in someone else. Every unit of blood or blood product is tested multiple times after donation and before being released into the blood inventory


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am
 


But there is always that chance. This is why they make you wait.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13900

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:44 am
 


llama66 wrote:
But there is always that chance. This is why they make you wait.

Im just not sure asking donors if they have recently had butt sex and hoping they’re honest about it really adds to safety


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 am
 


Jesus, They don't care if you plough another man in the ass. They care if you plough another man in the ass and you now have HIV. They don't want to spread the HIV to others. Do you not understand this? Do I need to break out sock puppets to help you understand how BBP are spread? I'll give you a hint: BLOOD borne pathogens are spread through BLOOD.

For once look past your liberal bias and understand what the ramifications are if they used blood that was infected on someone who did not previously have HIV/AIDs or HEP. Canadian Blood Services would lose all credibility and they'd be sued.

The 3 months is called due diligence in legal terms.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32704
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:30 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
llama66 wrote:
But there is always that chance. This is why they make you wait.

Im just not sure asking donors if they have recently had butt sex and hoping they’re honest about it really adds to safety


Why would someone who takes the time and effort to donate their blood be dishonest, especially knowing the blood will still be tested anyway? [huh]

And they've changed the question so that people in a monogamous same sex relationship for 6 months are considered low risk.

When I used to donate, they'd designate my blood to be reserved for up to 10 infants. The feeling of them telling me that actually made me more likely to keep protecting my health to have better blood.

I almost had to give up 'hookers and blow' Thursdays.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23609
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Jesus, They don't care if you plough another man in the ass. They care if you plough another man in the ass and you now have HIV. They don't want to spread the HIV to others. Do you not understand this? Do I need to break out sock puppets to help you understand how BBP are spread? I'll give you a hint: BLOOD borne pathogens are spread through BLOOD.

For once look past your liberal bias and understand what the ramifications are if they used blood that was infected on someone who did not previously have HIV/AIDs or HEP. Canadian Blood Services would lose all credibility and they'd be sued.

The 3 months is called due diligence in legal terms.


I want to show you something, Llama.

You can't hear the message of Soph, the teenage prophetess of Generation Z anymore on YouTube. She's banned. But she'll explain the underlying, core problem at BitChute.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FNqiV8kL4cc/

Some are trained not to hear some truths. She'll show you how.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:31 am
 


I'm a fan of the truth, no matter how unpleasant. I'll give it a watch when I get home.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13415
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:35 am
 


Banning people for things like blood donation doesn't work unless you monitor them every minute of every day. All people have to do is lie on their forms and there's no way for the blood agency or anyone else to prove that they're a risk.

We're also counting on the fact that most people aren't ignorant enough to put other peoples lives in jeopardy because of their actions but, given the state of the world and some of the denizens who reside in it, trusting them to do the right thing is a pipe dream.

So banning all the gays because of the risk factor is fine in theory but in reality it never worked because some of them were probably still donating blood unbeknownst to anyone but themselves which means this whole outcry by the LGBTQ community might be nothing more than an exercise in media relations.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29197
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am
 


Like DrCaleb said, why lie when you take the time and effort to donate blood?


Logical in Canada, but not in the USA where they pay you to donate.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am
 


Of course it doesn't truly work. It them excising due diligence. It's the out so if they do give some tainted blood they have an out.

There is nothing to stopping you from saying you are totally living a risk free life.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32704
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:57 am
 


llama66 wrote:
There is nothing to stopping you from saying you are totally living a risk free life.


Quite so. But whatever you say, your blood will still be tested.

"Trust, but verify."


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 pm
 


Probably my favorite Stalin quote.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13415
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:29 pm
 


raydan wrote:
Like DrCaleb said, why lie when you take the time and effort to donate blood?


Logical in Canada, but not in the USA where they pay you to donate.


You have to much faith in humanity. :wink:
.
How about this scenario. You're gay, pissed off and HIV positive. What better way to get back at all the straights who've hurt you throughout your life than donating your blood? Don't believe it's possible, just read the news and see what people are doing to other people for far less things.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
raydan wrote:
Like DrCaleb said, why lie when you take the time and effort to donate blood?


Logical in Canada, but not in the USA where they pay you to donate.


You have to much faith in humanity. :wink:
.
How about this scenario. You're gay, pissed off and HIV positive. What better way to get back at all the straights who've hurt you throughout your life than donating your blood? Don't believe it's possible, just read the news and see what people are doing to other people for far less things.

Hell, you don't even have to be gay to pull that off. Just HIV+


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13900

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:06 pm
 


llama66 wrote:
Jesus, They don't care if you plough another man in the ass. They care if you plough another man in the ass and you now have HIV. They don't want to spread the HIV to others. Do you not understand this? Do I need to break out sock puppets to help you understand how BBP are spread? I'll give you a hint: BLOOD borne pathogens are spread through BLOOD.

For once look past your liberal bias and understand what the ramifications are if they used blood that was infected on someone who did not previously have HIV/AIDs or HEP. Canadian Blood Services would lose all credibility and they'd be sued.

The 3 months is called due diligence in legal terms.



I understand your point you don’t seem to understand mine. You think people who have butt sex should be banned because you think they’re a BBP risk. What I’m failing to get through to you is that the only way they’ll know who those people are is to ask them and hope they tell the truth. Do I need to get the so k puppets out for you?

Where are you getting the notion that there’s no 3 month waiting period or that I’m somehow against it? Did your sock puppet tell you that?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.