Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Martin15 wrote:
stratos wrote:
Next On CKA News Network Dr.Caleb a long time member is actually a Chinese plant. Stay tuned for further updates and more radical news from the Left and Right. :lol:

Naw, that's Bottlegga.

Caleb is an Al Gore clone 8O

:lol:

But that is exactly what he wants you to think. He is that good of a Chinese Plant that he got you to think that he is as Al Gore clone. :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:18 pm

That was uncalled for. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:19 pm

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:55 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
Yea, I'm not even going to answer yet another great leap in logic there. :roll:

Don't get me wrong i'm not accusing you of being in favour of allowing our current gov't to court or accept foreign intervention. I simply asked the question for clarification. I wanted to know going forward your feelings on the Canada Elections Act because it's likely to be broken again and this time by an identifiable foreign gov't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 pm

So is there any actual indication this was done by the liberal party?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Does anybody seriously believe Scheer would be any different or that the Chinese would notice him if he tried to do something? We don’t matter.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Sunnyways wrote:
Does anybody seriously believe Scheer would be any different or that the Chinese would notice him if he tried to do something? We don’t matter.

Sorry but Canada and Andrew Scheer do matter to the Chinese because Huawei and their ability to build and control a 5G Canadian network matters very much to to the Chinese Gov't.

So, since Scheer has publicly stated that he won't allow Huawei to be the builder of Canada's 5G network I wonder why they wouldn't want him to become PM and would rather back Trudeau even after the Meng Wanzhou debacle?

Besides the financial loss to one of China's state favorite corporations it'll stop any plans they had for, how do I put this delicately. Industrial and other forms of espionage.

Quote:
OTTAWA—A Conservative government under Andrew Scheer would ban Chinese telecom giant Huawei from participating in Canada’s next generation wireless networks, the Star has learned.

Scheer’s office confirmed Wednesday that the Conservatives would ban Huawei products from Canada’s 5G infrastructure if they form the government after this fall’s federal election.

“As Mr. Scheer has said in the past, he believes Huawei poses a threat to Canada’s national security,” said Brock Harrison, Scheer’s director of communications, in a written statement.

As prime minister, Scheer “would move to block Huawei from participating in Canada’s 5G networks,” Harrison wrote.

Scheer delivered a major foreign policy speech in Montreal Tuesday, during which he singled out the “rise of China” as one of the three largest threats he sees to Canada’s security and prosperity.

The Conservative leader also flagged cybersecurity as a key aspect of his thinking on foreign policy. Scheer said the future threats to Canada’s security are more likely to come through mobile devices than “land, sea or air.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... works.html

And for the record Scheer didn't come up with this threat level himself he had some expert advice.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politic ... e-through/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 am

what he said ^^^

It's the same discussion in the UK, the US is threatening to cut off '5 eyes'
to the Brits if they let the Chinese gov't do 5G.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:37 am

Quote:
The Conservative leader also flagged cybersecurity as a key aspect of his thinking on foreign policy. Scheer said the future threats to Canada’s security are more likely to come through mobile devices than “land, sea or air.”

He's absolutely right and I hope he's serious about that. And I hope someone actually grills him on what he intends to do about cyber security in Canada.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Yea, I'm not even going to answer yet another great leap in logic there. :roll:

Don't get me wrong i'm not accusing you of being in favour of allowing our current gov't to court or accept foreign intervention. I simply asked the question for clarification. I wanted to know going forward your feelings on the Canada Elections Act because it's likely to be broken again and this time by an identifiable foreign gov't.

And yet, by asking a loaded question in the form "when did you stop beating your wife?", that was exactly what you did. :idea:

If you want to know my feelings on a matter, ask. Don't imply.

And I worded my statement quite specifically. "So, in my thinking, if the Chinese government were to interfere in our election". I assume there will be interference. I assume Trudeau does as well, so he's targeted it so that China knows where their friends are and aren't that way they can direct the interference at getting the Liberals elected. A shrewd move; if you can't stop the interference, at least direct it at your opponent.

And I don't like interference in our elections. That's why I don't post in US election threads, or other provincial election threads until after the election. I don't want to give the impression I am interfering in their elections.