CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:55 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:
Besides, squawk all you want:
Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

Poll people about guns after a national tragedy, and you'll get that kind of reaction. What do you think the numbers would be if they knew none of the weapons used were legally obtained?

It's low of Trudeau to take advantage of the raw feelings to deprive people of their legally obtained property while doing nothing to fix the actual problem.

What's legally/illegally obtained got to do with it? Seems to be a favourite talking point. My buddy's got many guns, ONE will be illegal.
I have none at the moment. None of the several I ever owned would be illegal.
None of the guns banned are better for hunting or target shooting, people just want them. Suck it up Princesses.

As for your other points, obviously it wouldn't be 80% supported. I bet a week before the shootings it was only a supermajority would support it.
And there's no better time to act politically than when that many citizens agree.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 pm

What the fuck is an "assault style weapon"? This is very confusing because when the cops are issued similar weapons the media refers to them as "semi-automatic rifles". But when a civilian owns one it suddenly becomes a "military-style assault weapon".

I think the citizens attitude has a LOT to do with how the media and govts have utterly and continuously misrepresented what semi-automatic rifles are.
In a recent show of absolutely astounding ignorance, stupidity and pure ideology, the State of Arizona has declared the AR-15 to be a "machine gun". All garbage like that does is confuse those who know nothing about firearms while they push for bans of those firearms they know nothing about.

Fewer than 65 deaths. That is the absolute worst year on record in Canada for homicide by semi-automatic rifle. I say fewer than 65 because the stats from StatsCan don't differentiate between single shot rifles and semi-autos and 2017 saw 65 homicides by long gun.

Here's something else I found VERY interesting. If you look at the stats for homicide by type in Canada since the turn of the century, it would seem that murders in general go up when there's a Liberal govt and go down when there's a Conservative govt.

Up until 2007 homicides were generally sitting steady with with a slight upward trend. The LGR did nothing to change that. When the Conservatives came into power, homicides trended downwards even after they scrapped the LGR. There were a couple of hiccups but the trend was downwards. As soon as Trudeau was elected the number of homicides shot up and has continued along that trend.

It's an almost inescapable conclusion that Liberal govts spawn more homicides. Wanna reduce homicide numbers? Quit electing left-wing govts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:36 pm

Toss in left-wing local governments, especially in Toronto, as probably the major part of the problem when violence explodes. The Toronto city council specifically went after their own police department to put a stop to the profiling of suspects most likely to have already committed violence or were soon to commit violence. The police stopped the policy because they were being called racists (see the Toronto Pride parade being hijacked by Black Lives Matter until the police were kicked out of the event as participants) and violence in the city skyrocketed. Ditto too with police being prevented from aggressively confronting crime caused by drug addicts, with another explosion of violence happening shortly afterwards among that demographic.

Handcuff your own cops to prevent them from doing their job in order to fit your social agenda? Don't blame anyone else but yourself for the resulting crime wave that happens immediately after the scum find out that the police have basically been ordered to stand down. These kind of social liberals and their insane mentaliuty are about a million times more dangerous to other people's lives than any gun-toting farmer out in the countryside ever could be.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
What the fuck is an "assault style weapon"? This is very confusing because when the cops are issued similar weapons the media refers to them as "semi-automatic rifles". But when a civilian owns one it suddenly becomes a "military-style assault weapon".

I think the citizens attitude has a LOT to do with how the media and govts have utterly and continuously misrepresented what semi-automatic rifles are.
In a recent show of absolutely astounding ignorance, stupidity and pure ideology, the State of Arizona has declared the AR-15 to be a "machine gun". All garbage like that does is confuse those who know nothing about firearms while they push for bans of those firearms they know nothing about.

Fewer than 65 deaths. That is the absolute worst year on record in Canada for homicide by semi-automatic rifle. I say fewer than 65 because the stats from StatsCan don't differentiate between single shot rifles and semi-autos and 2017 saw 65 homicides by long gun.

Here's something else I found VERY interesting. If you look at the stats for homicide by type in Canada since the turn of the century, it would seem that murders in general go up when there's a Liberal govt and go down when there's a Conservative govt.

Up until 2007 homicides were generally sitting steady with with a slight upward trend. The LGR did nothing to change that. When the Conservatives came into power, homicides trended downwards even after they scrapped the LGR. There were a couple of hiccups but the trend was downwards. As soon as Trudeau was elected the number of homicides shot up and has continued along that trend.

It's an almost inescapable conclusion that Liberal govts spawn more homicides. Wanna reduce homicide numbers? Quit electing left-wing govts.

What is the confusion about “assault rifles?” Don’t they specifically name the banned firearms?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:10 pm

All I hear is a lot of wah wah nonsense and straw man arguments. Farmers and gun enthusiasts still have a wide variety of firearms available to them for their needs/hobbies.

Ending racial profiling street checks has nothing to do with this.

The weapons available to police officers has nothing to do with this.

Bother are Red Herring bullishit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:02 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

What is the confusion about “assault rifles?” Don’t they specifically name the banned firearms?
Yep, but not a single one of them is an "assault rifle".

To further add to the overall stupidity and confusion in the matter, the State of Arizona has reclassified the AR-15 to be a "machine gun".

But here's where it gets REALLY stupid. The Ruger Mini-14 ranch rifle is now verboten. But that's okay, despite ALL of the rifles that are now banned, I can still buy a .50 BMG. That's because this latest ban only seems to include rifle models that were used in a mass shooting. Think about that for a moment. The Ruger mini-14 is now banned because some muslim shot up a college back in the 80's but because there's been no mass shootings with a .50 BMG it's still perfectly legal to own one.

And again, all over fewer than 65 deaths a year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:49 am

$1:

i'm 100% an "under no pretext" kind of guy, but this line is kinda fucked

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:01 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

To further add to the overall stupidity and confusion in the matter, the State of Arizona has reclassified the AR-15 to be a "machine gun".

But here's where it gets REALLY stupid. The Ruger Mini-14 ranch rifle is now verboten. But that's okay, despite ALL of the rifles that are now banned, I can still buy a .50 BMG. That's because this latest ban only seems to include rifle models that were used in a mass shooting. Think about that for a moment. The Ruger mini-14 is now banned because some muslim shot up a college back in the 80's but because there's been no mass shootings with a .50 BMG it's still perfectly legal to own one.

More of your lies. . Marc Lapine was not Muslim.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:04 am

If street gangs in Canada are anything like their counterparts in the United States, then the weapons of choice will be handguns, not assault weapons, and the gun violence in Toronto will tick upwards. It should be worth noting that 760 people have been shot in Toronto in 2019 with 44 of them killed. Of course, those that live in the 416 are incredibly lazy in addition to being slow-witted so they will harassing law-abiding gun owners so they will stroke their own egos while people bleed out on the streets as the city becomes the new South Chicago or South Central LA.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:26 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

Why get hung up on the general term “assault rifle ?” Specific models of firearms are being banned, not a type.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:27 am

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:

If street gangs in Canada are anything like their counterparts in the United States, then the weapons of choice will be handguns, not assault weapons, and the gun violence in Toronto will tick upwards. It should be worth noting that 760 people have been shot in Toronto in 2019 with 44 of them killed. Of course, those that live in the 416 are incredibly lazy in addition to being slow-witted so they will harassing law-abiding gun owners so they will stroke their own egos while people bleed out on the streets as the city becomes the new South Chicago or South Central LA.

44 killed in one entire year...that’s an average weekend in the gun-loving USA.How you think this gun control will cause gun violence to go up is a mystery.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:36 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
All I hear is a lot of wah wah nonsense and straw man arguments. Farmers and gun enthusiasts still have a wide variety of firearms available to them for their needs/hobbies.

Ending racial profiling street checks has nothing to do with this.

The weapons available to police officers has nothing to do with this.

Bother are Red Herring bullishit.

No, they're all completely relevant to the anti-firearm liberals and leftists in this country consistently blaming someone else for the rises in violent crime that their own policies have created. Attacking your own police forces for the sake of "social justice" results in a rise in crime. Attacking collectors or rural people or hunters who use firearms does nothing at all to reduce crimes.

If the response to the Nova Scotia massacre had been the total ban on private citizens being able to acquire police uniforms or have replicas of police vehicles then you'd probably have total support. Instead your side once again go after one of your easiest targets to bash, and once again make the innocent into criminals simply for possessing a piece of equipment that liberals personally don't like. They're under no justification either to provide any sort of reason to you why they own it. It's none of your business for as long as they don't harm anyone else with it. That's what anti-gun liberals hate the most, that some simply won't tolerate the micromanagement of their own personal lives under the guise of "safety for all". Your city won't be made the slightest bit safer by these bans, you know it, but it doesn't matter because once again you've won another ideological victory and to hell with the actual real-world evidence that will show you nothing will change at all through your harassment of those who were of no harm at all to you or to anyone else.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:46 am

Thanos Thanos:
No, they're all completely relevant to the anti-firearm liberals and leftists in this country consistently blaming someone else for the rises in violent crime that their own policies have created. Attacking your own police forces for the sake of "social justice" results in a rise in crime. Attacking collectors or rural people or hunters who use firearms does nothing at all to reduce crimes.

If the response to the Nova Scotia massacre had been the total ban on private citizens being able to acquire police uniforms or have replicas of police vehicles then you'd probably have total support. Instead your side once again go after one of your easiest targets to bash, and once again make the innocent into criminals simply for possessing a piece of equipment that liberals personally don't like. They're under no justification either to provide any sort of reason to you why they own it. It's none of your business for as long as they don't harm anyone else with it. That's what anti-gun liberals hate the most, that some simply won't tolerate the micromanagement of their own personal lives under the guise of "safety for all". Your city won't be made the slightest bit safer by these bans, you know it, but it doesn't matter because once again you've won another ideological victory and to hell with the actual real-world evidence that will show you nothing will change at all through your harassment of those who were of no harm at all to you or to anyone else.

[B-o]

This was always about taking easiest route with symbolic action.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:57 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

More of your lies. . Marc Lapine was not Muslim.
Uh yes, Gamil Rodrigue Liass Gharb was a muslim.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:00 am

Gun grabbers gonna gun grab.

It might be incremental currently but the ultimate aim is always the same.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  Next