Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2010-04-20 07:35:56
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 am

Responsible gun owners don't kill police men or commit crime with them. Do they really think that some scum bag with a glock who plans on knocking off a 7/11 and maybe shooting his way out is worried about getting it registered?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 am

$1:
Liberals who voted for the bill in November weren't punished. But with his proposed reforms, Ignatieff said his caucus will be required to vote against the bill at its third and final reading, which is expected to take place in May.

THIS!!! This is what's fucking wrong with our system. Talk about ZERO representation. For a guy that was out of country for as long as he was, Iggy sure knows how to abuse the parliamentary system and learned to ignore the voters pretty damn quickly.
This is also the reason why I quickly correct people that confuse Canada for a democracy.
Yeah, I know, Iggy is far from being the only one to pull that shit, but it really makes me wonder why the fuck we even bother voting for MP's when they aren't allowed to represent their constituents. Tow the party line or else....fucking lovely :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 pm

$1:
However, the Canadian Police Association, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, and the Canadian Association of Police Boards all support the registry.

RCMP Deputy Commissioner Bill Sweeney has also spoken out in support of the registry.

"I believe that there's compelling evidence that the registry promotes officer and public safety," Sweeney told the Commons public safety committee in March.

Sounds like a good enough reason to keep it.

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
$1:
Liberals who voted for the bill in November weren't punished. But with his proposed reforms, Ignatieff said his caucus will be required to vote against the bill at its third and final reading, which is expected to take place in May.

THIS!!! This is what's fucking wrong with our system. Talk about ZERO representation. For a guy that was out of country for as long as he was, Iggy sure knows how to abuse the parliamentary system and learned to ignore the voters pretty damn quickly.
This is also the reason why I quickly correct people that confuse Canada for a democracy.
Yeah, I know, Iggy is far from being the only one to pull that shit, but it really makes me wonder why the fuck we even bother voting for MP's when they aren't allowed to represent their constituents. Tow the party line or else....fucking lovely :evil:

Parliamentary democracy and the republic from down south are very different types of democracy, but they are still democracy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:
However, the Canadian Police Association, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, and the Canadian Association of Police Boards all support the registry.

RCMP Deputy Commissioner Bill Sweeney has also spoken out in support of the registry.

"I believe that there's compelling evidence that the registry promotes officer and public safety," Sweeney told the Commons public safety committee in March.

You're not interested in asking about the fellow's "compelling evidence"? I know I am.

bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:

Parliamentary democracy and the republic from down south are very different types of democracy, but they are still democracy.

True. In Canada the Parliament votes to piss on your rights and that's about final. Down here we take it to court and overturn the Congress and whoever on their gun ban ideas. And to illustrate the point today a number of Americans strapped on their guns and protested to make it understood that they will have their rights one way or the other.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/owners ... story.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:25 pm

It's a shame Iggy won't allow a free vote. I guess I'll keep voting against the Liberals.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Gotta get keep an eye on those duck hunters, their fucking insane !!!

The gun registry is just another database added to a system that already had a effective databse in place. The gun registry came into effect due to Polytechnique massacre.

So it doesn't matter how many databases you have when it comes to nutjobs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Responsible gun owners don't kill police men or commit crime with them. Do they really think that some scum bag with a glock who plans on knocking off a 7/11 and maybe shooting his way out is worried about getting it registered?

http://www.gobles.ca/Glock08.html

Fairly well off scumbag if he can afford a Glock.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:

You're not interested in asking about the fellow's "compelling evidence"? I know I am.

No, not really. I don't have the same level of suspicion/paranoia of government officials many Americans seem to have.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
wrote:

True. In Canada the Parliament votes to piss on your rights and that's about final. Down here we take it to court and overturn the Congress and whoever on their gun ban ideas. And to illustrate the point today a number of Americans strapped on their guns and protested to make it understood that they will have their rights one way or the other.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/owners ... story.html

And that's one of the key differences between Canadians and Americans. You believe in that individual's rights trump everything, while our motto is peace, order, and good government. Unlike Americans, many of us believe that sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

http://www.gobles.ca/Glock08.html

Fairly well off scumbag if he can afford a Glock.

A Glock, I'm sure you can get one on the cheap at any local high school. (And we're talking about the long gun registry, not handguns)

The long gun registry was a joke from the beginning and is made all the more so every time the liberals try and keep it going. They just can't admit it was a poorly conceived idea that had no positive or productive side to it. Not to mention that it made all gun owners perceived as guilty until proven innocent.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:

No, not really. I don't have the same level of suspicion/paranoia of government officials many Americans seem to have.

We can only assume you have not been paying attention.

Billions in funding, to me, requires more than just someone's hunch of a favourable outcome.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am

Iggy, you ARE the weakest link!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 am

QBC QBC:
A Glock, I'm sure you can get one on the cheap at any local high school. (And we're talking about the long gun registry, not handguns)

Actually, I suspect that a Glock sold on the street is going to go for 2-3 times the shop rate.

QBC QBC:
The long gun registry was a joke from the beginning and is made all the more so every time the liberals try and keep it going. They just can't admit it was a poorly conceived idea that had no positive or productive side to it. Not to mention that it made all gun owners perceived as guilty until proven innocent.

Your opinion and you are entitled to it.

And just for your information, I didn't bring up Glocks. I was just commenting on how expensive they are. Way above my league.
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 am

And I suspect that all you anti-registry folks are expecting an overwhelming Harper/Conservative win in the next federal election. And funny thing about that is you will either be proved right or wrong. As the mass of Canadian voters rise up to show their disgust for the Liberals and their policies against sacking the registry. :roll:

Actually, Liberal lack of support here will just make people who wouldn't vote Liberal if Steve were caught in the act in a gay brothel say they won't vote liberal. Most Canadians don't give a rats ass about the gun registry and a significant number support it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Most Canadians don't give a rats ass about the gun registry and a significant number support it.

Don't you mean an insignificant number?