Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-08-08 11:50:38
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:58 am

So what's actually happening where the NDP are challenging reality with this economic suicide?

The CBC won't tell you, but Ezra will.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:43 pm

That first comment sums it up rather nicely, he only missed the tax payer funded
salary and pension she gets, so it's not like she has to work for any of her money.
$1:
Al Bertan

It must be Nice to sit in downtown Toronto surrounded by emission spewing vehicles fuelled by Saudi oil enjoying nuclear powered air conditioning and casually talking about throwing 10s of thousands of westerners out of work. Vote NDP if you want the country to split up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:07 pm

The biggest threat to national unity in this country will always be the contempt that the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal corridor has for the West. I have no idea why they think the way they do, or where the near open hatred they have for us comes from, but as a Canadian practically nothing else among all our various national pathologies makes me sadder than the Eastern attitude for the West. You'd think we were all bloody Nazis out here the way they talk and think about us. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:34 pm

I wouldn't know Thanos... coming from a softwood lumbertown that USED TO HAVE five mills running. They sold us out within weeks....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:44 pm

I would say the East's problem with the oilsands is the environmental impact. Harpers war on the environment and the perceived lack of concern in Alberta doesn't instil confidence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The biggest threat to national unity in this country will always be the contempt that the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal corridor has for the West. I have no idea why they think the way they do, or where the near open hatred they have for us comes from, but as a Canadian practically nothing else among all our various national pathologies makes me sadder than the Eastern attitude for the West. You'd think we were all bloody Nazis out here the way they talk and think about us. :|

That "threat" is a too way street.

There's an equal amount of contempt and frequent cases of "penis envy" when the West looks at Southern Ontario. That's showed itself numerous times here alone.

The way you guys talk about us is very narrow minded and frankly, naive.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:23 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I would say the East's problem with the oilsands is the environmental impact.

Oh please. They didn't have a friggin' problem with it until the CPC got in power. Until then the oil sands were the greatest thing for Canada since Montreal smoked meat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Mostly thats timing of oil sands development, which really didn't become a big deal until the second half of the first decade. It also coincides with increased awareness, for example An Inconvenient Truth came out the year Harper was first in elected.

Not that Harper and Levant's war on the environment helped at all and s IIRC the Alberta government was slow to get on board with environmental concerns.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:17 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Mostly thats timing of oil sands development, which really didn't become a big deal until the second half of the first decade. It also coincides with increased awareness, for example An Inconvenient Truth came out the year Harper was first in elected.

Not that Harper and Levant's war on the environment helped at all and s IIRC the Alberta government was slow to get on board with environmental concerns.

I guess ALL the leases I worked on didn't get the "fuck the environment" message. A common misconception by those who've never actually seen the job being done. I've seen farms that are far worse for the environment than most of my job sites.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanos Thanos:

I recall at 17 moving to Vancouver in 1973 and being pulled over by an RCMP officer on Marine Drive.
He told me I was in Canada now and to drive like a Canadian after handing me back my Quebec driver's licence.

The entire country is divided and seem to have contempt for one another.

My cousin made jokes in the nineties when I returned to Vancouver and told me to move back...lol..

Mostly I really think it's the west who has viewed Torontonians and Montrealers with this view. It could well be based in a misdirected and uncalled for sense of insecurity and inferiority .

I think the west is more apt to be concerned with labelling the East as the east labelling the west as anything more than a beautiful place to visit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I would asy the East's problems are that so many normal working people had to leave and get a job out West,
leaving behind all the basket weaving metrosexual LBGTLKJHUIOHIUHIUHILUHUIH hipster retards who go to Starbucks,
order a fake coffee with fake milk, then sit around and whine how their Art history degree didn't get them anywhere.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:30 am

martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I would asy the East's problems are that so many normal working people had to leave and get a job out West,
leaving behind all the basket weaving metrosexual LBGTLKJHUIOHIUHIUHILUHUIH hipster retards who go to Starbucks,
order a fake coffee with fake milk, then sit around and whine how their Art history degree didn't get them anywhere.

:mrgreen:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 am

martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Or they're writing shitty screen plays. :lol:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 86.23 KiB | Viewed 491 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:18 am

It's comments like this that will prevent an NDP breakthrough in Alberta in this election. They might get lucky and pick up an extra seat or two in urban ridings, but that's about it.

I think the Liberals will do better in Alberta simply because they gave better candidates.