Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2017-05-09 20:19:45
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah! No more crappy negative political ads on TV! Not to mention everyone taking down those annoying lawn signs hopefully tomorrow.

Polls are closed now. Waiting for numbers. I won't be surprised if some ridings too close to call and recounts to look forward to.

Edit - this news link is to the live blog on CTV.

The CTV site to see updated results
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm

It's a proper nail biter tonight.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm

What a choice, Christy Clark or the NDP.

No wonder so many people are voting Green, they have lost all hope. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am

That turned out to be 1 person in 6 voted Green... holy shit. And they hold the balance of power. You guys will have a new scapegoat, might start thinking of NDP as at least the devil you know!
And I'll never make fun of Alberta and their Conservative stubbornness again. My riding's never voted NDP and after 16 years of complete decline. job loss and depopulation they overwhelmingly voted the same bastard in again.
Look at the results on a map. The Interior overwhelmingly wants Christie to go from cheerleader to screaming fishwife on Trump!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am

herbie herbie:
That turned out to be 1 person in 6 voted Green... holy shit. And they hold the balance of power. You guys will have a new scapegoat, might start thinking of NDP as at least the devil you know!
And I'll never make fun of Alberta and their Conservative stubbornness again. My riding's never voted NDP and after 16 years of complete decline. job loss and depopulation they overwhelmingly voted the same bastard in again.
Look at the results on a map. The Interior overwhelmingly wants Christie to go from cheerleader to screaming fishwife on Trump!

my riding doesn't seem to have ever voted ndp either and obviously didn't this time either.

i didn't vote (lol). for one i worked all day yesterday. but even if i didn't, i'm having a hell of a time trying to get government id again. you become a fucking unperson by losing one piece of fucking plastic. no beers, no smokes, no t4s, no credit cards, no votes! can't even pick-up a package at the fucking canada post!

oh well.

just glad i don't have to listen to that awkward hit ad from the liberals again. first time i actually heard an ndp ad on the radio was probably on may 5th or so.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 am

Shit man you had 6 other days to vote, all you needed was the voter card, a hydro bill, phone bill, something with your name and address on it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 pm

herbie herbie:

Kind of surprising in a way the amount of support the Greens got this time. It seems to me though to be more a representation of those who didn't want to see Chrispy back in again but also were not confident with the NDP.

My riding and immediate surrounding ones all went Liberal yet again as they always do.

My vote meant nothing yet again but I did it anyway :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Well we've been represented by a 'ghost in the legislature' for 16 years and have become the basket case of BC. No shit, the big touted mine finally came and delivered a handful of jobs to replace the thousands lost in forestry. Meantime other mines in the riding closed and we're supposed to be thankful for the 6 stretches of passing lane built in that time.

No suprise at all aout the Greens. I have many friends and relatives down south and the ones well off and hardcore anti-NDP: everyone of their damn kids are Green supporters. One even ran municipally. Their motivation is high and you could see the FB posts about Greens outdoing the other parties. No one's gonna fool them with promises of jobs as coal miners or a short career laying pipe.

My morning FB post was that I was sitting by the door with my workboots and lunch bag waiting for someone to call with a job job job....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:38 pm

herbie herbie:
Shit man you had 6 other days to vote, all you needed was the voter card, a hydro bill, phone bill, something with your name and address on it.

it really wasn't high on my lists of things to give a shit about tbh.

looking at the results it wasn't even close.

also fuck them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:19 pm

It wasn't even close? Holy shit it was 42-42 most of the night and ended 43-41...
and the Commies could've doubled their popular vote if you showed up! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Strutz Strutz:
herbie herbie:

Kind of surprising in a way the amount of support the Greens got this time. It seems to me though to be more a representation of those who didn't want to see Chrispy back in again but also were not confident with the NDP.

My riding and immediate surrounding ones all went Liberal yet again as they always do.

My vote meant nothing yet again but I did it anyway :twisted:

That's me to a T. I usually vote NDP but Horgan sounded like he was promising the moon and ripping on Clark for a few things that are out of the provinces control (like health care spending to an extent, and the sudden softwood lumber tariff).

I can't stand Christy Clark but I generally don't think the Liberals are doing a shitty job (save for a few areas like Education policy and how they take every opportunity to shit on the teachers of this province).

So I voted Green and it wasn't even close to making a lick of difference in this lock of a Liberal riding.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:00 am

As usual I didn't even have to cast a vote as the NDP walked all over everyone else in New Westminster. I can't remember when they last lost an election in New West....