Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2009-04-15 07:09:59
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 am

So kill it already. But then you wouldn't be able to gripe about it anymore, so by all means, continue to stall, scuttle your own attempts, and otherwise simply fail to actually do anything. Except continue to bitch, of course.

PS: I'd make a comment about this being an opinion piece, but as you've left Lorne Gunter's name in the headline, I think that covers it. ;)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 am

always there to serve Hurley.

and what? only you can post opinion peaces ? do you have some copyrights to posting? regardless of what your moms says, you are not special.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:46 am

Actually he is referring to the complaints by several specific posters complaining when other people post op/ed pieces in the news section. Its also a forum rule that only news articles should be posted there with blogs and editorials needing s thread to be started.

They let the opinion pieces stay in the news section but generally they expect people to add the "-- Opinion" disclaimer kind like saying NSFW or spoilers ahead.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:51 am

DerbyX wrote:
Actually he is referring to the complaints by several specific posters complaining when other people post op/ed pieces in the news section. Its also a forum rule that only news articles should be posted there with blogs and editorials needing s thread to be started.

They let the opinion pieces stay in the news section but generally they expect people to add the "-- Opinion" disclaimer kind like saying NSFW or spoilers ahead.

This wasn't an opinion piece. It was a news article and was listed as such on the National Post site.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 am

SigPig wrote:
DerbyX wrote:

This wasn't an opinion piece. It was a news article and was listed as such on the National Post site.

Lorne Gunter = Opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 am

Uh, it was an opinion piece. Just being in a newspaper doesn't make it news. The people that complain about the lack of disclaimers don't care when its a liberal editorial printed in the Toronto Star.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 am

DerbyX wrote:
Uh, it was an opinion piece. Just being in a newspaper doesn't make it news. The people that complain about the lack of disclaimers don't care when its a liberal editorial printed in the Toronto Star.

This article was also put under the full comment blog section of the NP. They seem to like to blur the line...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 am

if the news media, and this website kept all their material limited to just the facts and nothing but the fact. The world would be a boring place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am

hurley_108 wrote:
So kill it already. But then you wouldn't be able to gripe about it anymore, so by all means, continue to stall, scuttle your own attempts, and otherwise simply fail to actually do anything.

Naw, because then they couldn't gripe about it. It gets far more votes than killing it would, After all, what's better than a big, bad Liberal program to point at every election?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am

bootlegga wrote:
hurley_108 wrote:
So kill it already. But then you wouldn't be able to gripe about it anymore, so by all means, continue to stall, scuttle your own attempts, and otherwise simply fail to actually do anything.

Naw, because then they couldn't gripe about it. It gets far more votes than killing it would, After all, what's better than a big, bad Liberal program to point at every election?

Precisely.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 am

hurley_108 wrote:
Lorne Gunter = Opinion.

I stand corrected. I just saw it under the news heading and assumed that it was a news article. Most papers do a better job of separating the two.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 am

A placebo? Wrong choice of words in my opinion. A placebo if nothing else provides the illusion of actually doing something beneficial.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 pm

snuggles61 wrote:
A placebo? Wrong choice of words in my opinion. A placebo if nothing else provides the illusion of actually doing something beneficial.

Yeah, this was a placebo for that loudmouth Cukier, it sure didnt do anything beneficial for anyone else illusory or otherwise. Just put more guns in criminals hands.

Last edited by djakeydd on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Funny how the taxpayers get stung for billions to placate the whims of some loudmouth bunch of social engineering schmucks. Thats democracy in action for ya :roll: I was phoned once years ago by some goof trying to raise funds for gun control. He gave me Cukiers home phone # (I'm a redneck from the west) so she was real happy to hear from me - we had a real nice chat but somehow I failed to convince the bitch the error of her ways. Oh well, better luck nex time. whats a newsbot anyways :?

Last edited by djakeydd on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.