Title: Lose your illusions. It's an ugly, dystopian world: Neil Macdonald
Category: Political
Posted By: llama66
Date: 2018-10-16 06:14:49
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:55 am

Edit: Odd, I know I posted something here.

It went like:

<3

I seem to like Neil Macdonald more these days than Norm Macdonald.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 am

Could’ve told you that 15 years ago Neil. Welcome to reality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:32 am

Never for a moment did I think the world was anything but dystopian. I just wish it was a dystopian cyberpunk world.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:19 am

"Yep, we're fucked" - W. Axl Rose

:|

It's enough to alter one's perspective, the more that this goes on. I wasn't kidding about the asteroid, not once. This planet, this species, absolutely fucking deserves it to happen. This is the height of our evolution. We aren't going any higher and we're not going to get any better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am

Hang on...

Did anybody read past the title?

I'll catch you up.

Basically Neil thinks it's still the end of the world because people still aren't what he calls "Progressive" enough.

And by that he means those damned Americans are still insisting on this "presumption of innocence" nonsense rather than switching over to the more "Progressive" maxim of 'believe all women all the time, no matter what (unless the allegations are against a "Progressive).'

To Neal an allegation of sexual abuse against a Republican, without any other evidence is what he calls "credibly accused."

As further evidence of the coming apocalypse due to the lack of "Progressivism" he informs us the Barbaric Saudis with their barbaric Wahhabism version of the ideology of the Warlord Mohammed are still barbaric.

Fair enough but then Neil whimpers that Trump is not laying out enough "Progressive" hate on the Saudis, specifically, after they've been alleged to have done some barbaric thing to some Saudi journalist who was working in America.

Apparently the fact: Trump vows 'severe punishment' if journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed by Saudis is not "Progressive" enough. So it's the end of the world.

What else is new Neal? We've been hearing this in different wrappers since we've been hearing from you.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:14 am

I mean kidnapping and torturing some poor bastard isn't really progressive. The Saudi's are barbaric. They're actually worse. They're fucking animals. They crucify, behead, and delimb people who have the audacity to speak out against their murderous regime. We're quick to forget Bin Laden, and most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi. Fuck Saudi Arabia. I hope the nation is cleansed in nuclear fire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:22 am

llama66 llama66:
I mean kidnapping and torturing some poor bastard isn't really progressive.

Nobody said it was.

Trump says their newest crime needs to be investigated and if shown to be true "Severe Punishment" will be dished out to them.

Apparently, that's what's not "Progressive" enough for Neal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am

Now tell me why "presumption of innocence" isn't a progressive principle.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 am

What "Severe Punishment" is, shall remain to be seen. I'm sure it'll be nothing. King Terror-Nuts and his merry band of Wahhabist terrorist ministers will get a free pass, after all he's an Autocratic Monarch with a horrifying human rights record. All things Trump looks for in a friend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:29 am

The only guarantee is that the devil's bargain the US made with the Saudis back in World War Two over forever-access to cheap petroleum will continue without interruption. If the Arabs killing 3000 people on American soil on Sept 11, 2001 wasn't enough to make the Americans change their minds about that deal then the dismemberment of a rando journalist by a Saudi hit-squad won't even make the US blink in disapproval.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Now tell me why "presumption of innocence" isn't a progressive principle.

It is for me. I didn't care about Brett Kavanaugh then, and I still don't; hence why I make no comment on him. The Saudis, however, the evidence is there you have the Turks saying this guy was taken and murdered, and I believe it. Saudi Arabia gives zero fucks about who they piss off.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:33 am

The Turks are shit too but when compared to the Saudis they're practically boy scouts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am

Thanos Thanos:
The Turks are shit too but when compared to the Saudis they're practically boy scouts.

Look close enough and all countries are shit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

Is Canada's awesome weapons deal with the Saudis still going ahead? I lost track of the feds bullshit routine about it around the same time the Arabs said they wanted to kill us all over an "offensive" tweet.