canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:40 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=12564" target="_blank">Major Canadian attack looms near Kandahar</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=13" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Alta_redneck" target="_blank">Alta_redneck</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2006-08-31 09:13:00
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:40 pm

"I can tell you right now that the only talking we're doing to the Taliban is, if they want to die, stay in Pashmul," Williams said. "If they don't want to die, to give up. That's about all the talking we're doing."

Well, gee. I guess that's the way we want all our kids to talk when they grow up, "Agree with me or die." Yeah! The great new Canuck attitude.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:10 pm

What's new about that attitude? We've always had it, with respect to our declared enemies.

Just ask the Germans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:27 pm

Bargaining from a position of weakness is called begging.
Hood hunting folks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:45 pm

Its called psychological warfare. It can be a good tactic most armies use it and we are no exception. We are there at the democratically elected government of Afghanistan’s invitation the Taliban are not. They are standing in the way of reconstruction, peace, and the Afghan people. If they want to fight and die that is their choice. If they actually cared about Afghanistan they would stand down and let their people govern their country.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:08 pm

You have not been here long ms. You have to understand that the only thing of any use that comes out of figgies mouth is CO2.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:13 pm

$1:
"I can tell you right now that the only talking we're doing to the Taliban is, if they want to die, stay in Pashmul," Williams said. "If they don't want to die, to give up. That's about all the talking we're doing."

Well, gee. I guess that's the way we want all our kids to talk when they grow up, "Agree with me or die." Yeah! The great new Canuck attitude.

Fuck you, you Terrorist loving piece of Shit. Put yourself in the line of fire, then speak up. You think the cocksuckers blowing themselves up and flying airplanes into buildings were open to discussion?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:07 pm

figfarmer figfarmer:

I'll tell you right now that the area that our countrymen are heading into is a strong hold and will always be a strong hold. It is symbolic to the Talib's. If you were to look at the Soviet Occupation of Afghanistan, you will find out that the Pashmul / Panjwaii / Zhari District is where the Mujhahadine broke the Soviet Army. This makes it extreamly symbolic to the Talib's who are a faction of the Mujhahadine. I have spent many a months in that area and many 155mm High Explosive rounds were fired on a great number of grape huts/drying huts. The area will be a hot bead. If we are going to break this insugency we will need to break it there. Once that area falls and becomes stable then the insurgency will have a tough time sprining up anywhere else in the Canadian Area of Respocibility.

To figfarmer

You need to open your eyes to what is happening in that area of the world. I happened to spent 7 months in Kandahar provence. I have been home for 5 days and I keep hearing people such as your self say these things and you really don't know what your talking about. If you wish to debate the reason that we are there then that is open, but debating the way we do our job is not open to debate. We have a job to do there and he is well within his rights to tell the Talib's where to go and how to get there. I lost 17 of my freinds over there and 10 of those in that area, so you have the right to keep saying the things that you say. That is your right but I payed for that. All that I ask is that you watch what you say and be knowledgeable enough to respond intelegently. If you cant then you can just shut the fuck up.

Last edited by Gunbunny on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:11 pm

Fig is an expert GB, he always comes back with "Well my brother-in-law told me...."

Fucking ass clown

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:14 pm

$1:

I know armed humans who's primary purpose through training is to destroy other humans is an abhorrent thought to you. But its a necessity in the world you and I live in unfortunately. I have come to accept that fact just by looking back at history, you on the other hand likely think all wars and armed conlfict could of always of been avoided, not all of them can be avoided.

The taliban do have an option here lay down there arms and surrender.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:44 pm

Bodah Bodah:
I have come to accept that fact just by looking back at history, you on the other hand likely think all wars and armed conlfict could of always of been avoided, not all of them can be avoided.

The taliban do have an option here lay down there arms and surrender.

Agreed, not all wars can be avoided. But this mess in Afghanistan sure could be. The Taliban government was wiped out. At that point we should have just up and left. Canada will fare no better than the Russians in Afghanistan or the Americans in Iraq. Most of the population isn't interested in having western culture instilled at the point of a gun.

Granted, being in Afghanistan is helping our military develop a little bit of muscle adn keeps the Americans happy and thus the borders open. But the democracy agenda is a joke.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:06 pm

When was the Taliban wiped out?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

The Taliban government in Afghanistan was wiped out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:14 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ridenrain ridenrain:

The Taliban government in Afghanistan was wiped out.

When? Getting them out of government is one thing but stopping their insurgency is quite another.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:24 pm

Penetrator:

If he wishes to argue the fact that I was there then he will loose. If he wishes to argue the fact that I got shot at and mortared and generaly had a decent time despit those facts then he will be wrong. I know this country and could take you on a tour of all the major battles that happened there in the last 30 years but I won't. There is no relitive that can tell you how it is over there, I have a fairly difficult time expressing the emotions and the memories of Kandahar as it is. The bottom line is that untill he bucks up, grows a set that takes him over there, to experience the people and the devistation first hand then he will always loose.

Zipperfish:

I agree that democracy at the end of the point of a gun doesn't work. I would also agree that 90% of sucessfull democracys have sprouted out of the people and not been forced upon the people. BUT where you and I disagree is that you think that we have specificaly gone to afghanistan to point the gun at the people, to have them fall into line. The specific "Job" of my Task Force was to Asist the ANA and ANP in creating a secure environment for the people and the government to prosper. Wheather or not the Afghan government swims or drownds horably is not for me to predict.

Gunbunny