canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Title: Man behind hundreds of Vancouver car-keying incidents to spend three months in jail
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-01-17 12:42:35
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm

�Given the seriousness of the charges, I think people will be relieved to see he won�t be out for a few months scratching cars.� Make that one month with good behavior.

Don't send him to jail at all. Slap the hefiest fine/resitution charge on him possible to be paid off over time. Miss a payment, go to jail for a day, miss a number of payments, go to jail for a year. But it's much cheaper to society to make him pay back the damages than having to give him free room and board in jail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:46 pm

andyt andyt:
�Given the seriousness of the charges, I think people will be relieved to see he won�t be out for a few months scratching cars.� Make that one month with good behavior.

Don't send him to jail at all. Slap the hefiest fine/resitution charge on him possible to be paid off over time. Miss a payment, go to jail for a day, miss a number of payments, go to jail for a year. But it's much cheaper to society to make him pay back the damages than having to give him free room and board in jail.

Hmm, strangely enough I could get behind a sentence like that but, the question would become where, in Canada could you find a Judge with enough common sense to pass something that logical. :roll:

My guess is that this guy will get nothing and the insurance companies ie: us will end up paying for his destructive penchant as per normal.

Remember Mr. Mah or whatever the guy who stole all the yard and garden stuff from his neighbourhood in Vancover and turned out to be a multi millionaire real estate mogul? He didn't have to pay restitution so I seriously doubt this guy will have to either. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 pm

For non-violent crimes, there should be much more emphasis on restitution rather than jail.

No, this guy won't have to pay, since sentence has been passed and no mention of it. He'll do his month in jail and that's it. Probably learn how to steal cars from the other skells there, and have a whole new flourishing career.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:48 pm

He gets a month timeout to think about what he's done, and those thoughts are probably all about keying the shit out of more cars.