canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:48 am

Title: Man robs Tim Hortons, jumps into ocean, hides under Canada Place pier, evades capture
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-06-28 00:34:30
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:48 am

I told you I'd get you back, you fukcers. Bwahahaha. Outsource my job, will ya.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:59 am

I guess the next merchant just has to look out for the wet bills, or a neighbour who overhears a hair dryer that is constantly running...

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 am

He picked the right day to take a header into Burrard Inlet, gotta give him credit for that.... [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:02 am

Apparently the inlet is a lot cleaner than it used to be. Divers report abundant sealife, orcas are seen more frequently in the inlet (presumably indicating seals which indicates fish), so that's a good news story.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:46 am

If you Google Burrard inlet you will see it is actually a great deal larger than most imagine. It can be divided into 3 separate bodies of water. The area between the 2 bridges, the Lions Gate and the Second Narrows AKA the Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Crossing, is considered to be a world class harbour. Beyond the Ironworkers bridge into Pt Moody is less industrialized but does contain numerous oil storage sites and the Burrard Thermal plant, a 900 megawatt conventional natural gas-fired generating station. To the north of Pt Moody are the communities of Belcarra (to the east) and the District of North Vancouver (to the west) to the north of these communities is Indian Arm, a fjord running some 12 miles into nothing but wilderness (and the Wigwam Inn, the home of the Royal Vancouver Yacht club). The north end is reachable by gravel road from Squamish, running behind the Britannia beach mine site. To give an idea of the wilderness of the area, just to the north and northeast is Garibaldi Provincial park and the area of the town of Whistler(and absolutely nothing else at all for miles and miles).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:44 pm

$1:
The north end is reachable by gravel road from Squamish, running behind the Britannia beach mine site.

One adventure I've never tried! Add to bucket list...

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 pm

If you get the chance try to do the trip in late summer/early autumn, Indian river has a great run of Pink salmon in odd numbered years, Chum every year and smaller runs of Chinook and Coho. The pools can actually look black from the number of fish holding in them. Also be advised there is a fairly good population of Black bears taking their share of the Salmon. And, I'm pretty sure there must also be the occasional Griz or four also taking advantage of this food source!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:07 pm

If you go partway up that road, and bushwhack you get to the Sky Pilot area. Beautiful heather and tarn terrain, with some exciting skiing off the notch of Sky Pilot. Never seen so many fat black bears in one area, (in the summer) had to watch not to step in their shit. Possibly they were still feeding off the Britannia dump.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:13 pm

raydan raydan:
Amount robbed... 200$

Amount spent so far to catch him... 8472$ :lol:

Sounds like the Senate spending inquiry...millions spent to recover thousands.