bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am

raydan raydan:
Hockey is probably the only North American professional sport where the league doesn't have a policy for hiring more women and minorities.

And your point is? What is the need for a 'policy' when the right person, with the best qualifications, skill and experience would be the natural hire? If that happens to be someone who can tick the 'diversity' box, fine and good.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:47 am

herbie herbie:
Sure let's get some Burmese or Sri Lankan players with 320 letters in their last name. Maybe a team with their #1 line A, B & C Singh (or Lee)... watch the announcers go nutz.

Well herbie, IMHO - if they have all the qualifications to fit the position then let them play. I don't give a damn what country they come from or what gender they have chosen, if they can play the game and contribute it's fine by me. Hiring simply to fill some 'diversity' quotient - no frickin' way.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am

Mowich Mowich:
herbie herbie:
Sure let's get some Burmese or Sri Lankan players with 320 letters in their last name. Maybe a team with their #1 line A, B & C Singh (or Lee)... watch the announcers go nutz.

Well herbie, IMHO - if they have all the qualifications to fit the position then let them play. I don't give a damn what country they come from or what gender they have chosen, if they can play the game and contribute it's fine by me. Hiring simply to fill some 'diversity' quotient - no frickin' way.

R=UP