canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:29 pm

I've been up island and ate pizza at a restaurant in parkland. Kinda surreal gotta admit with me and the fiancee. It was patio and half staff but the food was great just took a while. QR code on the table for a menu and all traffic was one way.

Since then got a tattoo and tomorrow will be going to the dentist for a standard cleaning. Whole bunch of disclaimers to fill out and phone interview for that. Ahh the new normal, such fun.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:24 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I'm not even bothering. Most restaurants have some kind of take out option which I take full advantage of now. On top of that, I'm not going to go out and add more stress to servers lives.

My wife cooks better than any restaurant.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Scape Scape:
Since then got a tattoo and tomorrow will be going to the dentist for a standard cleaning. Whole bunch of disclaimers to fill out and phone interview for that. Ahh the new normal, such fun.

I've had a few dental appointments on the past month as some issues have happened to me that I just won't get into here.

Temp check every time and having to initial a form 10x to affirm not knowingly being exposed to/having symptoms of COVID19 yada yada.

I actually need to book a surgery with the endodontist I saw a couple of weeks ago now that, through consultation with my new dentist, I have decided on one of the 2 options he proposed for an issue I have. I had a CT scan which was a weird experience in itself, never mind the extra precautions that were taken. I'm nervous about the surgery, though I know that they are very thorough and careful. It's just going to suck anyway.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Strutz Strutz:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
COVID is making a comeback in BC. R > 1. Restaurants, bars and parties seem to be the culprit in the latest flare-ups.

Which is why we have yet to go out to eat, even to our favourite pub, which we miss. We wanted to give it a few weeks to see how things went and things have gone the way I was afraid they would. :(

Take extra precautions. Use hand sanitizer. Wear masks until you sit down.

Just don't pick the virus up and put it in your mouth by accident, and things will be fine. :)

It's enough to face it working 5 days/week serving the public in retail. I hand wash and sanitize all freaking day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:35 am

xerxes xerxes:
I'm not even bothering. Most restaurants have some kind of take out option which I take full advantage of now. On top of that, I'm not going to go out and add more stress to servers lives.

My daughter is immune-compromised and even though it's probably safe to get food from a restaurant, my desire to see her live is stronger than my desire for a taco (which is pretty strong, let me tell you).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:

My daughter is immune-compromised and even though it's probably safe to get food from a restaurant, my desire to see her live is stronger than my desire for a taco (which is pretty strong, let me tell you).

God I'd kill for a burrito right now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:09 am

Tricks Tricks:
bootlegga bootlegga:
xerxes xerxes:

God I'd kill for a burrito right now.

[huh] They are pretty easy to make.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
COVID is making a comeback in BC. R > 1. Restaurants, bars and parties seem to be the culprit in the latest flare-ups.

And today Global BC is reporting that there was a huge gathering of people - from the photos the majority of them were the terminally stupid young - on Third beach yesterday. Few masks in sight, people spewing droplets whilst singing - also something Dr Bonnie Henry spoke against, and no social distancing. The total ignorance of the so-called 'woke' generation on display.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:15 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I've made them, but I'm a shit cook, I also don't have the stuff to make it right now, limiting grocery store trips still.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:20 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I've made them, but I'm a shit cook, I also don't have the stuff to make it right now, limiting grocery store trips still.

Agreed, I've also been making them at home, but it's not quite the same.

Still, even an average burrito is a great thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:22 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I used to be a shit cook too, till I got tired of take out all the time. Then I learnt. You will too. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I used to be a shit cook too, till I got tired of take out all the time. Then I learnt. You will too. :)

I don't eat takeout that much, especially right now, but it's more a lack of patience :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Found a great recipe for chicken taco soup. Fast and easy and tastes great.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25940360/chicken-taco-soup-recipe/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Back on topic (slightly).

If this dude can wear mask doing that, people can wear a mask when they go shopping.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Slipknot? They'll tell us what to do! :lol: