canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 am

Title: March to Unmask: Rallies decrying mandatory mask policies held across Canada | CTV News
Category: Health
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2020-07-21 07:37:21
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 am

May be time to shut the country back down. It seems too many of my fellow Canadians are too stupid to be trusted with eased restrictions.
More than 60 people infected from the Kelowna incident. A woman from Edmonton had symptoms, got tested, didn't have her results back yet but didn't want to miss a gathering in Kelowna.

That should be a lawsuit in my opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 am

Yeah, I agree. It's going to fucking suck. Hard. But, we as a species are too stupid to be trusted to act in our own best interest.

I have a good friend who want's to go on vacation in BC in August and wanted me to come along, I basically told him he was insane.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 am

I forget who wrote it, but I remember the razor: "The total intelligence of the population remains the same, even though the population is increasing."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:46 am

That's about it, isn't it?

Not one mask whiner has considered a face shield instead. And the usual 'asthma' song and dance - well, shit... the wife's got that. Uses an inhaler a couple times a month and no proof a mask triggers it. Most likely it would keep the pollen, dog dander and cat hair out and prevent attacks.
But common sense has disappeared, heard people claiming masks keep germs in and you could give yourself Covid..... like honest to God that would mean you already had it and the mask keeping it in is exactly what it's for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:49 am

I don't like my mask because all I smell is my Coffee breath at work (mints.. I need mints..) but I still wear the thing because I want to be considerate of others.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:08 am

Ever since I stopped using my old construction/painting masks and got some nice cloth ones, I have considered them a fashion item.

Plus, I like that I can wear a mask, every one thinks 'good!' and no one thinks I'm robbing the place.

Quick non-maths statistics from the weekend - in Costco only 4 people weren't wearing masks, where in Canadian Tire is was about 50%.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 am

$1:
People are getting dumber. That's not a judgment; it's a global fact. In a host of leading nations, IQ scores have started to decline.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i ... cna1008576

So, give it a few hundred years and if we as a species are still around i'm pretty sure the movie Idiocracy won't be a work of fiction but, a fact. ROTFL

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Robair Robair:
May be time to shut the country back down. It seems too many of my fellow Canadians are too stupid to be trusted with eased restrictions.
More than 60 people infected from the Kelowna incident. A woman from Edmonton had symptoms, got tested, didn't have her results back yet but didn't want to miss a gathering in Kelowna.

That should be a lawsuit in my opinion.

100% in agreement with all the above.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm

herbie herbie:
That's about it, isn't it?

Not one mask whiner has considered a face shield instead. And the usual 'asthma' song and dance - well, shit... the wife's got that. Uses an inhaler a couple times a month and no proof a mask triggers it. Most likely it would keep the pollen, dog dander and cat hair out and prevent attacks.
But common sense has disappeared, heard people claiming masks keep germs in and you could give yourself Covid..... like honest to God that would mean you already had it and the mask keeping it in is exactly what it's for.

R=UP R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 pm

COVID is making a comeback in BC. R > 1. Restaurants, bars and parties seem to be the culprit in the latest flare-ups.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:37 pm

I am sanguine with their efforts to assert their right of self determination. As long as they realize that with the right come the responsibility to other citizens in a time of pandemic. As long as they are not telling others what they can do I see no harm in this but they should not expect service from the commons as a result.

You go into a restaurant without a mask and get shocked to be shown the door, too bad sunshine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
COVID is making a comeback in BC. R > 1. Restaurants, bars and parties seem to be the culprit in the latest flare-ups.

Which is why we have yet to go out to eat, even to our favourite pub, which we miss. We wanted to give it a few weeks to see how things went and things have gone the way I was afraid they would. :(

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Which is why we have yet to go out to eat, even to our favourite pub, which we miss. We wanted to give it a few weeks to see how things went and things have gone the way I was afraid they would. :(

Take extra precautions. Use hand sanitizer. Wear masks until you sit down.

Just don't pick the virus up and put it in your mouth by accident, and things will be fine. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm not even bothering. Most restaurants have some kind of take out option which I take full advantage of now. On top of that, I'm not going to go out and add more stress to servers lives.