Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
The UK's Daily Mail says this:

$1:
Witnesses also described seeing several people on the ground inside Mezes Restaurant, although it was unclear if they were hiding or injured.

Not sure if that means Mezes was the target but I googled it and it seems to be a Greek restaurant. Which would make sense because apparently they call the area "Greek town."

Yeah Danforth and Logan is the old “Greektown”with many Greek restaurants, and shops, Greek Orthodox Churches etc. But it’s also just a popular shopping and dining area and more touristy, not so Greek anymore in terms of inhabitants or new businesses. wouldn’t put too much weight on Greek being a factor.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 am

From the video of the guy he seemed dark haired and wearing black clothing.

It's probably safe to say he's not Hawaiian. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:22 am

martin14 martin14:
Tricks Tricks:
martin14 martin14:

24 hours have passed.

They knew who this guy was 5 mins after he died.

Oh you're not saying the name is Coulter. That's how I interpreted that. My bad.

Oh, sorry

I was referring to Coulter's Law.

Coulter's law dictates that the longer that it takes the media to identify the shooter
the less likely he is white and Christian.

And it’s total horse shit. There is no relationship between the amount of time it takes to release a perps name and their race/religion. Sometimes a perps name is released right away, sometimes it isn’t. For any number of reasons.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:24 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
And it’s total horse shit. There is no relationship between the amount of time it takes to release a perps name and their race/religion. Sometimes a perps name is released right away, sometimes it isn’t. For any number of reasons.

Up until about a year ago Coulter had a point and there were several anecdotal incidents to support her view.

Now it seems the police routinely hold back on the ID of the shooter until they can secure his social media, cloud files, home computer, and etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Hawaiians have dark hair I have it on good authority they also sometimes wear black.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:28 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Up until about a year ago Coulter had a point and there were several anecdotal incidents to support her view.

Now it seems the police routinely hold back on the ID of the shooter until they can secure his social media, cloud files, home computer, and etc.

I beg you guys, can we please leave any and all references to anything about America/American news people, American culture out of this post?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am

Coach85 Coach85:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I beg you guys, can we please leave any and all references to anything about America/American news people, American culture out of this post?

I was more or less agreeing with BF.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Yeah, in Canada we just sweep this under the carpet and pretend nothing is wrong.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

$1:
Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders updates media: 18yr old female and 10yr old girl are deceased. Their names will not be released at this time. Person responsible for Danforth shooting has died. Special Investigations Unit handling that aspect of the investigation #GO1341286 ^sm

— Toronto Police (@TorontoPolice) July 23, 2018

As I noted on Twitter, the authorities have released the killer’s age, yet haven’t yet released his name:

“If they know the murderous shooter was 29-years-old, how has the name not been released?”

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/07 ... old-woman/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

YEs we need some America free threads!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 pm

I respect the Canadian police and media for not releasing information prematurely. It massively cuts down on the amount of irresponsible and downright dangerous speculation. And it successfully derails the ability of the nutters to peddle their conspiracies or start their ignorant memes, all of which they refuse to backtrack on when the official information is made public and runs entirely opposite to the fake narrative they try to create. Good on us for being much more responsible in this manner, for not deliberately making bad situations worse just to appease the cranks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I respect the Canadian police and media for not releasing information prematurely. It massively cuts down on the amount of irresponsible and downright dangerous speculation. And it successfully derails the ability of the nutters to peddle their conspiracies or start their ignorant memes, all of which they refuse to backtrack on when the official information is made public and runs entirely opposite to the fake narrative they try to create. Good on us for being much more responsible in this manner, for not deliberately making bad situations worse just to appease the cranks.

There are some people who will always refuse to name the shooter, even after it's released. They don't want to give notoriety to the piece of shit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Thanos Thanos:

There are some people who will always refuse to name the shooter, even after it's released. They don't want to give notoriety to the piece of shit.

And I applaud those people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Maybe, he's a Kenyan.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
YEs we need some America free threads!

Maybe you'd prefer an English thread.

$1:
So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
Go to the show.

To feel that warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow.
I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you fans* really stand.

Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
Get them up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks 'Merican!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 22  Next