Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:22 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
martin14 martin14:
Coulter's law dictates that the longer that it takes the media to identify the shooter
the less likely he is white and Christian.

And it’s total horse shit.

:wink:

It is total horse shit. The name was released when it was available and it was not even delayed the name was released before people got home from work yesterday. I mean what would be the point of delaying it only a few hours anyway? The whole premise of the Coulters Law claim makes no sense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:23 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Coach85 Coach85:
Coach85 Coach85:
Gunman identified as Faisal Hussain

The family has released a statement about his mental illness.

Odd that they'd be allowed to speak to the media when the investigation is ongoing and they're material witnesses (at least) right now.

No it’s not. That’s not a thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Yeah Danforth and Logan is the old “Greektown”with many Greek restaurants, and shops, Greek Orthodox Churches etc. But it’s also just a popular shopping and dining area and more touristy, not so Greek anymore in terms of inhabitants or new businesses. wouldn’t put too much weight on Greek being a factor.

So in other words full of white people and hipsters.

Interesting that a guy from Thorncliffe, which is 80% Muslim, would
pick such an area.

If it was just mental illness, wouldn't it just be easier to shoot up his own neighborhood ?
Or his own mosque ?

Maybe something else at play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 am

stratos stratos:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Sure like to know from what American town his weapons came from.

Could be a Fast and Furious gun.

Whatever it is, it almost certainly entered this country from the self-destructive USA.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:14 am

stratos stratos:
Sure like to know from what American town his weapons came from.

Could be a Fast and Furious gun.

Whatever it is, it almost certainly entered this country from the self-destructive USA.

Jihad against the west is not limited to countries that are not Canada. It's high time Canada woke up to the realization that there are people who can't stand our way of life, and not calling it what it is, both lulls us into that sense of 'it can't happen here' and shows just how little the government thinks of us.

Its time to start calling an act of terrorism, an act of terrorism.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:48 am

llama66 llama66:

Except that this appears to be a random act of violence. There does not appear to be political motivation behind it, therefore does not fit the definition of 'terrorism'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Except that this appears to be a random act of violence. There does not appear to be political motivation behind it, therefore does not fit the definition of 'terrorism'.

The classical form of Terrorism was to "cause terror in the populace". Its nice that we can now decide what is and what's not terrorism based on whether it's politically convenient for the current regime.

Lets look at what we know,

We have a male that attacked citizen's, we know from CSIS that said male lived in Afghanistan and Pakistan, both known terrorist breeding grounds,

The male then fired into crowded restaurants with impunity targeting people at random. All this done on a city on the edge, still reeling from a "non-terrorist" van attack and ramming threat against an unspecified target in Toronto.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck....

I'd like to think everyone likes Canada too, but that's simply not the case. There are those who hate us simply because we are free. Its time to wake up from the dream and confront the reality that we are in a very different world than we imagined.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:31 am

llama66 llama66:
The classical form of Terrorism was to "cause terror in the populace". Its nice that we can now decide what is and what's not terrorism based on whether it's politically convenient for the current regime.

You are forgetting the part of the definition that differentiates if from other forms of violence - "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

"Political aims". That's what's missing. It may be found in the future, but right now we have no political aims. Until then, it's not the classical definition of 'terrorism'.

llama66 llama66:
Lets look at what we know,

We have a male that attacked citizen's, we know from CSIS that said male lived in Afghanistan and Pakistan, both known terrorist breeding grounds,

The male then fired into crowded restaurants with impunity targeting people at random. All this done on a city on the edge, still reeling from a "non-terrorist" van attack and ramming threat against an unspecified target in Toronto.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck....

You are assuming from his past that he is a terrorist. That is by definition prejudiced. I'm not ruling it out, I'm just saying that there is no evidence, other than I have known many people from Pakistan who are not terrorists. In the past, the attacks that have been deemed 'terrorism' on Canadian soil have been committed by people born here.

So until we know that it is defintely 'terror', it's not walking or talking like a duck. Right now, it just looks like random violence.

llama66 llama66:
I'd like to think everyone likes Canada too, but that's simply not the case. There are those who hate us simply because we are free. Its time to wake up from the dream and confront the reality that we are in a very different world than we imagined.

I don't disagree with you. But I see nothing that says this guy was like that. Right now it looks like he didn't possess the ability to differentiate 'right' from 'wrong'. The definition of 'mental illness'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 am

Which is very convenient, its like the Attack on Parliament, The Edmonton Attack, the van attack, Aaron Driver, and the attacks on the Canadian Soldiers in 2014.

Isn't anyone who listens to an imaginary voice in their head telling them to kill "mentally ill"? By this logic, 9/11 was an act of mental illness. Most who kill can differentiate between right and wrong.

I don't think calling it terrorism is going to spark a culling of the Muslim's in Canada. But I do think it'll alert us to the threat that is lurking on our door step. I'm not calling for travel bans or curbing the rights of citizens, but we need to be aware.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:20 am

llama66 llama66:
Which is very convenient, its like the Attack on Parliament, The Edmonton Attack, the van attack, Aaron Driver, and the attacks on the Canadian Soldiers in 2014.

Isn't anyone who listens to an imaginary voice in their head telling them to kill "mentally ill"? By this logic, 9/11 was an act of mental illness. Most who kill can differentiate between right and wrong.

Only if you assume that radicals are mentally ill. They might be. I tend to think they know exactly what they are doing. Which of course, is worse.

llama66 llama66:
I don't think calling it terrorism is going to spark a culling of the Muslim's in Canada. But I do think it'll alert us to the threat that is lurking on our door step. I'm not calling for travel bans or curbing the rights of citizens, but we need to be aware.

I'm all about the facts. Right now, we don't have the evidence to call this terrorism. But what we do have is yet another case of mental illness causing murder.

Why are we not having that conversation?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 am

llama66 llama66:

What would it actually change? What difference do you see it making?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

If it was truly random then why didn't Hussein shoot up his 80% Muslim neighborhood instead of going across town to where there was less chance of his accidentally killing another Muslim?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

If it was truly random then why didn't Hussein shoot up his 80% Muslim neighborhood instead of going across town to where there was less chance of his accidentally killing another Muslim?

Because he didn't want to kill people he knew? Potentially a friend?

Seriously guys, Occam's razor is a thing for a reason.

I'm with Doc, if the RCMP come out and say he was radicalizing and connected to terrorist groups, call it terrorism. If not, bleeting about terrorism for the next two weeks won't address the actual issue of mental health treatment in this country (and I'd argue the entire western world) is something that needs to be improved.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:41 am

Tricks Tricks:

Seriously guys, Occam's razor is a thing for a reason.

I'm with Doc, if the RCMP come out and say he was radicalizing and connected to terrorist groups, call it terrorism. If not, bleeting about terrorism for the next two weeks won't address the actual issue of mental health treatment in this country (and I'd argue the entire western world) is something that needs to be improved.

If there's any connection between this puke and a Canadian terror cell you'll never know about it because the die has been cast on the Official Narrative and any new facts that might accidentally surface will be immediately suppressed.

Seriously, you people just blindly accepted one of the biggest lies ever.

Do you REALLY think that you just had a mass shooting and that your RCMP is so fucking magnificent that they've wrapped up a 100% thorough investigation of the shooter, his history, his travels, his companions, his family, his computer history, and all of the forensic evidence in less than 24 hours?

RCMP RCMP:
It was mental illness and not Islamic terrorism! Case closed! Nothing to see here, people! Move along and ignore this subject or else we'll come after you for not supporting our official narrative which we probably cooked up before the first corpse got cold.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:51 am

Tricks Tricks:

That would not be an act of a mentally stable person.

$1:
the actual issue of mental health treatment in this country (and I'd argue the entire western world) is something that needs to be improved.

Yeah, because putting 40% of the people on drugs is the perfect answer.

You know, if Muslims would just.. jump in front of the subway or the trains,
like mentally ill white people do to commit suicide, there may be a point.

But they don't.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Seriously, you people just blindly accepted one of the biggest lies ever.

They are also happy to give PM Gropey a free pass, while going
completely ballistic over someone else.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 22  Next