Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:
Its time to start calling an act of terrorism, an act of terrorism.

Except that this appears to be a random act of violence. There does not appear to be political motivation behind it, therefore does not fit the definition of 'terrorism'.

Maybe, but we don't know yet how the attacker saw himself in this. Arguably, every terrorist is "mentally ill". Even if he was deranged, if he claims that he is on some kind of avenging jihad, that means that he was inspired by (perhaps abetted by) radicals who exploited his sickness. We don't know enough yet and may never know the truth because if the authorities release informtion that he was in contact with radicals, the terrorists win a victory of sorts. Also, the authorities will take all the time that they want to hunt down any possible cells and that might take a year or two.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 am

Mental illness while possible is too convenient. If you don't think its a bit convenient, i dunno what to tell you. As I said earlier, its been the "commonly accepted" explanation for almost every terror incident since 2014.
From the attacks on the soldiers, to the attack on parliament to the van attack earlier this year. All these people, mentally ill, attacking people and institutions. That's a really convenient explanation.

What did ole Adolf say? "the people will more easily believe a big lie, than a small lie".

As for what would labeling this a terror attack, what would it change? Maybe nothing. Maybe everything.

I think the question not being asked is, where did an allegedly mentally ill man get a gun from in a nation that requires you to have a restricted gun licence to possess such a weapon. I'm sure he didn't pop down to Cabella's or Bass Pro and pick one up. Was the gun stolen? Was it obtained legally? Did he get it in a kinder egg? or was it provided by some 3rd party that wishes ill on Canada? Clearly there is more to this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:
Because he didn't want to kill people he knew? Potentially a friend?

Seriously guys, Occam's razor is a thing for a reason.

I'm with Doc, if the RCMP come out and say he was radicalizing and connected to terrorist groups, call it terrorism. If not, bleeting about terrorism for the next two weeks won't address the actual issue of mental health treatment in this country (and I'd argue the entire western world) is something that needs to be improved.

If there's any connection between this puke and a Canadian terror cell you'll never know about it because the die has been cast on the Official Narrative and any new facts that might accidentally surface will be immediately suppressed.

Seriously, you people just blindly accepted one of the biggest lies ever.

Speaking of Occam's Razor, which is more likely - that a mentally ill guy decided to kill people randomly, or a secret society of religious killers is being kept quiet by the RCMP (with no evidence shown or needed)?

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Do you REALLY think that you just had a mass shooting and that your RCMP is so fucking magnificent that they've wrapped up a 100% thorough investigation of the shooter, his history, his travels, his companions, his family, his computer history, and all of the forensic evidence in less than 24 hours?

RCMP RCMP:
It was mental illness and not Islamic terrorism! Case closed! Nothing to see here, people! Move along and ignore this subject or else we'll come after you for not supporting our official narrative which we probably cooked up before the first corpse got cold.

No, but talking to the people who new him likely gave them avenues to explore.

'Like 2 different people': Friend of Faisal Hussain struggles to understand what sparked Danforth rampage

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:20 am

"Official Narrative" my friend.

Even if this guy was Osama bin Laden's BFF you'll never hear about it because your government already decided what to tell you.

They wrapped this up IMPOSSIBLY fast and that's all I see here. Any conclusions flowing from a bullshit conclusion to a less-than day old homicide investigation is purely bullshit.

It just can't happen that fast except on TV.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
"Official Narrative" my friend.

Even if this guy was Osama bin Laden's BFF you'll never hear about it because your government already decided what to tell you.

They wrapped this up IMPOSSIBLY fast and that's all I see here. Any conclusions flowing from a bullshit conclusion to a less-than day old homicide investigation is purely bullshit.

It just can't happen that fast except on TV.

Well it’s not wrapped up at all. The investigation is ongoing. So fallacy 1

Nor is it “impossibly fast” to report the guy has a history of mental illness.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Speaking of Occam's Razor, which is more likely - that a mentally ill guy decided to kill people randomly, or a secret society of religious killers is being kept quiet by the RCMP (with no evidence shown or needed)?

I don't think anyone has alluded to a secret Illuminati like order of assassins striking from the shadows, but I think considering what's happened in the United States, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Canada and Russia in the past 17 years, terrorism is not a stretch.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

No, but talking to the people who new him likely gave them avenues to explore.

'Like 2 different people': Friend of Faisal Hussain struggles to understand what sparked Danforth rampage

Reading the comments in your link tells me that not all Canadians are fooled by the utter and complete bullshit your government is trying to pass off as police work.

$1:
Art Mack
Not word of condemnation or sympathy for the victims from this community.

$1:
James Watson
After learning of this man's sad personal history it is easy to understand what triggered him. What is hard to understand is how a man who had been under medical treatment for some fairly severe mental instabilities got a high-powered self-loading pistol with enough magazine and ammunition to go into a high intensity combat zone.

$1:
Mike Calzone
Story goes against narrative media wants to push, don't trust the reporting.

$1:
suz cloutier
seems like weve already forgotten about the innocent victims and have now switched to how great of a person the shooter was.

makes sense

Here's a mention of the killer's now-deleted Facebook page:

$1:
Jane Grey
@suz cloutier it's so very sad...unbelievable really....how far the msm will go to make the shooter seem like a great person. What about those two precious, innocent young women that were killed and all the others injured and going through hell right now? I, for one, do not care how the shooters family feels or what they thought. They liked the vile things he put on Facebook..... Cant claim innocence now.

$1:
Willi Toews
CBC stop trying to generate sympathy for the shooter. You stories should be about the people that died and the ones that will be affected the rest of their lives by this senseless act. We need to have compassion for the families of the victims.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:31 am

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't think anyone has alluded to a secret Illuminati like order of assassins striking from the shadows,

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If there's any connection between this puke and a Canadian terror cell you'll never know about it because the die has been cast on the Official Narrative and any new facts that might accidentally surface will be immediately suppressed

That's basically what Bart was implying. Islamic Terror cell. Kept quiet by Royal Decree.

No proof needed, because suppression.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am

$1:
Doug Ford: Toronto Danforth Shooting Shows 'The Status Quo Is Not Good Enough'
"The shooter is dead but that will not delay or deter us from seeking justice."

The premier also hinted at changes to come to address gun violence.
Supplies!

Somebody took him aside and told him to stick to the narrative. I predict Ford will be forced to flip-flop on the carbon market next.

Last edited by CharlesAnthony on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:36 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't think anyone has alluded to a secret Illuminati like order of assassins striking from the shadows,

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If there's any connection between this puke and a Canadian terror cell you'll never know about it because the die has been cast on the Official Narrative and any new facts that might accidentally surface will be immediately suppressed

That's basically what Bart was implying. Islamic Terror cell. Kept quiet by Royal Decree.

I wouldn't equate terror cell with Illuminati assassins. (Assuming its being kept quiet) Maybe its being kept quiet for another reason...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 am

llama66 llama66:
Mental illness while possible is too convenient. If you don't think its a bit convenient, i dunno what to tell you. As I said earlier, its been the "commonly accepted" explanation for almost every terror incident since 2014.
From the attacks on the soldiers, to the attack on parliament to the van attack earlier this year. All these people, mentally ill, attacking people and institutions. That's a really convenient explanation.

So why not have the conversation about the shitty treatment of mental illness in our healthcare system? Is it so much easier to believe radicals are responsible, than our own treatment of citizens?

Notice that it is seemingly normal for a white guy to drive a van down a busy street and kill people, but if a Muslim does the same thing with a gun, he must be a radical. Why can they both not be of diminished capacity?

llama66 llama66:
I think the question not being asked is, where did an allegedly mentally ill man get a gun from in a nation that requires you to have a restricted gun licence to possess such a weapon. I'm sure he didn't pop down to Cabella's or Bass Pro and pick one up. Was the gun stolen? Was it obtained legally? Did he get it in a kinder egg? or was it provided by some 3rd party that wishes ill on Canada? Clearly there is more to this.

Buying illegal weapons is not exactly difficult. They can be smuggled, or even manufactured here. All you need is connections.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Good. So tell me where the allegedly mentally ill guy got his gun, ammunition, and magazines?

And who trained him?

Because this is no rank amateur:

Attachments:
File comment: gta
gta.PNG
gta.PNG [ 100.36 KiB | Viewed 93 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Do you REALLY think that you just had a mass shooting and that your RCMP is so fucking magnificent that they've wrapped up a 100% thorough investigation of the shooter, his history, his travels, his companions, his family, his computer history, and all of the forensic evidence in less than 24 hours?

RCMP RCMP:
It was mental illness and not Islamic terrorism! Case closed! Nothing to see here, people! Move along and ignore this subject or else we'll come after you for not supporting our official narrative which we probably cooked up before the first corpse got cold.

How would I think that when I said "If the RCMP". The implication being they haven't completed their investigation.

It's amazing that you think an entire law enforcement agency is going to be in on pushing a narrative that doesn't really benefit them. Are you going to become a 9/11 truther next?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:47 am

martin14 martin14:
Tricks Tricks:
Because he didn't want to kill people he knew? Potentially a friend?

That would not be an act of a mentally stable person.
Why? People with mental illness can still form friendships.

$1:
Yeah, because putting 40% of the people on drugs is the perfect answer.
Actually I'm a firm believer in therapy first. Not everything can be solved by therapy, but it should always be the first attempt.

$1:
You know, if Muslims would just.. jump in front of the subway or the trains,
like mentally ill white people do to commit suicide, there may be a point.

But they don't.
You mean radicalized Muslims right? Cause considering the Dr. who was involved with the life saving surgeries had a last name of Ahmed, pretty safe to say that a muslim just helped save a bunch of these people.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

You are forgetting the part of the definition that differentiates if from other forms of violence - "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

"Political aims". That's what's missing. It may be found in the future, but right now we have no political aims. Until then, it's not the classical definition of 'terrorism'.

You're also skipping over major aspects of the definition. Such as:

-It is the use of violence or threat of violence in the pursuit of political, religious, ideological or social objectives.

This was a terrorist attack.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 22  Next