Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:30 pm

This could be all over and done with by Easter Monday at the rate this is going.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
This could be all over and done with by Easter Monday at the rate this is going.

I agree. The operating tempo of the US, Japan, and China is not sustainable for very long. Too many pieces are in the right places right now and either North Korea is going to play ball or they're going to get curb stopmed from every direction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:56 pm

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... pital.html

$1:
According to several sources, North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has ordered 600,000 people to evacuate the capital city of Pyongyang. The report originally appeared in Pravda, but a reporter for Channel News Asia tweeted that foreign journalists have been told to prepare to move out of the capital – without their cell phones.

$1:
We've been told to be ready to move out at 620am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed. #Pyongyang #Dprk pic.twitter.com/DO1yziIEMq

— Jeremy Koh (@JeremyKohCNA) April 12, 2017

$1:
Reports in Russian newspaper Pravda Report claim more than 600,000 people – around 25 per cent of the city's population – are being urgently evacuated, as tensions escalate between North Korea and the United States.

According to South Korean media, residents in the kingdom have said goodbye to each other, sparking concerns the tyrannical leader could be about to act after months of nuclear weapon testing.

Foreign reporters have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on North Korea's biggest national celebration, called 'Day of the Sun'.

A tweet from Channel NewsAsia's Beijing Correspondent Jeremy Koh said: "We've been told to be ready to move out at 6.20am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed."

More than 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birthday of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15.

Officials in North Korea have already warned nuclear war could break out at any minute thanks to the "extremely tense" situation on the Korean Peninsula.

The US sent a navy strike group towards the Western Pacific in a show of force, with North Korea retorting with warnings of a nuclear attack in retaliation to any show of aggression.

China has also moved 150,000 soldiers close to the North Korean border in preparation for war.

The move comes after president Trump launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airfield in response for the country's brutal chemical attack which left 79 civilians dead.

North Korean officials have given no clues as to the nature of the "surprise event" or where it would take place.

However, past announcements of a similar nature have turned out to be relatively low-key.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Sorry I'm not around much to really lay out my stance but Thanos interpreted my statement pretty much exactly as I intended it.

Fuck Un; I hope his people bring him down in a new revolution, not one imported by the uncaring shock doctrine-enforcing Americans.

True justice for the North Korean situation can only be decided by the North Korean people.

If at the end of the day this sentiment is supposed to be considered "support" for Un; I hope the same for the Americans. No one but Americans can truly change the American situation.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:35 am

NBC News is saying there's a high probability of the US hitting North Korea this weekend and, for once, I'm finding myself in agreement with them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-m ... ar-n746366

$1:
The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

North Korea has warned that a "big event" is near, and U.S. officials say signs point to a nuclear test that could come as early as this weekend.

The intelligence officials told NBC News that the U.S. has positioned two destroyers capable of shooting Tomahawk cruise missiles in the region, one just 300 miles from the North Korean nuclear test site.

American heavy bombers are also positioned in Guam to attack North Korea should it be necessary, and earlier this week, the Pentagon announced that the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group was being diverted to the area.

The U.S. strike could include missiles and bombs, cyber and special operations on the ground.

The danger of such an attack by the U.S. is that it could provoke the volatile and unpredictable North Korean regime to launch its own blistering attack on its southern neighbor.

"The leadership in North Korea has shown absolutely no sign or interest in diplomacy or dialogue with any of the countries involved in this issue," Victor Cha, the Korea Chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies told NBC News Thursday.

Maybe the history books will call it "The Easter War".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:40 am

I'm hoping more that the Chinese have a couple of ambitious Nork colonels in their pocket ready to take over and a battalion of their own special forces already in position to decapitate the entire regime in order to avoid the bloodshed this is going to kick off. If there's any group of people on this planet who can truly be described as living in sheer torment it's the North Korean population over the last sixty-odd years. There'd be nothing but pure karmic injustice to end up killing a couple hundred thousand of them and annihilating what little pathetic civilian infrastructure they have trying to knock of their insane leadership. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am

I'm thinking that China is poised to invade. Fine by me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:27 am

I wonder how the South Koreans feel about a potential war? Considering their capital is in artillery range of or their stunned long long lost clusins to the north.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'm thinking that China is poised to invade. Fine by me.

Yah but then what ?

Depose the regime, or protect it ?

I hope they have had enough of Kimmy's dick waving, but you never know.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:50 am

xerxes xerxes:
I wonder how the South Koreans feel about a potential war? Considering their capital is in artillery range of or their stunned long long lost clusins to the north.

It's going to come down to acceptable risk.

If I were a South Korean I'd want to take out North Korea before they could blackmail my country with nuclear weapons.

Besides, if both China and the US attack the Norks then they're not going to be able to do too much against the South. At least not for long.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:53 am

This is getting interesting. I'm going with Thanos, I suspect the Chinese already have a plan for a coup, and you have to think the NK top brass are all in on this the way KIm Dim Sum is exterminating them. Of course, this is North Korea so who knows what is really going on. I just don't see the Chinese sitting back and letting this sort of mayhem break out on their border.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 pm

prairiechickin prairiechickin:
This is getting interesting. I'm going with Thanos, I suspect the Chinese already have a plan for a coup, and you have to think the NK top brass are all in on this the way KIm Dim Sum is exterminating them. Of course, this is North Korea so who knows what is really going on. I just don't see the Chinese sitting back and letting this sort of mayhem break out on their border.

Thanos is probably right China has had enough of the Kim's.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:12 pm

China has suspended civilian air travel to Pyongyang.

If you are in NK, no way out now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm

I've been fascinated with North Korea for a long time now, its the last of the Stalinist states, and I'm amazed they can keep this madness up for so long. The first thing I looked for when I got Google Earth, was the detention camps in the mountains, yep, there they were. I read the bio of that poor bastard who was actually born in one of those camps, and escaped to the U.S.. He was pretty screwed up.

This has heated up quickly, and with Trump in the White House and Kim Dim Wit in Pyongyang, this could get real interesting real fast. I gotta get to the store and get some real Orville Redenbacker popcorn before this saturates the news. This would top 9/11.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
China has suspended civilian air travel to Pyongyang.

If you are in NK, no way out now.

Yep, I just heard that too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next