Title: McDonald's cuts Angus burgers from menu after 4 years
Category: Business
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2013-05-09 19:03:56
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Christ, perfect example of what's wrong with society. The Angus was the only edible thing on their menu and at one time actually quite tasty. But people would rather cram "4 or 5" shit-burgers off the dollar menu down their disgusting pie-holes instead!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:16 pm

I tried it once, when it came out and I found it to be between crap and so-so. I think that was the last time I went to McD. One last thing... this is news??? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah, CKA's been slow lately

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Wow. Four years. eh? Never got to try one. Guess it was over four years ago I tried some disgusting burnt chicken thing they were pushing on tv.
You know, the spicy thing with the guy blowing flames everywhere that you try and find out they use 1 peppercorn per 1,000 gallons of secret sauce.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 pm

The wife and I had them at the Golden McBloats and they were delicious. To bad that they're gone because like you said BF they were probably the only edible thing on the menu.

I guess no more McBloats, no more Kentucky Fried Gull, no more crappy take out Pizza from chain stores run by 15 year old high school musical rejects. oh well I guess when I travel I'll get food from a grocery store and cook it myself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 pm

No grandkids to MAKE you go there?

Detroit Red Wings

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 am

The Angus burger was ok, nothing to write home about. Unlike the Big Mac, the meat did not taste like cardboard. For fast food style burgers, I always preferred In N' Out Burger. They were real greasy and nice n' tasty. I was able to eat em by the dozen. For a slightly upscale burger, Red Robin is great. They also cater to kids.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 am

Oh well just another reason not to go to MCDs. I didn't go there that often but when I did the only thing I ordered was the Angus burger.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 am

Last time I had a great burger, that I hadn't made, was at a cafe in a small village, when we went out for a Sunday drive.....now that was a burger......grilled onions and mushrooms with lettuce, tomato and your choice of cheese. This was served with a huge pile of home fries and coleslaw. All for $6.50.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 am

Don't laugh, well not to hard at least. The last great burger I had was at a strip joint. It was actualy cooked Medium Well like I had asked. It had grilled onions, fresh tommatos, crisp lettuce, and the pickles had a nice but not over powering falvor. The fries on the other hand were blah and scenary was ... [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am

McDonald's burgers are crap - even this one. If I want a real burger, I go to a place like Fatburger, Five Guys or Rodeo Burger (local burger joint). It's almost the same price and the quality is far better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am

When eating a McDonalds Burger, toss the bun away.

Ingredients: Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

After the Zombie apocalypse these will be the only things to survive and eventually exterminate the Zombies. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:51 am

Just a thought, two words that should never be mentioned together are edible and McDonalds. PDT_Armataz_01_32

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

This news rates a SFW? from me. Really, when I think about an exceptional hamburger the last place that comes to mind is Mickey's.