canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:53 am

Title: Men are holding hands in protest against anti-gay violence in the Netherlands
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2017-04-05 09:36:54

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:53 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04 ... therlands/

"Two high-ranking Dutch politicians were photographed holding hands earlier this week as they arrived at The Hague for negotiations on the formation of a new cabinet.

Alexander Pechtold, leader of liberal-democratic party D66, and party member Wouter Koolmees were taking part in show of solidarity following a brutal assault on a gay couple that took place in Arnhem over the weekend.

Jasper Vernes-Sewratan and Ronnie Sewratan-Verne had been holding hands when they were set on by a group of youths in the early hours of Sunday morning."

$1:
Mr Vernes-Sewratan told NOS: "‘We don’t usually do that, holding hands in public, for the very reason that we don’t want to provoke people. But we’d had a nice evening, it was late and we thought we were alone.

"And then suddenly there was a group of six to eight Moroccan youths. Before I knew it I was on the ground fighting with three men on top of me."

The attack has prompted outrage across the Netherlands, and numerous men have taken up a suggestion by journalist Barbara Berend for men to hold hands to demonstrate solidarity with the victims of homophobic violence.

Images of men holding hands have been appearing on social media with the hashtag #allemannenhandinhand.

Tanja Ineke of LGBT+ organisation COC has written to Dutch Minister Edith Schippers calling for the country's new government to prioritise combating violence against the LGBT+ community, with stronger punishments for offenders and improved education in schools,

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 am

Let's not mention that the gays are being attacked by the fucking Muslims.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Let's not mention that the gays are being attacked by the fucking Muslims.

The article didn't transfer over here from the Telegraph, Bart. I just edited it in. In the article they mention it...kinda...but not by name, by nationality. One would have to be trained in social justice courses not to be able to observe the obvious. It's in this part:

$1:
"And then suddenly there was a group of six to eight Moroccan youths. Before I knew it I was on the ground fighting with three men on top of me."

Poor, Dutch, gay guys. Shoulda voted for Geert.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 am

Hate to say but with the way the EU is treating the UK, Poland, Hungary, and the US/Trump I really don't give a fuck what misery they bring on themselves.

What I do know is that when those stupid assholes start fleeing their own countries because of Muslim oppression is that I do not want them here. They ruined their own countries let them fight to get them back or else go to hell. But don't come here and then shit up my country with idiotic notions about diversity and multiculturalism that are obvious failures.