canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:55 pm

BRAH BRAH:
One home or nine homes Michael Moore is a hypocite as most Hollywood celebrities are who preach one thing and do another.

Can you explain this? He should not publish films or what have you that make him lots of money because he advocates against crony capitalism and an ever widening income gap? What, he should be a plumber?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm

andyt andyt:
BRAH BRAH:
One home or nine homes Michael Moore is a hypocite as most Hollywood celebrities are who preach one thing and do another.

Can you explain this? He should not publish films or what have you that make him lots of money because he advocates against crony capitalism and an ever widening income gap? What, he should be a plumber?

Andy, you're the one who goes off over 'income inequality'. Where's your insistence that Moore should be taxed into penury?

If this were some guy of equal wealth who'd earned it running a corporation you'd be all over him. But since it's one of your guys you're not.

Looks like Moore isn't the only hypocrite in the world.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:04 pm

housewife housewife:
Still trying to figure out why any one would care what he says, thinks or owes.

Exactly but there seem to be a myriad of people who, for whatever reason seem to have this incorrect concept that they can't think for themselves and need people like Michael Moore to do it for them.

So this has less to do with his nine houses an more to do with his infinite quest for money while vilifying the mainstream people who do the same which in alot of peoples opinion makes him a hypocrite.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:18 pm

When Michael Moore was hanging with the Occupy Wall Street protesting against the 1% this was hipocrisy but he wasn't alone as a few other hypocritcal Hollywood celebrities were doing the same thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:22 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:
BRAH BRAH:

Andy, you're the one who goes off over 'income inequality'. Where's your insistence that Moore should be taxed into penury?

If this were some guy of equal wealth who'd earned it running a corporation you'd be all over him. But since it's one of your guys you're not.

Looks like Moore isn't the only hypocrite in the world.

OK. So provide a quote where I say anybody should be taxed into penury? He should be taxed fairly on his wealth, same as anybody else. You show me where he's cheated on his taxes, hidden assets offshore, that's a different matter.

I may be a hypocrite, but you're just an idiot who can only see in black and white.

But I think the hypocrite is you - you're supposed to be all about self-reliance, and here's a guy who, by his wits, has worked himself up from humble beginnings to decent wealth. (Doubt he's anywhere near your heros the Kock bros, say, or that idiot who claimed the wealthy are treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany). This guy should be your hero.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm

BRAH BRAH:
When Michael Moore was hanging with the Occupy Wall Street protesting against the 1% this was hipocrisy but he wasn't alone as a few other hypocritcal Hollywood celebrities were doing the same thing.

How so. He was protesting against a system the is spawning ever greater inequality while crony capitalists game the economy. What's wrong with that?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:27 pm

andyt andyt:
BRAH BRAH:

How so. He was protesting against a system the is spawning ever greater inequality while crony capitalists game the economy. What's wrong with that?

He was protesting against the 1% and he's the 1%, as I said he wasn't alone in this hypocrisy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Nope, sorry, it's not that simple. There will always be a 1%. The issue is the growing gap between them and the rest. Just as Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have spoken out about this. No matter what, they'll remain in the 1%, but they are arguing for a fairer tax system among other things.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
rickc rickc:
Here is an excellent article on just what a fraud and hypocrite Moore really is:

http://www.newsofinterest.tv/politics/b ... _moore.php

I love the part how he takes a Concorde flight to London, and stays at the Ritz to promote Roger and me. He than rents a cheap room at another hotel to meet with journalists so as to appear as a man of humble circumstances. This guy is a total fraud.

It would probably be fine with the right if he just bought up companies and then bankrupted them and sold off the remnants lock, stock and barrel like R-Money did.

Yeah, he's just horrible. He started out from blue collar roots and became wealthy - how horrible it must have been for the upper classes to see that the American Dream still exists. Guess it's time for a couple more subprime/banking crises to finally stamp that out once and for all.

/sarcasm

Did you even read the article that I posted? Its about Mr. Moore being a fraud and a hypocrite. Something you fail to address in your retort. I am all for capitalism. I am all for people becoming wealthy. Capitalism is what made Mr. Moore wealthy. Unfortunately Mr. Moore's whole career is based on tearing down capitalism. That makes him a hypocrite. You want to bring Mitt Romney into this? Mitt Romney is not going around bitching about the evils of capitalism, is he? He champions capitalism. I think that you are trying to deflect from the story at hand that Mr. Moore is a hypocrite. As far as your claims that Mr. Romney is a corporate raider, I call bullshit! You are passing on propaganda from the last election.Here is a factual portrayal of job gains/ losses by Bain Capitol under Mr. Romney.

http://www.american.com/archive/2012/ja ... te-at-bain

If you have some actual facts showing that job losses under Mr. Romney are greater than job gains, than present them. Not every company succeeds. Lots of factors are at play. Recessions kill some businesses. Advances in tech. renders some businesses obsolete. Cheaper foreign competition closes businesses as well. None of that is Mr. Romney's fault. Target spent a fortune moving into Canada. They are losing their asses. If they fold up shop in Canada,are you going to blame corporate raiders? Will that somehow be Mr. Romney's fault as well? None of this changes the fact that Mr. Moore is a fraud and a hypocrite.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 pm

andyt andyt:
BRAH BRAH:

"Capitalism is evil,and you cannot regulate evil.You have to replace it with something that is good for all people and that something is democracy." That is a direct quote from Mr. Moore from his film Capitolism: a love story. Does that sound like someone who is merely against crony capitalism? We must replace it! That kind of rhetoric sounds like it could have came from the mouth of Marx himself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Communism is not democracy, so not sure that Marx would have said this. At this moment, Moore has no choice but to live in a capitalist system, and he's certainly making the best of it. I don't know what he's doing to bring about the change he's advocating. If nothing, then OK, he's a hypocrite. I'll take that over a Kock brother any day. What Moore is, ultimately is an entertainer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 pm

andyt andyt:
What Moore is, ultimately is an entertainer.

Sorry, not entertained......he's also ugly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Sufficient people are to have earned him 50 mil. That's how it goes.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm

andyt andyt:
Communism is not democracy, so not sure that Marx would have said this. At this moment, Moore has no choice but to live in a capitalist system, and he's certainly making the best of it. I don't know what he's doing to bring about the change he's advocating. If nothing, then OK, he's a hypocrite. I'll take that over a Kock brother any day. What Moore is, ultimately is an entertainer.

He does have a choice, he can take his fat ass down to Cuba and try living in the workers paradise that he seems to want for all of us.He talks the talk, let him walk the walk. He could see how it feels to bust his ass putting together a documentary only to see all the proceeds go to the government, while he makes the same wages as a janitor. Well we already know how that would play out. Mr. Moore made 20 million Dollars on his 2009 film fahrenheit 9/11. That did not stop him from suing Harvey Weinstein claiming he was owed another 2.7 million Dollars for the film.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ent-754908

Seems like comrade Moore could not live comfortably enough on the 20 million he had already made. A commie with a profit motive, imagine that.

All kidding around aside, I agree with your point about him being an entertainer.Thats exactly what he is. He is like a character from the WWE . A Nature boy Ric Flair if you will. He pretends to be something that he is not. He whips up people on both sides of the aisle. I do not think that he believes one word of the bullshit that he spouts. Its his shtick. As long as he pretends to believe what he says, I have the right to call him a hypocrite. As it stands now, I would call him a marketing genius in the same class as Vince McMahon. Full disclosure: I have helped make Mr. Moore rich. I have read all of his books, and seen all of his films. He is one of those people that I love to hate. I hate him, yet I cannot ignore him. Thats great marketing! Kind of like how lefties listen in to Limbaugh just to complain about him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am

rickc rickc:
bootlegga bootlegga:
rickc rickc:
Here is an excellent article on just what a fraud and hypocrite Moore really is:

http://www.newsofinterest.tv/politics/b ... _moore.php

I love the part how he takes a Concorde flight to London, and stays at the Ritz to promote Roger and me. He than rents a cheap room at another hotel to meet with journalists so as to appear as a man of humble circumstances. This guy is a total fraud.

It would probably be fine with the right if he just bought up companies and then bankrupted them and sold off the remnants lock, stock and barrel like R-Money did.

Yeah, he's just horrible. He started out from blue collar roots and became wealthy - how horrible it must have been for the upper classes to see that the American Dream still exists. Guess it's time for a couple more subprime/banking crises to finally stamp that out once and for all.

/sarcasm

Did you even read the article that I posted? Its about Mr. Moore being a fraud and a hypocrite. Something you fail to address in your retort. I am all for capitalism. I am all for people becoming wealthy. Capitalism is what made Mr. Moore wealthy. Unfortunately Mr. Moore's whole career is based on tearing down capitalism. That makes him a hypocrite. You want to bring Mitt Romney into this? Mitt Romney is not going around bitching about the evils of capitalism, is he? He champions capitalism. I think that you are trying to deflect from the story at hand that Mr. Moore is a hypocrite. As far as your claims that Mr. Romney is a corporate raider, I call bullshit! You are passing on propaganda from the last election.Here is a factual portrayal of job gains/ losses by Bain Capitol under Mr. Romney.

http://www.american.com/archive/2012/ja ... te-at-bain

If you have some actual facts showing that job losses under Mr. Romney are greater than job gains, than present them. Not every company succeeds. Lots of factors are at play. Recessions kill some businesses. Advances in tech. renders some businesses obsolete. Cheaper foreign competition closes businesses as well. None of that is Mr. Romney's fault. Target spent a fortune moving into Canada. They are losing their asses. If they fold up shop in Canada,are you going to blame corporate raiders? Will that somehow be Mr. Romney's fault as well? None of this changes the fact that Mr. Moore is a fraud and a hypocrite.

Your comment on Target is a red herring - it has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand, but nice try.

Yes, I read the 'article' you posted from some random blog that spews right-wing propaganda (based on posts on Obama and climate change). Not one of those claims is corroborated (i.e. links to prove anything there actually happened) - it all appears to be hearsay, so maybe some of it happened or maybe it didn't.

Moore's career is not based on tearing down capitalism. Sicko, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 911 all examine issues of our day - gun rights, healthcare and the War in Iraq.

As for Romney and Bain Capital, I'm not going to say that because some of Bain's investments did okay, he's off the hook for the ones he screwed up. The fact is under his time as CEO of Bain, they ran GST Steel and Dade Behring (to name two) into the ground, causing the layoffs of hundreds of workers.

$1:
Michael Rumbin had been a Dade vice president. "No one ever came up to me to ask if we could create more jobs," he told HuffPost. "There was very little in the way of job creation. It was a business undertaking in which the Bain Capital people created a tremendous amount of wealth for themselves and their investors."

Yeah, that's the kind of person we should admire, instead of a guy who went from blue collar background to living the American Dream and becoming wealthy.

If you want to believe a biased blog that's up to you - but until you show me proof of all the stuff on that blog, I'm not buying what you're selling.