I'm going to Sweden next week to do a gay pride march through a Muslim ghetto

Shit. Now I have to donate to a gay group! :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:27 pm

raydan raydan:
I could try to care... but I just can't... I have no idea who Leslie Jones is...

One of these is Leslie Jones.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
raydan raydan:
I could try to care... but I just can't... I have no idea who Leslie Jones is...

One of these is Leslie Jones.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:09 pm

raydan raydan:
I really, really, really don't care. :wink:

Don't hold back raydan... tell us how you really feel.

:wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:10 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Double Standards: Leslie Jones’ Racist Twitter History

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

Twitter suspends Milo and still allows Cyberstalking, Sexual Harassment and Threats against Conservative Women, ISIS recruitment, Black Lives Matters supporters celebrating the Assassinations of Police Officers and Leslie Jones' Racist Tweets, cool.

Well then, 'bout time Bra starts up his own "right, tight and lily white" social media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Strutz Strutz:
raydan raydan:
I really, really, really don't care. :wink:

Don't hold back raydan... tell us how you really feel.

:wink:

Sorry, I have problems expressing my feelings... must be my fear of disapproval and rejection. :oops:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:05 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
BRAH BRAH:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

Twitter suspends Milo and still allows Cyberstalking, Sexual Harassment and Threats against Conservative Women, ISIS recruitment, Black Lives Matters supporters celebrating the Assassinations of Police Officers and Leslie Jones' Racist Tweets, cool.

Well then, 'bout time Bra starts up his own "right, tight and lily white" social media.

Your hypocrisy is good enough. :mrgreen:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:41 pm

BRAH BRAH:
fifeboy fifeboy:
BRAH BRAH:

Your hypocrisy is good enough. :mrgreen:

Good enough for what?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:53 pm

#dicks out for harambe

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Bumping, because I ran into an independent analysis that ties into this issue. Milo might have lost his Twatter access but in the end he turns out to be 100% right. The movie IS a flop and it bombed precisely because of what the initial critics were pissed off at. You can't make a sci-fi-ish comedy/actioner and expect it to succeed when you deliberately go out of your way to insult the backbone majority of fans of this genre (i.e. the same white males that have been the dominant supporters of genre fiction since the sci-fi movie boom of the 1950's) and belittle their criticisms. Or, even worse, turn them into active haters of your product by replacing them on screen/in comics, with minorities simply to fit a SJW agenda.

http://careymartell.com/2016/07/ghostbu ... d-to-bomb/

http://careymartell.com/2016/03/faceboo ... -bad-idea/

From the first link:

$1:
The market told you they did not want this reboot. You ignored that and instead launched an expensive marketing campaign based solely on insulting the customer to address your wounded pride. The market rejected the very concept of your product and instead of changing course to make the product it wanted, you made only what you wanted to.

To get consumer support for a product, no matter what it is, you must deliver the product the consumers want. You cannot intentionally alienate the vast majority of a customer base and expect the product to magically become profitable. Hundreds of articles from bribed journalists giving fake reviews and constantly insulting the prospective audience won’t make customers love you if all of those review articles intentionally insult the customer by calling them sexist trolls.

I say again: You cannot shame consumers into becoming brand loyalists with psuedo-social justice bullshit like how this movie was going to be some kind of political vehicle for girl power. When dealing with an established franchise property like Ghostbusters you must make the product that the majority of the audience wants to see. You can’t tell the fans what they want to see because they already know what they want to see. The property has certain themes and ideas they are already deeply emotionally connected to based on prior material.

The bigger picture is missed by those who think partially making back the budget of the film is a success, or comparing its low performance to stand alone comedy films. The Ghostbusters reboot was meant to re-launch a lucrative franchise and it got overwhelmed with gender politics which killed its ability to succeed in the market. This may be a bitter pill for some people to swallow but business decisions should not be trumped by personal politics. The producers had a responsibility to investors — the shareholders — to make a profitable movie and they completely shirked this duty for their own vanity. They did not act in the best interests of the film financiers and the long-time goals of the beneficiaries of the franchise (namely, Sony shareholders).

Stick it too 'em, my brothers. Hit them hard by denying them our money and maybe they'll smarten up and quit poking their social engineering stick into our hornet's nest. Free Milo! :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Milo's Safe Space, Twitter ShameCam.
_________

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Why is everyone picking on this woman? I think she looks fine and the movie was not that bad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:56 pm

:|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:19 pm

This comes down to Bart's "gay cakes" argument... if Twitter doesn't want to serve you, they have that right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:01 am

xerxes xerxes:
Looks like he can't handle a taste of his own medicine.

They told him to stick it up his arse and he just smiled.