bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:08 pm

I for one welcome our new gay overlord. :mrgreen:

Kind of stupid on how it began, with a bunch of Twitter trolls attacking black actress Leslie Jones over the wretched Ghostbusters remake. Nothing new for Twitter, which sucks to the core, but somehow it led to Breitbart writer and troll demigod Milo Yiannopoulos being blamed for the attack on Jones and subsequently permanently banned from Twitter.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/twitter-mil ... -1.3686843

All in all it's just more internet lunacy from both sides, the BLM assholes of the extremist left nd the trilby-wearing 4Chan neckbeards (allegedly) of the alt-right. Milo though isn't amused, and apparently has received a ton of death threat over the incident with Jones and is now guarded by armed security.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/twitter-mil ... -1.3687685

$1:
Milo Yiannopoulos, the self-described gay conservative dissident and "super-villain" of internet trolling, was suspended from Twitter Tuesday following tweets directed at Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones that incited a racist online campaign against her. He claims he was banned for simply speaking his mind.

On the same day he was booted from the micro-blogging service, Yiannopoulos spoke with CBC News during a smoke break at his hotel in Cleveland, where the Breitbart News provocateur is hosting events with conservative firebrand Ann Coulter.

During the interview, Yiannopoulos appeared nervous and was watched closely by private security. He intermittently stopped the interview to consult with his guards.

Here are edited excerpts from the interview.

On his decision to participate in events around the Republican National Convention:

I'm a Brit. I'm here to give people a warning from Europe, because I've seen the way that things can go when you forget about why free speech is important, you forget that freedom has to be earned every generation.

I'm here to give a warning about what happens when you forget that public life is supposed to be about challenge and mischief and debate. This is something the left doesn't like anymore, and they shout down anybody who doesn't agree with them as a bigot, racist, a sexist, a homophobe, a transphobe, all this kind of stuff. Well, it doesn't work anymore. The public doesn't it like it anymore, and they displayed that appetite for mischief in their support for Donald Trump.

On the tight security he's surrounded himself with:

These days, we've amped it up, and they're armed, and there's lots more of them. I need them because the left are insane and they're going to try to kill me.

You know, Black Lives Matter charges the stage, swings for me, snatches mics, and it's only a matter of time before one of them comes at me with a knife. It's not a mystery why I might have security with me.

I'm going to Sweden next week to do a gay pride march through a Muslim ghetto because if nobody else is going to stick up for us, we have to do it ourselves, and demonstrating that regressive, socially conservative attitudes that don't just militate against gay interests, but actively affect gay people's lives are coming from Muslims all over the West, and if the left isn't going to stick up for us, I'm going to demonstrate what I thought pride was supposed to be about through action.

But yes, somebody's going to come for me there, too. And when they do, the response from the left is going to be, 'Well, you kind of had it coming, you were being provocative, weren't you?'

On his fears of being physically attacked by Democrats and left-wing activists:

Of course, they hate me. They absolutely hate me. I have no doubt in my mind that somebody's going to make an attempt on my life in the next couple months because I have the audacity to say what I think. That's horrifying.

This peace, love and understanding nonsense saves nobody, and helps nobody. Left-wing political lying and molly-coddling, and sucking up to Islam and sucking up to Muslims helps nobody.

On political correctness and being a provocateur:

The left is obsessed with language policing and control and transgender pronouns. That's got nothing to do with gay life. Gay life is about pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable, about pushing the limits of speech and thought, and being dissident and mischievous and experimentation.

I use that term [super-villain] ironically, because all I do is talk about the things that I think are interesting and fun and dissident and mischievous, and I look to William S. Burroughs and Quentin Crisp, these great queer decadent, dissident figures for the past and say look, today, if you want to be mischievous, you have to be on the right. It's the left in power in the media. If you want to be mischievous, you want to be naughty, you want to stick two fingers up at the establishment, well you have to be right wing now to do that. It's kind of crazy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:25 pm

I could try to care... but I just can't... I have no idea who Leslie Jones is and even less who Milo Yiannopoulos is... I watched the previews for GB2 and it looks like it sucks big time... so I don't care. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Looks like he can't handle a taste of his own medicine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm

The thing over Ghostbusters got pretty stupid. I heard the movie sucks and is tanking at the box office big time anyway. In the end of it all the only significant thing about that movie will be that it's just another diversified example of the white male being erased from pop culture. Kind of dumb on the producer's part, ditto too with over at Marvel Comics especially where about half of their old superheroes have been diversified lately. I'll take the Ghostbusters bust as a sign that these liberal idiots in charge of the film companies and other pop-media outfits shot themselves in the head with the embrace of this revisionist cultural stupidity. White males of all ages make up most of their fandom, and therefore most of their revenue, so if they're stupid enough to go into some kind of culture war against their bread-and-butter source of profit then so be it.

As for Milo, he's already been assaulted once by BLM while on stage at one of his rallies. Odds are, especially after the assassinations of police, that someone on the left will be more than willing to try to erase him too for his thought crimes against the collective.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:35 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Looks like he can't handle a taste of his own medicine.

He has verbally threatened and physically assaulted people before?

I didn't know that.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:47 pm

Double Standards: Leslie Jones’ Racist Twitter History

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

Twitter suspends Milo and still allows Cyberstalking, Sexual Harassment and Threats against Conservative Women, ISIS recruitment, Black Lives Matters supporters celebrating the Assassinations of Police Officers and Leslie Jones' Racist Tweets, cool.

Attachments:
4d1b0a544bc2d318c937aff165be73a024d1617adcacba26084ffa7bfe943ee7.jpg
4d1b0a544bc2d318c937aff165be73a024d1617adcacba26084ffa7bfe943ee7.jpg [ 115.92 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Those are photoshops.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Isn't disinformation fun, xerxes?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:14 pm

IKR? Who needs facts and reality when there's a more pleasing alternate reality?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:16 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Still don't care. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:33 pm

And the usual anti-violence lefties show that they don't mind violence aimed at the other side of the spectrum.
Complete fucking hypocrites.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
And the usual anti-violence lefties show that they don't mind violence aimed at the other side of the spectrum.
Complete fucking hypocrites.

Black Lives Matter Is Trash!

Transgender Gets Death Threats From Leftist Hate Mob

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Where Milo goes fun follows:

Breitbart Shuts Down ‘The Daily Show’ At ‘Gays For Trump’

$1:
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Breitbart News’ Joel Pollak sent The Daily Show running for cover, armed only with his cell phone camera, outside a “Gays for Trump” party hosted by Breitbart Tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos near the Republican National Convention early Wednesday.

A crew from The Daily Show — which plunged in the ratings after Trevor Noah took over as host— set up outside the event and approached people as they left the party, asking them for interviews.

http://www.blazingcatfur.ca/2016/07/20/ ... for-trump/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:07 pm

I really, really, really don't care. :wink: