Title: 'Secret' government documents left behind at news bureau: CTV
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: snookums
Date: 2009-06-03 05:31:17
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:51 am

Sounds like t was left behind on purpose. All it shows is how badly the Libs mismanaged that plant anywys.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:00 am

I'm wondering when we are finally going to see a seriously confidential top secret file get misplaced.

This is just yet another "sensitive" document. Thankfully.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:09 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Sounds like t was left behind on purpose. All it shows is how badly the Libs mismanaged that plant anywys.

:roll: pssst... your embarrasing the cons here with your hwackery...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 am

I heard that Porquat guy mention that. The fellow who keeps saying that he's a long time (progressive) Conservative yet can't say anything positive about them.
.. and he's an honest man. So are they all honest men. :roll:

I remember when this Chalk river reactor "scandal" first showed up. The Liberal governments track record of mismanagement was biblical and those facts never did make it to the media.

In retrospect, I recall a great number of Liberal supporters damning CTV as a right wing propganda arm because they dared to show Dion for the moron that he was.. but I'm sure that wouldn't affect their opinions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:18 am

^^^ *facepalm*

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:22 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
I heard that Porquat guy mention that. The fellow who keeps saying that he's a long time (progressive) Conservative yet can't say anything positive about them.
.. and he's an honest man. So are they all honest men. :roll:

I remember when this Chalk river reactor "scandal" first showed up. The Liberal governments track record of mismanagement was biblical and those facts never did make it to the media.

In retrospect, I recall a great number of Liberal supporters damning CTV as a right wing propganda arm because they dared to show Dion for the moron that he was.. but I'm sure that wouldn't affect their opinions.

Funny thing is, the article is about the Natural Resource Minister leaving secret papers behind at CTV, not Chalk river.

Why make excuses for her and throw every bit of chaff off? Just because she's a Tory?

That's childish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 am

What was the binder of secret papers about about?

$1:
Sensitive government documents left behind at a CTV News bureau reveal Ottawa has poured far more money into the aging Chalk River nuclear reactor than the public has been told.
The documents also include a hand-written note that lists total funding for Atomic Energy of Canada, Ltd. since 2006 at $1.7 billion, and then a talking-point memo to characterize the spending as "cleaning up a Liberal mess."

The Conservative government plans to privatize AECL's nuclear reactor division in order to boost sales of its CANDU reactors, as Ontario weighs whether to buy two new power plants.

Didn't you read the article?

I'm not making excuses for her. I'm suggesting this was an intentional leak to show the media how mismanaged this plant has been so they get less flack when they try to sell it off.

If it was an intentional leak, it's not really a scandal, is it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 am

Yeah, it seems like she's trying to play "whistle blower" here. If she leaked the document out of legitimate, professional safety concerns, then I think she should be applauded, not criticized for doing so. She was likely told to keep her yap shut by lots of people scrambling to cover their asses right now. If leaking this story has the potential to save lives, then kudos to her for doing so.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
What was the binder of secret papers about about?

$1:
Sensitive government documents left behind at a CTV News bureau reveal Ottawa has poured far more money into the aging Chalk River nuclear reactor than the public has been told.
The documents also include a hand-written note that lists total funding for Atomic Energy of Canada, Ltd. since 2006 at $1.7 billion, and then a talking-point memo to characterize the spending as "cleaning up a Liberal mess."

The Conservative government plans to privatize AECL's nuclear reactor division in order to boost sales of its CANDU reactors, as Ontario weighs whether to buy two new power plants.

Didn't you read the article?

I'm not making excuses for her. I'm suggesting this was an intentional leak to show the media how mismanaged this plant has been so they get less flack when they try to sell it off.

If it was an intentional leak, it's not really a scandal, is it?

I did read the article. If it was intentional, so be it. She still needs to wear the responsibility of leaving secret documents lying around. As well, if it's a plant, then I'd be a bit more disappointed that a Minister doesn't have the parts to come out and say officially what the issue is. Suggests she shouldn't be a Minister and a leader then.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:23 am

What I don't understand is why the entire world relies on so few nuclear plants to obtain medical nuclear isotopes. They said that Chalk River supplies more then a half of all those isotopes.

That being said, I understand that they gave money to let the reactor run.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Title: Minister's secret papers left at news office
Category: Political
Posted By: Canadaka
Date: 2009-06-03 04:13:44
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Here we go again...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
ridenrain ridenrain:

:roll: pssst... your embarrasing the cons here with your hwackery...

Ridenrain speaks for himself not for "the cons".

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Ridenrain speaks for himself not for "the cons".

...or any other human.........

Leaving the binder behind - Stupid.

Nobody tracking sensitive documents - Even more stupid.

Lying about the amount of tax dollars being spent - UNFORGIVABLE!

AND it's irrelevant what party these morons belong to.