Category: Sports
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2012-06-27 19:23:59
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 am

From watching the video it looks a lot more than allegedly. The coach clearly sticks his leg out to trip the player. Shocking behaviour from someone in such a trusted position. If I was that kids dad I don't know what I might have done. Hopefully he'll get done for assault and banned for life!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 am

Just another fucking idiot giving kids sports a bad role model. If that was my kid he tripped I would be in jail shortly after that!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 am

What a pathetic loser.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 am

What a moron.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 am

As a coach myself, I have to say this guy is an idiot. Sure you get heated, but they're kids.

But seriously, there's no need for police to be involved. Kick the guy out of the league, ban him from coaching and issue the family and the boy an apology.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 am

Newfy Newfy:
From watching the video it looks a lot more than allegedly. The coach clearly sticks his leg out to trip the player. Shocking behaviour from someone in such a trusted position. If I was that kids dad I don't know what I might have done. Hopefully he'll get done for assault and banned for life!

This type of stuff happens all the time in minor sports from hockey to soccer. Soccer parents are worse to an extend too.

I've seen players go after opposing coaches and vise versa. This isn't something new, it just happened to be caught on tape.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

But seriously, there's no need for police to be involved. Kick the guy out of the league, ban him from coaching and issue the family and the boy an apology.

He broke the kids wrist !!! Fuck that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:06 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
As a coach myself, I have to say this guy is an idiot. Sure you get heated, but they're kids.

Respectfully disagree, he is in a trusted position with children, he broke a kids fucking wrist. An apology and suspension don't cut it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

He broke the kids wrist !!! Fuck that.

Exactly, what this fuckhead did is assault causing bodily harm.

Apologies aren't enough and hopefully our justice system sees this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 am

Amazing how you both claim he broke the kids wrist when in fact, there's nothing to confirm that at all.

Kids typically don't break their wrist falling from an upright position and landing on padded hockey gloves.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 am

So in your words, "nothing to confirm this" why do you advocate an apology and suspension?

As you mention I too coach, been in thousands of hand shakes, never felt the need to "accidently" stick my leg out like he CLEARY does in the video. I guess by your words, the kid who fell down, AGAIN as clearly evidenced in the video, must of already had a broken wrist before the handshake, because as Dr OntheIce says typically kids don't break their wrists falling from an upright position on padded hockey gloves"?

..and I thought Johnny Cochrane was dead?

SHAKE YOUR HEAD DUDE

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 am

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
So in your words, "nothing to confirm this" why do you advocate an apology and suspension?

As you mention I too coach, been in thousands of hand shakes, never felt the need to "accidently" stick my leg out like he CLEARY does in the video. I guess by your words, the kid who fell down, AGAIN as clearly evidenced in the video, must of already had a broken wrist before the handshake, because as Dr OntheIce says typically kids don't break their wrists falling from an upright position on padded hockey gloves"?

..and I thought Johnny Cochrane was dead?

SHAKE YOUR HEAD DUDE

Take a valium bud. :lol:

There's nothing to confirm that one of the kids broke his wrist. That's what I said. You guys are quick to say with absolute certainty, that one of the kids broke his wrist. You don't know more than the police do.

I'm advocating an apology and ban of the coach based on the trip alone.

If the child does indeed have a broken wrist, then the incident is much more severe which is exactly why police are waiting to confirm injuries before they formally charge the coach.

It appears it's not the child who was tripped who hurt his wrist, it was the one behind that fell on top of the tripped player.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:09 am

This is exactly why I'm hanging up the stripes after 20+ years officiating hockey. For every good coach in minor hockey there are 20 idiots just like this fuckhead.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am

You read the article right?

"The video shows Tremblay shaking the goalie’s hand and then skipping the rest of the players, before sticking his foot out in front of the 13-year-old Steel player who is second-last in line.

The player, who is still wearing his skates, falls, taking down the player behind, as well.

One of the players who fell broke his wrist and will have to wear a cast for two weeks, said Hohlweg."

Yes the mountie spokesman says they confirming the extent of the injuries, but as mentioned above the team manager is pretty clear.

Last edited by PENATRATOR on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.