Category: Religion
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-01-16 12:58:20
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:04 am

The woman isn't the only one who needs psychotropic medication, her father needs mental therapy himself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:25 am

Yep. Sounds a lot like those Christian cults. She's just lucky he didn't try to beat the devil out of her the way they do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 pm

andyt andyt:
Yep. Sounds a lot like those Christian cults. She's just lucky he didn't try to beat the devil out of her the way they do.

Yes, and you know about them because you read about them in the news.

So what's you're problem? Is it only news when a Christian does it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Jehova'a witnesses come to mind.
A friend of mine almost died because she wasnt allowed the blood transfusion she needed after giving birth...

Religion is a weird thing...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:41 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
andyt andyt:

Yes, and you know about them because you read about them in the news.

So what's you're problem? Is it only news when a Christian does it?

No problem pointing out that this isn't just an Islam problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Christians have done it. Everybody knows that. It's been front page news.

A Muslim can do it too. Did you know that? Or did the whining when the news got posted at all drown it out?

Relativism. Heard of it? It can be you drown a complaint out by pretending it doesn't matter because everybody does it. So to speak.

What it really is in that case, is whining that somebody dares to mention the thing they don't want others to know about.

It's curious that it doesn't work both ways. It's a big deal that some Priests were caught molesting children. We all know that. It was front page news. However when you're allowed to hear Imams also do it, or by conviction rate teachers are probably the worst offenders you will hear, "Wah! Priests do it. The implication is - so this time it doesn't matter. It's all relative." It wasn't relative when the priests did it though.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:20 pm

I absolutely hate it when people claim that religion is the one and only cure for depression. It never worked for me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Brenda Brenda:
A friend of mine almost died because she wasnt allowed the blood transfusion she needed after giving birth...

My godmother became voweless Jew, in her late 20s. She remained a devout member up until she turned 64,when she had a heart attack and required a new valve a la piggy. The Church she had done so much for turned their back on her, including her own Mother in law. She started attending Catholic services again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Some times that religious shit works. Years ago, a JoHo friend was separated for 2 years but couldn't get a divorce as the only grounds they allowed was divorce for adultery.
So I obliged her... :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:17 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
My godmother became voweless Jew.......

Jews against vowels? What kind of fucked up hymie thing is that? Image :mrgreen:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Brenda Brenda:

When it comes to this all religions need a reality check.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:22 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Brenda Brenda:

Yup, they're almost as bad as vegans. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:24 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Brenda Brenda:

Well, no. Most religions aren't antipathetic to modern medicine. Only a few smaller sects. The Christian Science people seem very decent except for not believing in medicine. Seems to me Islam was actually at the forefront of medicine at one time. I don't think the Catholics have any problem with it, nor most protestants. I mean Christians and Jews have sponsored hospitals that do very good work. I would be surprised if most Jewish sponsored hospitals wouldn't use pig parts if that's what's required. Just all religions have their fundies who have to take things to an extreme.

This is just some nutbar. You get them in all religions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:43 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Christians have done it. Everybody knows that. It's been front page news.

A Muslim can do it too. Did you know that? Or did the whining when the news got posted at all drown it out?

Relativism. Heard of it? It can be you drown a complaint out by pretending it doesn't matter because everybody does it. So to speak.

What it really is in that case, is whining that somebody dares to mention the thing they don't want others to know about.

It's curious that it doesn't work both ways. It's a big deal that some Priests were caught molesting children. We all know that. It was front page news. However when you're allowed to hear Imams also do it, or by conviction rate teachers are probably the worst offenders you will hear, "Wah! Priests do it. The implication is - so this time it doesn't matter. It's all relative." It wasn't relative when the priests did it though.

Perhaps you should worry more about the Priests diddling little boys rather than the coverage the other religious leaders get for doing a similar act.