canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Title: Mississauga parking restriction during prayer hours discriminates against Muslims, rights complaint says | National Post
Category: Religion
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-06-12 22:34:46
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:41 pm

I suggest this is an example of what is sometimes called "Parking Jihad". For any who don't know what that is, or what it leads to, you can see how it works by starting the video below at about 20:40.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Basically, to quote the anonymous immigration jihadi, "First you show the victim face, then you take over."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am

Looks like the Jews took over long time ago. And they didn't even have to go to the HRC.
$1:
There are examples in other jurisdictions of informal exemptions for parking violations caused by nearby religious services.

According to Kimberly Rossi, parking enforcement unit manager for the Toronto Police Service: “You may find that the officer can give discretion on that because people are generally invited to park in those areas and it’s not causing any hazards or issues,” she said.

Montreal has had a policy of “parking tolerance” on Jewish high holidays for over 30 years, allowing orthodox Jews, who don’t drive on holidays, to avoid tickets.

Mr. Khalid said he would like to see the same form of accommodation given for Muslims in Mississauga.

I suggest little Stars of David and little Crescent Moons be put on the relevant cars, so parking enforcement knows to leave them alone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 am

Religion isn't above the law. End of story.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am

This law is aimed directly at religion - note the only times it is in effect. As long as they have the same restrictions on Sundays around Churches where church goers might plug up the streets on Sundays? That can certainly be a problem in places.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:15 am

andyt andyt:
This law is aimed directly at religion - note the only times it is in effect. As long as they have the same restrictions on Sundays around Churches where church goers might plug up the streets on Sundays? That can certainly be a problem in places.

It's aimed directly at safety of residents. Safety trumps religion.

If people didn't park all over the place, block driveways and hydrants, it wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe if they had a little more respect for the residents around their place of worship, laws like this wouldn't have to come into place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:17 am

No, I agree. Mississauga just has to make sure they treat all religions the same.

I can see the HRC ruling in favor of the Muslims. In that case Mississauga has to show it has the balls to appeal this in court, where issues of safety are more likely to be taken into consideration. But like I say, if the Muslims can show that other religions get a bye, Mississauga is hooped.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:28 am

andyt andyt:
No, I agree. Mississauga just has to make sure they treat all religions the same.

I can see the HRC ruling in favor of the Muslims. In that case Mississauga has to show it has the balls to appeal this in court, where issues of safety are more likely to be taken into consideration. But like I say, if the Muslims can show that other religions get a bye, Mississauga is hooped.

It's not about religion, it's about public safety. They need to treat all parking and fire safety issues the same.

If the Muslims can prove that the City ignored complaints of parking and safety issues around other places of worship, they have a case.

I hope they lose. They should.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:58 am

andyt andyt:
Looks like the Jews took over long time ago. And they didn't even have to go to the HRC.
$1:
There are examples in other jurisdictions of informal exemptions for parking violations caused by nearby religious services.

According to Kimberly Rossi, parking enforcement unit manager for the Toronto Police Service: “You may find that the officer can give discretion on that because people are generally invited to park in those areas and it’s not causing any hazards or issues,” she said.

Montreal has had a policy of “parking tolerance” on Jewish high holidays for over 30 years, allowing orthodox Jews, who don’t drive on holidays, to avoid tickets.

Mr. Khalid said he would like to see the same form of accommodation given for Muslims in Mississauga.

I suggest little Stars of David and little Crescent Moons be put on the relevant cars, so parking enforcement knows to leave them alone.

Different time, different city, different government, different circumstances, and if we're saying there are no problems or complaints there, that's a lie.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... me-voters/

Why is it that anytime a Muslim complains about anything we have to do a mad dash all around the world looking for a phony equivalence to the problem?

Show me one for a Jewish Tower Hamlets if you like though, because that's where parking jihad eventually leads. And parking jihad is not a freaky occurrence in a small town in Ontario. It is a a world wide problem specific to areas around Mosques. Some of us say it is a strategy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:01 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

If people didn't park all over the place, block driveways and hydrants, it wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe if they had a little more respect for the residents around their place of worship, laws like this wouldn't have to come into place.

Oh man, the WORST neighbours I ever had was a United Church. Those people for the most part were ignorant assholes. They blocked my driveway, hell they even parked IN my driveway. Sundays, funerals, weddings, it didn't matter to them.

They'd hold square dances on Monday nights and blast the music so loud I couldn't hear my TV even with my doors and windows closed. They constantly trespassed on my property.
When I tried to talk to the minister about the problem he just acted like I shouldn't have a problem with it, after all they're a church.

So yeah, safety and access to one's own property does trump religion, ALL religions!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:13 am

$1:
Mr. Khalid says Fridays are busy at the mosque, and the parking lot is typically packed with more than 400 vehicles. He insists it is necessary for his son to park on the side street in order to avoid the heavy congestion in the parking lot and get to work on time.

But the city says the prohibition is due to traffic created by the mosque-goers.

“There were safety concerns with respect to the type of parking that was going on. It wasn’t safe,” said Brian Wasyliw, the lawyer representing the City of Mississauga. “The city feels that it did act appropriately in dealing with the matter and they do feel like they have a strong defence.”

Sounds to me like the mosque should expand their parking lot then.

The Mormon church a couple blocks from my house rents land across the street from their church so they have enough parking for services. Either build a parkade or buy a couple nearby houses and convert them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Xort's signature line is relevant to this topic:

$1:
What group was the first that said, "You know what would make Oslo better? If we let in a bunch of illiterate religious zealot peasants from the third world." - Some guy on 4chan.

:idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:48 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

Oh man, the WORST neighbours I ever had was a United Church. Those people for the most part were ignorant assholes. They blocked my driveway, hell they even parked IN my driveway. Sundays, funerals, weddings, it didn't matter to them.

They'd hold square dances on Monday nights and blast the music so loud I couldn't hear my TV even with my doors and windows closed. They constantly trespassed on my property.
When I tried to talk to the minister about the problem he just acted like I shouldn't have a problem with it, after all they're a church.

So yeah, safety and access to one's own property does trump religion, ALL religions!

100% agree.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 pm

andyt andyt:

HRC's are not restricted by law.