CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28649
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:29 am
 


Title: Missouri University says a man asking out a woman who's smaller than him could be SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-12-28 23:46:11
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13432
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:29 am
 


WTF? This has gone beyond the absurd and traveled to the realm of the ridiculous.

I suppose since these idiots are trying to alter human genetics suit their political agenda, they probably figure they can also alter the comparative size of humans based on gender to ensure everyone is now the exact same size.

I weep for humanity because it's quite apparent, asteriod, earthquake, volcanic eruption, plague or any other natural disaster has nothing on these doomsday purveyors who, through their less than rational ideas are bound and determined to stop all procreation of the species.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11134
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:28 am
 


PC gone mad. Somebody has been smoking something way too much medical marijuana or crack. They would need to to come with with this BS.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13921

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 am
 


Once again Daily Fail shows it can put up a dishonestl misleading headline and its readers won’t read the actual article.

The story makes clear he made repeated unwanted advances, she she asked him to stop and eventually resorted to avoiding him whenever she saw him.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9461
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:25 am
 


Tom Cruise will never face this problem.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23574
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:16 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Once again Daily Fail shows it can put up a dishonestl misleading headline and its readers won’t read the actual article.

The story makes clear he made repeated unwanted advances, she she asked him to stop and eventually resorted to avoiding him whenever she saw him.

The story makes it clear he made advances that weren't entirely rebuked, and when they were he sent a letter apologizing to her. If he's not socially adept (he is a doctoral student after all) he probably interpreted it as playing hard to get.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13921

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:26 am
 


Tricks wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Once again Daily Fail shows it can put up a dishonestl misleading headline and its readers won’t read the actual article.

The story makes clear he made repeated unwanted advances, she she asked him to stop and eventually resorted to avoiding him whenever she saw him.

The story makes it clear he made advances that weren't entirely rebuked, and when they were he sent a letter apologizing to her. If he's not socially adept (he is a doctoral student after all) he probably interpreted it as playing hard to get.



There’s no such thing as “not entirely rebuked”. Anything that is not a definite yes is a definite rebuke.

That said, I’ll agree thay this is probably just a case of a well-intentioed socially awkward guy being unwittingly creepy but that doesn’t make it ok. Many of the anti-woman spree shooters started off this way also.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23574
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:42 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Tricks wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Once again Daily Fail shows it can put up a dishonestl misleading headline and its readers won’t read the actual article.

The story makes clear he made repeated unwanted advances, she she asked him to stop and eventually resorted to avoiding him whenever she saw him.

The story makes it clear he made advances that weren't entirely rebuked, and when they were he sent a letter apologizing to her. If he's not socially adept (he is a doctoral student after all) he probably interpreted it as playing hard to get.



There’s no such thing as “not entirely rebuked”. Anything that is not a definite yes is a definite rebuke.
Not really. It should probably now be interpreted as such, just in case. However, if you think playing hard to get isn't a thing, you should count yourself lucky you haven't encountered that fucking mind game.
Quote:
That said, I’ll agree thay this is probably just a case of a well-intentioed socially awkward guy being unwittingly creepy but that doesn’t make it ok. Many of the anti-woman spree shooters started off this way also.

Sure, know what's a good way to ensure he snaps? Fuck up his career and put him in a position where he has nothing to lose.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13921

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:02 am
 


Sure playing hard to get is still a thing but even SJW issues aside people with any level if self-respect shouldn’t be wasting their time with people who play little head games. Long before I knew or cared about social issues, back in high school I learned never debase yourself to try to win someone’s favour and girls who played “hard to get” were quickly scratched off the list.

I guess this lady could’ve just gone to a yoga studio and wait to get gunned down as what happened just a few months ago and and as often happens but failing that what else is she to do?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23657
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 am
 


I read it. I thought it was pretty clear. The guy's superior size and the fact he was male was the kicker. It supposedly represented "power and authority" and could be interpreted as pressure of authority.

As I understand it the guy was alleging racial abuse on the University for wanting to discipline him.

The size and sex claim was a counter that supposedly authorized the University to take action that was not centered on race.

The title of the article is accurate.

Quote:
It is claimed Breaux did not firmly say 'no' in reply to date requests. She eventually asked him to 'stop making romantic advances' but also encouraged him to continue taking dance classes.

However he says she began avoiding him soon after and when he said a letter apologizing for being awkward about his 'sincere feelings' the matter was escalated.

She accused him of 'bizarre' behaviour.

Later the university accused him of exerting 'power or authority' to harass Breaux, in reference to his 'physical size'. They also accused him of using similar behavior with three other student employees who haven't spoken out against him.

When asked if authority meant hierarchical, Scroggs replied 'I didn't interpret it that way'.

Current assistant vice chancellor for civil rights and Title IX, Andy Hayes said in her deposition: 'I think there could be a feeling of that [abuse of "power"] just by the nature of your gender.'


Image


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm
 


Funny stuff man. My g/f who became my wife over 20 years later is a foot shorter than me and she actively pursued me. Well, being as cute and sweet and she is, it wasn't much of a pursuit really. :lol:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63685
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 am
 


Reminds me of a young man I knew some 20 years ago.

Stuart complained to me this one time that a girl named Sarah was obsessed with him, she kept telling him she loved him, she wanted to marry him, and that she wanted to be the best wife ever for him.

I asked WTF was wrong with him because first, Sarah was and is a smoking hottie, and second, she was offering him what most guys want anyway.

Long story short, they've been married almost twenty years and they have four kids.

***

I mention this because these days I hear too many younger people bitching that no one is interested in them yet they do everything they can to chase away anyone who would be interested in them. :roll:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8601
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm
 


Also asking someone out on a Tuesday when it's raining is sexual harassment.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32750
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:50 pm
 


The only women who get dates in Missouri are ex-Russian shotputters.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63685
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:38 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
The only women who get dates in Missouri are ex-Russian shotputters.


Lucky Missouri! R=UP


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.