canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Title: MMA fighter exploits glove touch with brutal cheap-shot KO | New York Post
Category: Sports
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2017-01-08 14:55:28
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

Dirtbag.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

Dirtbag.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm

What do you expect from a "sport" where almost all the participants (and fans too) look like the time of scum that should be doing ten-to-fifteen years in the pen for nearly beating a 711 clerk to death? MMA's the same rotten human cock fight it's been since it was started as an organized league.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:07 pm

How can his allies trust him now? 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Is this no rules fighting?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanos Thanos:
What do you expect from a "sport" where almost all the participants (and fans too) look like the time of scum that should be doing ten-to-fifteen years in the pen for nearly beating a 711 clerk to death? MMA's the same rotten human cock fight it's been since it was started as an organized league.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Some of the fights are great from a physical standpoint but it says it all about MMA as organized groups when they allow someone to keep beating on the other guy when they're down unconscious and basically helpless. That's not sport, that's thuggery.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Some of the fights are great from a physical standpoint but it says it all about MMA as organized groups when they allow someone to keep beating on the other guy when they're down unconscious and basically helpless. That's not sport, that's thuggery.

Hey Thanos the 1980's are looking for you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:46 pm

It's still safer than boxing. How people have died over the years from boxing? And at least in MMA when someone gets knocked down they stop the fight; not give them 10 seconds to get up and take more abuse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:57 pm

xerxes xerxes:
It's still safer than boxing. How people have died over the years from boxing? And at least in MMA when someone gets knocked down they stop the fight; not give them 10 seconds to get up and take more abuse.

Seems to me in boxing the fighter would have been disqualified.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

As bad as boxing is too at least they don't allow a fighter to hammer someone when they're down and helpless.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:19 pm

andyt andyt:
xerxes xerxes:

No he wouldn't be. In boxing the only time you touch gloves is before the fight, after the instructions. Part of the instructions are to protect yourself at all times. All punches are fair game after the ref says "box". As witnessed by this clip of Mayweather knocking out Ortiz basically doing the same thing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 am

rickc rickc:
andyt andyt:
xerxes xerxes:

No he wouldn't be. In boxing the only time you touch gloves is before the fight, after the instructions. Part of the instructions are to protect yourself at all times. All punches are fair game after the ref says "box". As witnessed by this clip of Mayweather knocking out Ortiz basically doing the same thing.

I remember the interview after far more than the match, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass!". You go Larry!

For the record, I don't watch MMA. I respect them for their athleticism and fighting abilities, but it's too violent for me. Ditto for boxing really. I watched years ago but was never a big follower. There is no need for me to watch people get knocked out or potentially hurt for my "entertainment". I would rather watch a good match of curling or Antique Roadshow before I watch that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 am

Why are people so shocked that someone in a blood sport would act as if he was in a blood sport? [huh]