CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 pm

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/more-cockro ... -1.4081671

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 am

Seems the exterminator is suggesting it’s economic diversity (not that he’d be an expert on causes anyway). And you left the question mark from the title to make his layman’s suggestion sound like fact.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:56 am

Cheap source of protein.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 am

There's always been Cockroaches in Edmonton.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:51 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Seems the exterminator is suggesting it’s economic diversity (not that he’d be an expert on causes anyway). And you left the question mark from the title to make his layman’s suggestion sound like fact.

Have you never posted a news story here before?

I'm thinking if you want to flaunt some sort of expertise you might want to at least do that.

One doesn't copy and past the title. In most cases they send it.

CTV is weird. In some cases, at least (mine being one of them) they send the meta information but block the actual story.

I usually post the link and the story, but last night I was lazy so I just posted the link.

"Economic diversity" neither explains nor covers it and the term is only used by you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:54 am

If you're requesting a copy and paste because you're having difficulty figuring out how to use a link though, Beave, here ya go...

More Cockroaches: A sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity?

$1:
According to a local exterminator, a rise in cockroach numbers may be a sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity.

Tom Schultz of Edmonton Exterminators says he’s rarely seen as many cockroaches in his forty years of business as he has recently.

He believes the rise of infestations is a result of Edmonton’s expansion and diversification. When Canada imports products from warmer climates, more of the world—and its insects—are brought to the city.

PHOTOS
Cockroach infestation keeps Halifax mom from going
And it doesn’t take much for the insects to multiply.

“If nothing’s done about it within a six-month period of time, you can literally have 100,000 cockroaches,” said Scholz. “That’s how quickly they reproduce.”

Alberta Health Services told CTV News it does not have any data pointing to an increase, but said in recent years public health inspectors have noticed an uptick in cockroaches as a pest control issue during restaurant inspections. AHS said it could not speculate on the factors causing this.

Luckily, Schultz says the roaches are little cause for concern.

“They’re more of a nuisance than anything else.”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:51 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
If you're requesting a copy and paste because you're having difficulty figuring out how to use a link though, Beave, here ya go...

More Cockroaches: A sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity?

$1:
According to a local exterminator, a rise in cockroach numbers may be a sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity.

Tom Schultz of Edmonton Exterminators says he’s rarely seen as many cockroaches in his forty years of business as he has recently.

He believes the rise of infestations is a result of Edmonton’s expansion and diversification. When Canada imports products from warmer climates, more of the world—and its insects—are brought to the city.

PHOTOS
Cockroach infestation keeps Halifax mom from going
And it doesn’t take much for the insects to multiply.

“If nothing’s done about it within a six-month period of time, you can literally have 100,000 cockroaches,” said Scholz. “That’s how quickly they reproduce.”

Alberta Health Services told CTV News it does not have any data pointing to an increase, but said in recent years public health inspectors have noticed an uptick in cockroaches as a pest control issue during restaurant inspections. AHS said it could not speculate on the factors causing this.

Luckily, Schultz says the roaches are little cause for concern.

“They’re more of a nuisance than anything else.”

See highlited part above. That’s economic diversity. Also it’s the non-informed opinion of a layperson. An exterminator wouldn’t know what the cause is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:06 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Also it’s the non-informed opinion of a layperson. An exterminator wouldn’t know what the cause is.

An expert on exterminating pests has no expertise on pests? Is that what you're saying?

I disagree. I think he has. I think he has at least as much as the unnamed bureaucrats from Alberta Health Services who admitted to not knowing much on the subject.

He definitely has enough to justify the opening line in the article of:

"According to a local exterminator, a rise in cockroach numbers may be a sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity."

You appear to be insinuating you have superior expertise to challenge the theory of the bug expert.

Very well, what is it you doubt.

Is it that he is getting increasing calls about cockroaches?

Is it his theory that as Edmonton expands it is bringing in cockroaches from warmer climates through the products it imports?

Please enlighten us, oh wise one. What is it you know that the bug exterminator doesn't?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:19 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Also it’s the non-informed opinion of a layperson. An exterminator wouldn’t know what the cause is.

An expert on exterminating pests has no expertise on pests? Is that what you're saying?

I disagree. I think he has. I think he has at least as much as the unnamed bureaucrats from Alberta Health Services who admitted to not knowing much on the subject.

He definitely has enough to justify the opening line in the article of:

"According to a local exterminator, a rise in cockroach numbers may be a sign of Edmonton’s growing diversity."

You appear to be insinuating you have superior expertise to challenge the theory of the bug expert.

Very well, what is it you doubt.

Is it that he is getting increasing calls about cockroaches?

Is it his theory that as Edmonton expands it is bringing in cockroaches from warmer climates through the products it imports?

Please enlighten us, oh wise one. What is it you know that the bug exterminator doesn't?

He’s not sn expert and neither am I. But if you think imports are somehow related to immigrants ir ethnic diversity that’s a special kind of stupid. Do you really think we’ve have significantly fewer Japanese cars if there were fewer Japanese immigrants? Or fewer made-in-Taiwan children’s toys if there were fewer Taiwanese immigrants?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am

Exterminators are experts on pests and how to kill them. And you're not.

The idea that bringing in more products from warmer climates would explain an increase of pests known to hitch rides from from such regions is basic. It's blatant. It's obvious. That may be why you're having trouble with it. That sort of thing always seems to have difficulty penetrating through the indoctrination and into the magic kingdom of Beaveworld where thoughts are reimagined into a more "Progressive" reality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 am

OR fiddleworld... as we know if the exterminator had said it was due to warming conditions, you'd be doubting his credentials as he was a mere exterminator. And subject us to 10,000 links to denier pages to "prove" it.

Like where do you think these bugs came from? Hidden in the chesterfield or back of the TV when U-Haul moved their earthly possessions from the refugee tent?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 pm

herbie herbie:
OR fiddleworld... as we know if the exterminator had said it was due to warming conditions, you'd be doubting his credentials as he was a mere exterminator. And subject us to 10,000 links to denier pages to "prove" it.

Or the herb-infested altered state of herbie. :lol:

But it's true. If you had tried to sell me on the claim more of your global warming magic was responsible. I'd want an explanation as to how that worked. Simply saying hocus pocus global warming did it, wouldn't work this time. If it ever did. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Cockroaches are sub-tropical/tropical. The only reason they exist in the north US and Canada is because of heated buildings; they can't survive cold very well. Global warming will affect cockroach habitat like it will effect the habitat of all other creatures. But even with global warming, I don't think it would push their natural habitat as far north as Edmonton.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Exterminators are experts on pests and how to kill them. And you're not.

The idea that bringing in more products from warmer climates would explain an increase of pests known to hitch rides from from such regions is basic. It's blatant. It's obvious. That may be why you're having trouble with it. That sort of thing always seems to have difficulty penetrating through the indoctrination and into the magic kingdom of Beaveworld where thoughts are reimagined into a more "Progressive" reality.

Being an expert on how to spray poison doesn’t make you a biologist or an expert in how creatures enter the country. And as I said before and as you ignored, even it is from foreign cargo if you think that’s because of immigrants or ethnic diversity you’re a special kind of stupid.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.