Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Well, fuck those guys for being snotty about it. She looked like the kind of ol' gal that hasn't been comfortable a day in her life wearing a dress so more power to her for her own natural image.

That's where you and I disagree. Formal occasions require formal dress. Showing up dressed like a slob shows a great disrespect.

Showing up looking like a slob at a formal mess dinner in the military is a guaranteed way to lose some personal freedom for a few weeks!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Well, fuck those guys for being snotty about it. She looked like the kind of ol' gal that hasn't been comfortable a day in her life wearing a dress so more power to her for her own natural image.

They make formal women's wear in a pant.

If you aren't comfortable in a dress, don't wear a dress. Doesn't change the fact that it was a formal attire event.

The irony of the clothes conversation, in regards to genders, is that women are afforded far more latitude in what they wear than what men wear.

Ironic, as that never seems to come up in these conversations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Yeah, but the military's real with real people that actually matter. Hollywood shit like the Oscars is just more of their fatuous navel gazing stupidity. Matt Stone and Trey Parker once showed up to an Academy Awards ceremony wearing dresses & make-up and stoned out of their heads on LSD. The beautiful people gave them a break even though the two of them probably did it to get material on the elite for Team America: World Police. They can cut an old broad a break once in a while. I don't accept the hoighty-toighty routine from a pack of movie industry jackals who probably rammed $50 million worth of Bolivia's major export up their noses on Oscar night alone. Them fuckers have zero right to look down on anyone else, ever.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:06 pm

^^ I'm with Thanos. Very true 2Cdo that a black tie affair is a black tie affair, but that lady is a makeup artist. I don't know what they pull in, but I'll bet that she didn't let the valet park her new Ferrari before getting her award.

She wasn't disrespectful, she just didn't get any offers from any designers to wear their garmet for the cameras.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:16 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^ I'm with Thanos. Very true 2Cdo that a black tie affair is a black tie affair, but that lady is a makeup artist. I don't know what they pull in, but I'll bet that she didn't let the valet park her new Ferrari before getting her award.

She wasn't disrespectful, she just didn't get any offers from any designers to wear their garmet for the cameras.

The vast majority of the guests at the Academy Awards make way less than her.

Still saw a lot of tuxes and assorted formal wear.

They have this new thing...tuxedo rentals. And, yes, Moores will size women. Had one in my brother-in-laws wedding party. Tailor at Moores didn't even blink. She looked just as tier 2 as the rest of us, in comparison to the bride.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Chris Rock Asians skit, Sacha Baron Cohen crude joke raise ire

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/oscars-dive ... -1.3470925

Oh, oh, seems there is not harmony in diversity land.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Sasha was mocking everything politically correct but it wasn't as bad as the reaction when Stacey Dash walked on stage because unlike the sheep in the audience she's capable of thinking for herself and GOD HELP HER, she's a Republican. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Yeah, but the military's real with real people that actually matter. Hollywood shit like the Oscars is just more of their fatuous navel gazing stupidity. Matt Stone and Trey Parker once showed up to an Academy Awards ceremony wearing dresses & make-up and stoned out of their heads on LSD. The beautiful people gave them a break even though the two of them probably did it to get material on the elite for Team America: World Police. They can cut an old broad a break once in a while. I don't accept the hoighty-toighty routine from a pack of movie industry jackals who probably rammed $50 million worth of Bolivia's major export up their noses on Oscar night alone. Them fuckers have zero right to look down on anyone else, ever.

The bottom line is she's the one who now has two Oscars and will probably have a couple of more before her career ends and she knew it the way she did the Travolta strut to the stage. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Bump, because this retarded column attached is literally the nadir of liberal thought on this kind of issue. Short read: it's racist to cast a white actor to play a character that was white from the beginning.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/it-actually-real ... 1762435382

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Bump, because this retarded column attached is literally the nadir of liberal thought on this kind of issue. Short read: it's racist to cast a white actor to play a character that was white from the beginning.

This writer doesn't know jack shit about fanboys, does he? If this obscure comic book character is going to be a success on film then the support of the fanboys is critical because, really, that's who this film is being made for.

Piss them off by casting someone else in the role and you risk having them flame the movie on social media and then it flops before it's even made.

Hollywood learned their lesson about pissing off the fanboys:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

Here's the #1 rated review:

$1:
Terrible movie as previous reviewer writes the pacing is all wrong the characters are bleh you don't feel any attachment to them with them creating no chemistry.The middle section of the movie is drawn out while the climax feels rushed like the director went gosh where running out of time quick rap it up. After the recent awesome avenger movies and the Thors this felt like some hacked together 1990s offering.The story has so many gaps in it with supposedly super smart scientist doing super stupid things and Miles Teller playing Mr Fantastic is just a terrible choice he has no screen presence as a leader. Wait for DVD or what ever and let it go quietly in to the past .

The people behind the film went out of their way to 'reimagine' the Fantastic Four and they really fucked it up.

But at least Hollywood paid attention instead of trying to argue with their customers.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:12 am

Thanos Thanos:

Interesting piece.

I doubt the author realized that his entire argument is far more racist than the comic ever was.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Well if we can have Idris Elba play the uber Aryan god Heimdallr, then what the f*ck.