canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Title: Naturopath who treated child with rabid dog saliva solution gives up licence
Category: Health
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-11-08 11:13:13
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm actually surprised there is a place for cranks, witch doctors and shamans to get a license.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Naturopathy is actually a serious and regulated part of the medical system. I suspect the cranks go quiet while they're in naturopath school and then go deep into the pseudo-science and bunk nonsense after they've been licensed, with the regulatory authority none the wiser until they nearly kill someone. Same happens a lot in chiropracty. Tons of great no-nonsense chiropractors out there but they all get a bad rap because of the freaks and grifters that open up their own clinics to push bullshit on unsuspecting or desperate clients.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:11 pm

This is what really scares me.

Quote:
Anke Zimmermann says she'll continue as unregulated homeopath

And God knows there are enough idiot granola crunchers and millennials who'll go to a "homeopath" with the expectation of getting a safe effective treatment. I'm sorry but this woman is a menace to society and if she actually continues her practice as a homeopath she should be incarcerated. Because for her to continue her special brand of witchcraft under a new professional alias show's a complete lack of regulation on the gov'ts part and her unwillingness to accept the fact that people can't be treated for serious illnesses with eye of newt, toe of frog and wool of bat.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:47 pm

What kind of person would even try rabid dog saliva on a human being?
Couldn't get a real doctors degree because they knew they'd turn into a Dr Mengeles?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:50 pm

herbie wrote:
What kind of person would even try rabid dog saliva on a human being?

That's how the next zombie apocalypse will start. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanos wrote:
Naturopathy is actually a serious and regulated part of the medical system. I suspect the cranks go quiet while they're in naturopath school and then go deep into the pseudo-science and bunk nonsense after they've been licensed, with the regulatory authority none the wiser until they nearly kill someone. Same happens a lot in chiropracty. Tons of great no-nonsense chiropractors out there but they all get a bad rap because of the freaks and grifters that open up their own clinics to push bullshit on unsuspecting or desperate clients.

Naturopathy contains s lot of bogus pseudoscience, it’s only recognized in a handful of provinces, Alberta was the most recent in 2012

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpos ... ritics/amp