canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Title: NDP eyes sweeping healthcare coverage and universal pharmacare for 2019 federal election
Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-06-17 21:51:48
Canadian

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Well it's about time. Too bad Trudeau didn't fix First Past the Post voting, because all this is going to accomplish now is a nice vote splitting on the left, and a "majority" win by the conservatives, with a minority of the vote.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Time to seize control of private healthcare again, eh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Exactly what “private healthcare” do you think is being seized?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:54 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Exactly what “private healthcare” do you think is being seized?

Actually, it's not the private healthcare that will be seized but the money for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 pm

One of the few things I agree with the fed NDP is national pharmacare. Even here in Canada we still end up with people going bankrupt due to wildly expensive medications or being given sub-par generics because the provinces won't cover the more costly brand names. A national program would put a stop to the kind of nonsense where people end up dying because their medicines ended up getting Shkreli-ed by some POS on Wall Street buying the licence to needed medication and jacking the price up 3000% overnight in order to "increase shareholder value".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Generics aren't sub-par. It's not like how Welfare Family cookies are cheaper than Dad's cuz every fucking one in the box is broken.
It's ass-kissing NAFTA2 to agree with US patent extensions for Big Pharma. That's gonna cost us.

Pharma, dental, etc. should've been covered long ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Umm, no, I can tell the difference. One of my meds is generic and is no where near as effective as the brand name version.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'm all for free-enterprise and capitalism but I also believe that certain things like water and health care should have never been turned into what are essentially publicly traded commodities.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 am

Thanos Thanos:
Umm, no, I can tell the difference. One of my meds is generic and is no where near as effective as the brand name version.

Compare what is in them to see what is different. Generics are typically an identical make-up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 am

Tricks Tricks:
Thanos Thanos:

Compare what is in them to see what is different. Generics are typically an identical make-up.

I've had that happen in the past. Generic brand just didn't work as well. Most of the time they do but for some reason I could tell the difference. Pain meds for me either they work or OMG it barely took the edge off and I still hurt like a mofo. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 am

Thanos Thanos:

Might be placebo effect.

In order to be certified as a generic it has to have the same active ingredients in the same quantities, enter the bloodstream in the same manner and have the same clinical effects.

That said there’s some *anecdotal * suggestion that if you’re constantly switching back and forth between different equivalent meds (doesn’t matter if they’re brand or generic or both) , then some meds that deal with brain chemistry like antidepressants might be less effective or less consistent. This has nothing to do with brand being superior to generic or vice versa it has to with the switching and the brain constantly trying to play catch-up. And not everyone agrees that there’s actually a change in these cases, it could all just be psychosomatic.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52 pm

herbie herbie:
Generics made in China in shitty factories aren't sub-par.

FTFY.

https://www.google.com/search?q=drugs+m ... e&ie=UTF-8

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 pm

$1:
Generics made in China in shitty factories aren't sold in any Canadian pharmacy.

FTFY

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:43 am

herbie herbie:
$1:
Generics made in China in shitty factories aren't sold in any Canadian pharmacy.

FTFY

Some made in India in shitty factories have been.

https://nationalpost.com/health/health- ... y-concerns