bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Although FOX is especially bad, the entire 24-hour cable news cycle sucks in general. They're in a constant feeding frenzy for ratings. They don't report news any more, they create it according to their biases. A "news" station doesn't have a daily cycle of so-called information that's being spewed out not by anchors or journalists but by paid professional pundits, talk-radio hosts, and columnists. The whole spectum of cable news is thoroughly untrusworthy and should be ignored by anyone looking for accurate inormation.

Glenn Beck gets 3 million viewer or so per day? Big deal, that's like maybe 1% of the US population. 20 years ago one of the networks they gave comedian David Brenner (who was a fuck of a lot funnier and more intelligent than Beck could ever be) a talk show and it was cancelled as a failure for only getting 3 million viewers. Keep that factoid in mind in order to maintain some perspective.

great post as usual.

Ironic that so many people these days turn to comedian Jon Stewart to get some semblance of balance in their news reporting, while the 24-hr cable stations have become the joke.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Zip: I think it's more telling of the people who look to comedians for news.

Bias is expected and that's acceptable but news is news and the news should always take presidence over the bias. This is a poor example by FOX but there are other examples I used where news on FOX simply wasn't covered on some of the others because it was politically damaging. To me, that is simply unacceptable, and it looks like to a whole lot of other people too:

Foxnews O’reilly 4,039,000
Foxnews Hannity 3,451,000
Foxnews Beck 3,421,000
Foxnews Greta 2,785,000
Foxnews Baier 2,273,000
Foxnews Shep Smith 2,201,000
Msnbc Olbermann 1,395,000
Msnbc Maddow 1,369,000
Cnn King 1,355,000
Cnn Cooper 1,086,000

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 pm

If I posted viewership of any of the various christian evangelical would that make you convert? Would it make the crap they spew truthful?

I thought not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 pm

I like the one where Bill O'Reilly said that public health care would be good if it helps out working people and families:

Gasp! Traitor! Traitor! Revoke his membership in the club! He's clearly a Commie!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:50 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

Bias is expected and that's acceptable but news is news and the news should always take presidence over the bias. This is a poor example by FOX but there are other examples I used where news on FOX simply wasn't covered on some of the others because it was politically damaging. To me, that is simply unacceptable, and it looks like to a whole lot of other people too:

Foxnews O’reilly 4,039,000
Foxnews Hannity 3,451,000
Foxnews Beck 3,421,000
Foxnews Greta 2,785,000
Foxnews Baier 2,273,000
Foxnews Shep Smith 2,201,000
Msnbc Olbermann 1,395,000
Msnbc Maddow 1,369,000
Cnn King 1,355,000
Cnn Cooper 1,086,000

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O I'm shocked that anyone would be thick enough to even attempt to justify the content of anything by using viewer ratings. This must set a personal low even for you. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:54 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

The simple fact of the matter is that CNN did cover this story. As a matter of fact Bill O'Reilly--you might have heard of him; he works for FOX News-- even said that CNN covered the story on his Reality Check. As a matter of fact the picture used in the ad by FOX News where they accuse CNN of not covering the news is, in fact, a picture taken from a CNN tower camera.

The difference, as Rick Sanchez at CNN pointed out is that CNN covered the Washington Tea Party March, they did not promote it. FOX News has trouble with that distinction, and that's the bottom line here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Zip: If you look back, you'll see I said the same thing. That's why I said that this is a bad example for FOX. Better would have been Van Jones and ACORN on CBS or NBC. CNN is much better than those two.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ridenrain ridenrain:

The simple fact of the matter is that CNN did cover this story. As a matter of fact Bill O'Reilly--you might have heard of him; he works for FOX News-- even said that CNN covered the story on his Reality Check. As a matter of fact the picture used in the ad by FOX News where they accuse CNN of not covering the news is, in fact, a picture taken from a CNN tower camera.

The difference, as Rick Sanchez at CNN pointed out is that CNN covered the Washington Tea Party March, they did not promote it. FOX News has trouble with that distinction, and that's the bottom line here.

Fail News pwns itself again. Cable news in the US is so f***ed up to begin with, but Fox takes it to stellar levels. The US is turning into a Third World landscape of blatant Propaganda and if it continues it will not end well for them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Hence the reason I don't watch ANY cable news network.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Fail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm

And for one, Riden.

Many probably did say that the Left is incorruptible. That's partisanship.

Acorn clearly is corruptible.

They got one thing right.

I just want you to remember that it doesn't justify the entire FOX news program.
And doesn't justify the insanity in the American political system.

Call me back when Obama resembles anything less then a Capitalist American-Born Citizen.

If he comes out bearing the Sickle and Hammer, and sends tanks into American cities to steal their guns, burning the American flag and admitting he was born in Kenya, I'll join the insane ranks of the likes of the 9/12 group.

Until then... They are simply foolish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Here's CNN's Rick Sanchez hitting back as only he can.:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:55 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Here's CNN's Rick Sanchez hitting back as only he can.:

Well done. I haven't checked, but I hope the other networks respond publically as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Yeah.. It was good. That's why I posted it back on page-1 along with these other comments.

ridenrain ridenrain:
I guess the US government and the senate watch FOX too because they suspended Van Jones and halted all funding for ACORN too.
Pretty hard to trivialize the effects of FOX NEWS when their the only ones reporting it and their getting results.

:D

(pwned.. :roll: )

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 pm

...and spent the next two pages trying to justify the ad? :roll: