CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27862
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:57 pm
 


Title: New California Law Limits How Much Water People Can Use
Category: Environmental
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-06-03 00:41:08


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12515
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:57 pm
 


I didn't believe this until a friend from Comifornia sent me the article.

This is the height of insanity. Prepare for something that may never happen and in doing so punish the people paying your salary. :roll:

Either shower or wash your clothes. WTF? I guess all the granola crunching, dope smoking, VW driving, long haired friends of Jesus want everyone else in the state to smell just like they do. :P

But, it's gonna get interesting when people start getting arrested because they didn't know their toilets were leaking and the used up the daily quota of water up and then had a shower. ROTFL

You've also got to admit though that it's a little odd a sanctuary state which wants unbridled illegal immigration would go to this extreme to make sure the people who pay taxes can't be clean or washed on the same day.

Oh and I almost forgot. Expect the price of produce from Comifornia to be way higher when this insanity actually comes to fruition. So, not only are the people going to suffer down there they're going to drive their economy right down the crapper along with everyone else. I just wonder how the Hollyweird elitists will get around this latest edict from the politburo without looking like hypocrites for doing it?


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12511
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:54 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
I didn't believe this until a friend from Comifornia sent me the article.

This is the height of insanity. Prepare for something that may never happen and in doing so punish the people paying your salary. :roll:

Either shower or wash your clothes. WTF? I guess all the granola crunching, dope smoking, VW driving, long haired friends of Jesus want everyone else in the state to smell just like they do. :P

But, it's gonna get interesting when people start getting arrested because they didn't know their toilets were leaking and the used up the daily quota of water up and then had a shower. ROTFL

You've also got to admit though that it's a little odd a sanctuary state which wants unbridled illegal immigration would go to this extreme to make sure the people who pay taxes can't be clean or washed on the same day.

Oh and I almost forgot. Expect the price of produce from Comifornia to be way higher when this insanity actually comes to fruition. So, not only are the people going to suffer down there they're going to drive their economy right down the crapper along with everyone else. I just wonder how the Hollyweird elitists will get around this latest edict from the politburo without looking like hypocrites for doing it?


Yeah because having just experienced a 5-year drought in no way suggests that water conservation is important.

Before I reply to the rest your post I wanted to give you the opportunity to re-read the article (or read for the first time) and confirm if you think this law means users will be given “a daily quota” of water and “will be arrested” for exceeding it. Please confirm if you’ll be backpedaling or doubling down.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8325
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 pm
 


Probably just in a pissy mood cuz it's been pissing rain for over a week and water restrictions there still went into force.
Waiting for the pissy neighbour on our cul de sac to call the bylaw officer because someone in an odd numbered house is watering on an even numbered day or at 9:15 even though the lake just receded....


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12515
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
I didn't believe this until a friend from Comifornia sent me the article.

This is the height of insanity. Prepare for something that may never happen and in doing so punish the people paying your salary. :roll:

Either shower or wash your clothes. WTF? I guess all the granola crunching, dope smoking, VW driving, long haired friends of Jesus want everyone else in the state to smell just like they do. :P

But, it's gonna get interesting when people start getting arrested because they didn't know their toilets were leaking and the used up the daily quota of water up and then had a shower. ROTFL

You've also got to admit though that it's a little odd a sanctuary state which wants unbridled illegal immigration would go to this extreme to make sure the people who pay taxes can't be clean or washed on the same day.

Oh and I almost forgot. Expect the price of produce from Comifornia to be way higher when this insanity actually comes to fruition. So, not only are the people going to suffer down there they're going to drive their economy right down the crapper along with everyone else. I just wonder how the Hollyweird elitists will get around this latest edict from the politburo without looking like hypocrites for doing it?


Yeah because having just experienced a 5-year drought in no way suggests that water conservation is important.

Before I reply to the rest your post I wanted to give you the opportunity to re-read the article (or read for the first time) and confirm if you think this law means users will be given “a daily quota” of water and “will be arrested” for exceeding it. Please confirm if you’ll be backpedaling or doubling down.


Water conservation is not water allocation which, is what is happening in Comifornia.

As for replying to the rest of my post feel free because, if my using literary license to exaggerate the absurdity of this latest version of the lefts environmental nazism isn't to your liking then I guess it's tough luck because I won't be backing or doubling down despite your veiled threats.

As if you think being "alloted" 55 gallons of water per person per day isn't a daily quota then you're the one who should read or re read the article.

Quote:
So, what are the new rules?

In 2022, the new indoor water standard will be 55 gallons per person, per day. by 2030, it will fall to 50 gallons.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12511
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
I didn't believe this until a friend from Comifornia sent me the article.

This is the height of insanity. Prepare for something that may never happen and in doing so punish the people paying your salary. :roll:

Either shower or wash your clothes. WTF? I guess all the granola crunching, dope smoking, VW driving, long haired friends of Jesus want everyone else in the state to smell just like they do. :P

But, it's gonna get interesting when people start getting arrested because they didn't know their toilets were leaking and the used up the daily quota of water up and then had a shower. ROTFL

You've also got to admit though that it's a little odd a sanctuary state which wants unbridled illegal immigration would go to this extreme to make sure the people who pay taxes can't be clean or washed on the same day.

Oh and I almost forgot. Expect the price of produce from Comifornia to be way higher when this insanity actually comes to fruition. So, not only are the people going to suffer down there they're going to drive their economy right down the crapper along with everyone else. I just wonder how the Hollyweird elitists will get around this latest edict from the politburo without looking like hypocrites for doing it?


Yeah because having just experienced a 5-year drought in no way suggests that water conservation is important.

Before I reply to the rest your post I wanted to give you the opportunity to re-read the article (or read for the first time) and confirm if you think this law means users will be given “a daily quota” of water and “will be arrested” for exceeding it. Please confirm if you’ll be backpedaling or doubling down.


Water conservation is not water allocation which, is what is happening in Comifornia.

As for replying to the rest of my post feel free because, if my using literary license to exaggerate the absurdity of this latest version of the lefts environmental nazism isn't to your liking then I guess it's tough luck because I won't be backing or doubling down despite your veiled threats.

As if you think being "alloted" 55 gallons of water per person per day isn't a daily quota then you're the one who should read or re read the article.

Quote:
So, what are the new rules?

In 2022, the new indoor water standard will be 55 gallons per person, per day. by 2030, it will fall to 50 gallons.


In short:

It is not an allotment to each citizen, thtat is the total consumption target for the local utility to strive towards. Understand? An individual could use a million gallons a day, as long as the AVERAGE consumption for that utility is 55 gallons per person they’ve met the target. If not, it is the utility not the individual user who is sanctioned. Get it? Similarly it’s the utility accountable for leaks in water its system, not homeowners for leaks in their homes. Get it?

Now the article in the OP is obviously written for clicks and reaction rather than information because it leaves out a lot of info (so much for “liberal media”) but note that for indoor water use, newly built homes already average 35 gallons and non-rural homes already average under 55 gallons so contrary to the narrative of people having their laundry and bathing restricted, this is about outdoor use (i.e. lawns and swimming pools) which account for more than half of total household consumption of 90 gallons:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/31/ ... -new-laws/


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28899
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 am
 


Hmmm, strange that they don't seem to aim the efficiencies toward the crop growing side of the equation. :idea:


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12511
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 am
 


If history is any example, agriculture and golf courses will be exempt. Anyone who doubts this world is ruled by old white men only need look to the privileged status that golf courses hold in our society.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28899
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
If history is any example, agriculture and golf courses will be exempt. Anyone who doubts this world is ruled by old white men only need look to the privileged status that golf courses hold in our society.


Your society. Only thing I used golf courses for was deer hunting in the fall.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:23 am
 


The one thing I do appreciate about golf courses is that they are preserves of open space.

In California we've seen a lot of courses close over the past decade and dammit to hell if the first thing that happens is the construction equipment moves in and hundreds of shoddy houses appear. :|


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20778
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
If history is any example, agriculture and golf courses will be exempt. Anyone who doubts this world is ruled by old white men only need look to the privileged status that golf courses hold in our society.


OK, so first you imagine something then you claim it proves something. :lol:

You're halfway there though. The other guys were trying to be funny.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:58 am
 


I'll put it down as another negative Trump-era effect that golf courses, and golfers in general, are now being attacked with such ferocity these days. It sucks because they consume no more water than farms do and provide a valuable and safe green space free of vehicles for all kinds of birds and other animals.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20778
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 am
 


Yeah, that damned Trump and all those evil old white guys with all their golfing.

Image


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am
 


Evil men like Trump automatically taint good things merely by touching them. It's just another one of the many sad facts of life. :|


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20507
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am
 


How is this a surprise? California just came out of a huge four year long drought that at times averaged more than 40% (with high points of nearly 80%) of the state in either extreme or exceptional drought:

Image

https://www.drought.gov/drought/dews/california

The only reason the drought even ended was a month of heavy rain across the state in December 2016/January 2017, which led to Gov Jerry Brown declaring the drought over in April of 2017.

In hindsight, he shouldn't have done that, because water usage is back up to pre-drought levels because Californians gave up on conservation, which is probably why there new conservation measures are necessary.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/10/ ... -declines/


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeaverFever and 9 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.