bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:59 am

I'm a Anti-Monarchist and favor a Republic of Canada. There is free speech. However when foot in Canada, one must respect Canadian Law and Customs, be it visiting or if by choice becoming a Citizen in accordance with Canadian law.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 am

I wonder if Ezra has any thoughts on this:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:18 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
This place will be so much better once we get rid of the damn monarchy. I could care less about the whole lot of them, let them work and pay taxes and deal with real problems like the rest of us mortals.

$1:
In 1992, The Queen volunteered to pay income tax and capital gains tax, and since 1993 her personal income has been taxable as for any other taxpayer. The Queen has always been subject to Value Added Tax and pays local rates on a voluntary basis

So that's one reason of yours to get rid of the Monarchy shot to shite and for the record they do work, probably alot more than our politicians.

$1:
All eyes may be on the third generation, the younger royals, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, but 65 per cent of official engagements - 2,655 - last year were undertaken by people who might have been expected to retire if they were not part of the British monarchy.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/549 ... oyal-birth

You might not consider being at the beck and call of every charity, group, rude politician, University and organization a job but, allow me to assure you that if it wasn't, people like Al Gore and Bill Clinton wouldn't be making all that money. ROTFL

As for getting rid of the whole lot of them well, let's have a referendum and see how it all shakes out because you'd be surprised how many people in Canada actually like having a Royal Family.

Pfft oh yeah being born into royalty is a curse I wouldn't take that job for all the money in the world. I hear you can get fired from being a royal if you don't attend your minimum quota of rubber-chicken dinners and ribbon cutting ceremonies, which is so much worse than having to get up and commute in to the same middle class job every goddam day. :roll: NOT

You mean the queen now pays taxes on the almost $80 Million annual income she gets from the taxpayer in the first place? What a martyr she is! And her poor hubby and kids have to get by after paying taxes on their paltry combined $27 Million. Do you think the bank might repossess Windsor Castle if Lizzie doesn't make the payments on time? :roll: NOT

To clarify what I meant: Let the royals go out in to the workforce earning their own private money from employment, and them pay tax on that income. Let them then have worry about getting laid off or not meeting job performance targets and having to pay mortgage, re-shingle the roof, or repair a leaky basement and all the rest of that real life bullshit. Until that happens, these people are nothing but a waste of time and money.