Title: NFL TV Ratings Down Again | The Daily Caller
Category: Sports
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-09-23 02:49:53
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:57 am

There are ways to protest without offending so many people.

Bottom line: disrespect the flag, you disrespect those who have fought and died for it and your freedom. My guess is you will see an NFL anthem protest counter movement, not for the sake of players caring, but for the sake of players realizing when owners make less in TV deals, they make less in salary.

Let's see how low the ratings go or if this is just a short term issue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:00 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:

It's their intention to offend people, classic biting the hand that feeds you.

I haven't watched a pro ball game for more than 20 years now.

Hopefully more Americans will turn their attention and money away from these entitled
spoiled dindus and on to better things.. like hockey. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:30 am

martin14 martin14:

Hopefully more Americans will turn their attention and money away from these entitled

I also gave up on the NFL many years ago. I found it had become a 3.5 hour snoozefest with about 5-10 minutes of actual action. It was like watching paint dry.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:01 am

martin14 martin14:

It's been about that long since I was into the NFL. I watch the Superbowl and the odd playoff game now. Might not watch anything at all until respect for the anthem is shown again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:18 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
martin14 martin14:

I also gave up on the NFL many years ago. I found it had become a 3.5 hour snoozefest with about 5-10 minutes of actual action. It was like watching paint dry.

Hell, I've seen more action in the final two minutes of a CFL game than I've seen in an entire NFL game.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:18 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Hell, I've seen more action in the final two minutes of a CFL game than I've seen in an entire NFL game.

And the final 2 minutes of an NFL game takes 45 minutes to play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 am

Life imitates art. Or is it the other way around? Football exemplifies the worst aspects of modern society: violence punctuated by committee meetings. Throw in nonstop crack-marketing and you've got the NFL. Mindless entertainment for mindless couch potatoes. And we wonder why there're so many mooks among us.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:15 am

I hate football.

What I want is a game where the opposing teams defend their own end zone and attack the other side's end zone.

Both teams will be armed with medieval weaponry suitable for hand-to-hand combat.

The first member of a team to reach the other side's end zone alive wins the game.

The ratings wil be epic because people want to see actual combat, not this pansy-ass nonsense with helmets and padding. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 pm

I call bullshit. The sale of Colin Kapernick jersey's are way up so, following the left's logic viewership must be up to. :roll:

But seriously. You can't blame the entire downward viewership trend on disrespectful idiots like Kapernick because it's been happening in all major sports for awhile and it's likely because these sports with their strikes, their drug or concussion scandals and enternal quest for the bottom line have alienated alot of their former patrons.

$1:
The league has also compared favorably to its chief rival among the four major sports, Major League Baseball. Both Warriors/Rockets (7.4M) and Cavaliers/Hawks (6.8M) finished comfortably ahead of baseball’s comparable League Championship Series, Royals/Orioles (5.0M) and Giants/Cardinals (4.5M). The NBA’s regular season numbers also outpaced MLB, with ABC’s 2.2 regular season average topping the last seven seasons of MLB on FOX.

It should be pointed out that not all of the comparisons are favorable. The NCAA Tournament has left the NBA Playoffs in the dust as basketball’s chief TV draw, turning what was already a large gap between the events into a rout. Outside of an NBA Finals Game 7, it is unlikely any NBA game will soon match the 28.3 million viewers for this year’s Duke/Wisconsin title game — or even the 22.6 million for Wisconsin/Kentucky in the Final Four (on cable).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... e25977318/