CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:04 pm

That'll be a major revenue loss.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Tough when your making Canadian dollars and paying American dollars. Screw you Edmonton--you were supposed to be carrying the banner for Canada by now. Ha ha ha

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Listening to some of the Oiler fans back in October and they were like the Cup should have been delivered right to them the minute they drafted McDavid. Now some of the other first-rounders they got want to be traded out of there. The more things change the more they stay the same. Not the wrong players apparently, kind of a Maple Leafs effect, just something wrong in that organization that isn't able to form them into a winning team.

I don't know about the Flames either. Could be another long stretch of badness for them too. That playoff run last season could have been a fluke and they're back to their usual place of being somewhere in the neighbourhood of eight spot but still too far from it. Too old before, now too young. Too big and lumbering before, now too small and easy to push around. Not enough scoring before, now no defense worth talking about. The goaltending really hurt them this year but it's not like the net got much help at all from anyone in front of it either. Sigh. Same old same old. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 pm

:(

I had the feeling right from the start of the season that it was just not going to be a playoff-bound year for the Canucks and honestly, by mid-December I started losing interest in the season. Just too many factors not in their favour.

I did however, expect to see at least a few Canadian-based teams do well so that the playoffs would at least be interesting to watch but now... I really don't care who wins the cup this year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Same. I figured the Habs would make it in and crash out like they always do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:59 pm

xerxes xerxes:

The Habs got exposed as a team with very little to offer once Price was done for the year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:07 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
xerxes xerxes:

The Habs got exposed as a team with very little to offer once Price was done for the year.

No doubt price was the catalyst for this meltdown but, this might have had a bit to do with it to.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=67176

IIRC at one point they were fielding 10 players from their AHL farm team which given their performance musn't have been all that good.

If TSN is to be believed this is the first time no Canadian teams made the playoffs since 1970 though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Ugh, probably won't watch any of the Playoffs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 pm

We should have a Canadian team playoffs.

It could be round-robin for the first round... eliminate the bottom 3... then 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 in a best out of 7 before the winners play a best out of 7 for the "Best of the worst" cup. [cheer]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:44 pm

The "Toilet Bowl"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:20 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
That'll be a major revenue loss.

Which means the timing of the World Cup of Hockey couldn't be better for the NHL. They will likely make up for the loss from this years playoffs, and maybe even more.
Besides, I'd rather see the players play in the World Cup of Hockey than that corruption and drug riddled travesty called the Olympics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:24 am

Meh, the OHL playoffs are on. You can tune in junior hockey and see guys actually competing instead of the boring Euro-weenie float-fest that the NHL has become. And you can take the whole family to a game, get snacks and a big foam finger without selling a kidney.

And baseball season is a few days away. So fuck the NHL.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Meh, the OHL playoffs are on. You can tune in junior hockey and see guys actually competing instead of the boring Euro-weenie float-fest that the NHL has become. And you can take the whole family to a game, get snacks and a big foam finger without selling a kidney.

And baseball season is a few days away. So fuck the NHL.

You call the NHL boring and then mention the return of baseball. :lol:

Baseball is the number one treatment for insomnia. Watching paint dry is far more thrilling than watching 3+ hours of that "sport". [hockey]