CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28994
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am
 


Title: No Evidence That Snow Is Disappearing
Category: Environmental
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2020-01-30 07:40:16


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34688
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am
 


This is a perfect examples of what modern philosophers refer to as the modified Strawman Argument. Pick an argument that nobody is making, then show how tearing that argument down (Strawman) also makes your opponents side appear so crazy and twisted that there is no need to even debate them on the subject. Bonus points if you can do it without showing any factual basis for your argument.

This further radicalizes your 'side' of the debate without ever actually having to engage in debate.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4661
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:06 am
 


no debate is required here, just data indicating an increasing amount of snow...goes against the doom predictors who pretty much all said there would be very little snow etc etc. One of the very many complete and utterly BS climate cult 'predictions' within the last decade.

This goes along with all the other data indicating that storms are not getting worse, the number of storms is not increasing, tide's are not drowning island nations..the list goes on and on.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34688
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 am
 


uwish wrote:
.goes against the doom predictors who pretty much all said there would be very little snow etc etc.


The only ones I see predicting that are Watts and The Daily Wrong Numbers.

Strawman.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23959
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 am
 


Without actually stopping to think about it I would immediately assume snow would increase. Warmer air means higher capacity for water vapour, which should mean more precipitation. I have no data to back that up one way or another though. And since places aren't going to stop dropping below freezing, we still get snow.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34688
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:48 am
 


Tricks wrote:
Without actually stopping to think about it I would immediately assume snow would increase. Warmer air means higher capacity for water vapour, which should mean more precipitation. I have no data to back that up one way or another though. And since places aren't going to stop dropping below freezing, we still get snow.


Just like the 1990 IPCC report predicted. Until eventually temperatures in the snow zones exceed those where we don't get snow now (or it's rare), like the Tropics or Middle East. But that isn't expected till 2100 or so. But right now, no one is expecting to see any drop off in snowfall.

By the time we see no snowfall planetwide, the equatorial regions will be sterile. We don't see that yet.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25148
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:04 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
uwish wrote:
.goes against the doom predictors who pretty much all said there would be very little snow etc etc.


The only ones I see predicting that are Watts and The Daily Wrong Numbers.

Strawman.


Speaking of wrong...

There is an article in The Independent that became kind of infamous. It made some predictions of doom. It was titled "Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past."

The article has been disappeared by the Independent but some screen-grabbed it for posterity.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2018/01/04 ... dependent/

It contained what is now an oft quoted bad prediction from Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia. He's one of those "Peer reviewed, consensus scientists" you're always talking about when you're doing your 'appeal to authority' thing.

Here's his now famous quote among those of us who don't know what you're talking about when you lie and call Watts a doom predictor.

From Global Warmist, Dr. David Viner:

“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,”


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1393
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:10 am
 


How much does "measuring snow" pay? and Who pays these people??


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 836
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:13 am
 


CharlesAnthony wrote:
How much does "measuring snow" pay? and Who pays these people??


Well the average science research assistant gets paid in coffee and doughnuts.

How much does it pay to be an oil executive spreading strawman arguments that make you richer?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.