canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Nothing wrong at all with firmly securing the various untermensch and other expendables in the category they were born to be in. It's merely the natural order of social and economic Darwinism.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:18 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
You can't run a corporation that treats its employees "fairly", pays extremely well, offers benefits etc that others don't, unless you happen to be a monopoly, and even then you won't last long.

Yet in the USA Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A, and In-N-Out Burger have done these things for decades and all three firms are experiencing steady and profitable growth.

No they haven’t. You’re just naming overtly conservative employers. AFAIK NONE of those companies have been recognized for anything unusual except their extraordinary right wing partisanship I mean Hobby Lobby went to the Supreme Court to avoid covering birth control claiming that corporation have the same religious rights as people and birth control was against its religion. How is that “providing benefits others don’t”?

Also a reminder of who the real corporatists are.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Yet in the USA Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A, and In-N-Out Burger have done these things for decades and all three firms are experiencing steady and profitable growth.

No they haven’t. You’re just naming overtly conservative employers. AFAIK NONE of those companies have been recognized for anything unusual except their extraordinary right wing partisanship I mean Hobby Lobby went to the Supreme Court to avoid covering birth control claiming that corporation have the same religious rights as people and birth control was against its religion. How is that “providing benefits others don’t”?

In-N-Out Burger starts everyone off at $11.00 an hour. That is over 50% higher than the federal minimum wage. They offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. Their 401K plan is a thousand times better than mine. Even part time people earn vacation. Someone in this thread stated that a company almost has to be private to offer above board pay and benefits, and they may have a point as In-N-Out Burger is a privately held corporation. They must be doing something right. Everyone of them that I have visited has always been packed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:02 pm

rickc rickc:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

In-N-Out Burger starts everyone off at $11.00 an hour. That is over 50% higher than the federal minimum wage. They offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. Their 401K plan is a thousand times better than mine. Even part time people earn vacation. Someone in this thread stated that a company almost has to be private to offer above board pay and benefits, and they may have a point as In-N-Out Burger is a privately held corporation. They must be doing something right. Everyone of them that I have visited has always been packed.

When your employees are happy, they perform better, make better products, and people want to come back. This is, but shouldn't be, a foreign concept to managers. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid management is, when they do everything they can to make people hate their jobs. Then wonder why people perform like garbage and give shitty service.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:21 pm

rickc rickc:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I guess it’s all relative because in Canada the minimum wage is $11 or higher in every province -sometimes much higher ($14 in Ontario , 13.60 Alberta). I don’t know about other provinces bu vacation pay for PT is also a regulatory requirement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:01 pm

$1:
Hobby Lobby went to the Supreme Court to avoid covering birth control claiming that corporation have the same religious rights as people and birth control was against its religion

Fucking lowlife scum outfit