Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Canadaka
Date: 2009-07-03 10:59:24
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:38 pm

All medical systems have problems, but comapred to what we have i the states the Canadian system is by far better. The Canadians certainly put more thought into their health delivery system that we did.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:10 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
All medical systems have problems, but comapred to what we have i the states the Canadian system is by far better. The Canadians certainly put more thought into their health delivery system that we did.

How so????? How can you compare on a real life level??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:19 pm

We have many people who are dying because they can't get simple medical help. There are other problems that people have that are much more complicated. Up north they can get treated, in many cases down here your rooked.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:23 pm

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:

How so????? How can you compare on a real life level??

Americans shouldn't have their quality of life reduced because of business oriented decisions.

In real-world metrics, the US should have something similar to our system, as the cost is cheaper and results in a better standard of living.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:03 am

But first you have to convince a lot more Americans that your health is a right and not a commodity.
That Health Services are like fire & police protection, defense and civic infrastructure, not like toasters, microwaves and tv sets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am

herbie herbie:
But first you have to convince a lot more Americans that your health is a right and not a commodity.
That Health Services are like fire & police protection, defense and civic infrastructure, not like toasters, microwaves and tv sets.

To do that, you first need to make them realize that their lives are their own, not in the hands of destiny, "the man", drugs or the system. Too many have surrendered and are happy to play the victims, blaming everyone else for their problems when they do nothing to improve their lot.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:18 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Americans shouldn't have their quality of life reduced because of business oriented decisions.

So it is better to have out qaulity of life reduced by Goverment oriented decisions.....ahhhhh no thanks!!!! Come on put the goverment in charge!!!!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:19 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
We have many people who are dying because they can't get simple medical help. There are other problems that people have that are much more complicated. Up north they can get treated, in many cases down here your rooked.

And in Canada they have people dying cause they cant get medical help cause they have to wait!!!!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:22 am

The US famous for the saying give me liberty or give me death but with out your health you have nothing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:23 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
To do that, you first need to make them realize that their lives are their own, not in the hands of destiny, "the man", drugs or the system. Too many have surrendered and are happy to play the victims, blaming everyone else for their problems when they do nothing to improve their lot.

I think we do here in the USA that why we dont want the goverment in our lives telling us we have to have healthcare their way or no way kinda like the way Canada as it. Except for your realllly rich people they just come to the usa if they are sick.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:24 am

Scape Scape:
The US famous for the saying give me liberty or give me death but with out your health you have nothing.

Do you sit around all day waiting for the next time your going to get sick?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:

And in Canada they have people dying cause they cant get medical help cause they have to wait!!!!

sorry friend, if its serious you get medical attention immediately, when you hear about long waits its for non-serious injury or illness, if you are suffering from something serious like an embolism you are seen within minutes, if you have the sniffles, then you will wait for as much as 8 hours, that how triage works, those who need it the most are seen first.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:32 am

oh and I should mention your taxes cover your stay.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:35 am

Scape Scape:

Do you sit around all day waiting for the next time your going to get sick?

You have as much control over being sick as anyone else. It is half chance and half choice. Do you decide when your going to have cancer?