canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:00 am

Title: Obama Just Announced a Plan to Restrict Police Use of Military-Style Equipment
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-05-19 07:38:48

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:00 am

a good start...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:20 am

Restrict sounds much better than prohibit. I'd still want an armored vehicle when the biker gangs start feeling feisty.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

A civilian police force has no use for .50 caliber rifles, camouflage uniforms and armed aircraft. The militarization of police forces needs to stop.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
A civilian police force has no use for .50 caliber rifles, camouflage uniforms and armed aircraft. The militarization of police forces needs to stop.

Exactly. The police are putting alot of National Guard and Reserve units out of business with their Armoured Assault Vehicle responses to things like jaywalking. ROTFL

But seriously, when do they decide they need tanks to patrol the streets safely? This militarization of the police forces started after that North Hollywood shootout and has grown well beyond the scope of what the police need to do their jobs effectively. For anything that's above and beyond a swat team's capabilities you have the military. :x

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:23 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:

They're just trying to keep up with the Texas picnics and lunches. :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Regina Regina:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

They're just trying to keep up with the Texas picnics and lunches. :lol:

Nah there waiting for NV's famous Hell's Angles and Mongol's Biker Gangs. There mad cause they didn't get an invite nor at least a memo lolol. As for militarization of Police, Obama actually asked the USCG to enforce Posse Comitatus Act silent on the Local Police. Only we have that right with the NG/Reserve's. You will also notice in DHS the USCG is taking over some dept's whether Obama likes it or not 8O . It's called a Coastie Flu and Infection and it happens when we coastie's get pissed. I cant Rep Regina, can someone rep him please, I love Regina's comment above :rock: .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:23 pm

Vamp018 Vamp018:
I cant Rep Regina, can someone rep him please, I love Regina's comment above :rock: .

Done. [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:48 pm

:lol: Thanks!